ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is Chris Benoit capable.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2004, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Is Chris Benoit capable.....

of carrying Kane to a decent match in the Bad Blood ppv?.....

is he going to be able to put on the caliber of match that say, Angle put on with Kane at WMXIII?.....

oh, and this is the 100th thread in Smarks....congrats.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I don't think Kurt Angle was in Wrestlemania 13, Oeo...he debuted in 99, his first Wrestlemania was in 2000 where he lost both of his belts (Intercontinental and European) without being pinned. That was Wrestlemania 16....he didn't fight Kane...he fought Benoit and Jericho.
The highlight of Wrestlemania 13 was Austin vs Hart ...
I think you mean Wrestlemania X-8 as the WWE so cleverly dubbed it. He did fight Kane there, and it is probably the best match of Kane's career....scratch that...it IS the best match of Kane's career.

anyways, back to the point of the thread

No, Benoit cannot carry Kane to a good match. I won't say I've seen every match of Kane's but I've seen a lot of them. With the exception of the Angle match NONE of them have been good matches. Kane is nothing more than a gimmick bigman. the sad part about that is, they can't decide what his gimmick is. Is he a monster, is he a necrophiliac, is he a mute and burnt retard? Who knows? Who cares?
He's completely lacking in charisma and in-ring ability. His moves were all stolen from the Undertaker, who is hardly known for being innovative in the ring. Kane took these moves and made them his own by making them sloppier. Yup, thats real championship material. there is a reason Kane's title reign lasted 24 hrs...he sucks. Benoit can carry almost anyone to a good match. However Kane is an exceptionally heavy piece of luggage to toss around the ring...and Benoit is kinda small....he'll need help to make that a good match. Aside from all that, as I stated with a previous title contender whose name shall not be mentioned, anyone participating in a World Title match should not need to be carried thru the match. If you wanna hold the strap you should be able to hold your own inside the ring...Kane cannot. He has no place in the title picture. I'm not even really sure how he got there from a minor feud with Matt Hardy. I don't think they think these things thru. They don't think the fans pay attention to these things....as evidenced by Kane's personal storyline.

O well, no one's paying attention anyway...and this PPV will still be better than Great American Bash....*shakes head and leaves thread*
Old 02 Jun 2004, 05:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

when it comes to big guys, Kane is a lot better than those they've attempted to push in the Past (I.E, someone called Mark Henry :shakehead: ), but he isn't anywhere near as good as other workers who have faced benoit. and as we've seen in the past, benoit cannot work well against big guys.

....and i'm pretty Sure oeo Meant Wrestlemania XVIII.

oh yeah, and congrats smarks

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Benoit won't be able to carry Kane because Benoit is not capable of carrying anybody. His entire set involves stumbling around getting beat on for 5 mins, which Kane will do. Benoit will flop off the ropes and take a couple bumps while Kane goes through his wimpy monster routine. This is going to be the first 5 mins of the match. Garantee. Their will also be some chops traded. Oh, the drama. Then while Kane is trying his best to at least look like a respectable monster, having beat the midget for 5 mins straight, Benoit will pop up, no sell every one of Kane's moves, give him some suplexes and try to teabag him off the top rope. Kane will get up, go for some chokeslam which Benoit will of course, slip onto the floor and use the crossface. No, it doesn't sound like Benoit is going to carry Kane to anything decent, and god willing, this whole match will be over and done with asap. Kane will keep on being the bitch monster and Benoit will keep on being the overshadowed second rate belt valet.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryp
I think you mean Wrestlemania X-8 as the WWE so cleverly dubbed it. He did fight Kane there, and it is probably the best match of Kane's career....scratch that...it IS the best match of Kane's career.
smart aleck..........yes, I meant 18 and not 13.....thought I put the V in there.....

Exo has summed up my feelings pretty well......Benoit is now officially a terrible excuse for a champion.....the supposed "smarks" dream champion is horrid, imo, and will not be able to put on any kind of a performance against Kane.....I had never thought about how much better Angle is than Benoit before.....but this will be the nail in Benoit's coffin for his championship run.....he can't compete with the true heavyweights.....he should go back to his real weight class and play with the cruiserweights.....

Old 03 Jun 2004, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

CountryBoy1.0 is on a distinguished road

Ye, who have little faith in the Crippler.

As I wrote previously, Chris Benoit is like Flair, he can have a three-star (not a four-star) match with a broom. His match with Sid Vicious in 1999 at WCW was actually very compelling and technically sound. Benoit and Kane will have a decent match, nothing worth tlaking about for years, but a crowd-pleaser.
CountryBoy1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2004, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Chris Benoit can't have a **** match with anyone not named Angle, HBK or HHH at this point.....he has a weak moveset that is old and rehashed, his finisher has become a sloppy armbar with a chinlock, and I could call his matches before they ever take place.....Benoit is a beefed up cruiserweight with the heavyweight title.....as is Eddie.....difference being, Eddie could put on the match you described, and when he's done he could talk about it.....Benoit, on the other hand, can't pull a new move out to save his life, he has no aerial attack and his mic work consists of "oh, is that so?".....Benoit/Kane will be horrid.....that's in no small part due to Kane, but Benoit will have to do something major for his side of the story.....and he's just no longer capable.....maybe he never was.....

remember, this is the sports entertainment business.....and Benoit is not entertaining as the champion.....

Quote:
Chris Benoit is like Flair

in no way, shape, fashion or form.....I like the things you have been posting, but this comment is way off.....

Old 05 Jun 2004, 12:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

CountryBoy1.0 is on a distinguished road

I may have reached with a comparison to Flair purely in the sense of wrestling technique. However, I see bright spots in Benoit that many have found (in their own right) boring or repetitive. I just re-watched his triple threat at WM XX, and it might be in my top five favorite matches.

Even since his WCW days, I have always found Benoit to be an astute and compelling wrestler who can plug in his formula on ANYONE and pull out a decent or even great match. Certainly, a worthy opponent is in order (HHH, Bret, etc.), but I still adore the pureness of his wrestling skill. Everythin Benoit does is crisp to the tee, the chops, the arm holds, the punches, he is never NOT in character, and that's what makes me appreciate him.

I can understand why many find his style too grounded and lackluster, but I am admittedly partial ot Benoit because he just tries so damn hard. Remember the neck surgery in 2001, as well, and he remained most of his top quality. Edge.... I think the surgery really brought him down big-time, but I might be early in that skepticism.
CountryBoy1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2004, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

IN all honesty I really don't think this is going to be a good match. But I will hold my thoughts until after the match takes place. But for the record no I don't think so....

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2004, 07:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Benoit can have a good match. He can not carry anyone. Personally, I think he's less than 2 years away from contracting RFS and then he may not be able to have a good match unless he is carried.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2004, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Just as a refresher, Benoit and Kane put on probably the best match of Kane's career. It might only be topped by the match Kane had with Angle, which I don't remember probably because I never saw it

Anyways, I do remember the Kane/Benoit match and it was the best match on the card as well
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2004, 09:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
Anyways, I do remember the Kane/Benoit match and it was the best match on the card as well
Sure beat the hell out of the millionth chaper of Triple H vs HBK.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote