ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

The Ultimate PPV of all time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2004, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default The Ultimate PPV of all time

whoa whoa whoa, i know you may think this is one of those things for fan fiction...or you or thinking about WMIII or something like starcade 1992...either way this ain't it...what i want is for you to come up with say 12 matches to make up a PPV...but the matches have to be matches that have happened already...so basically you can take from any PPV or any Wrestling event that has occured, and take your top 12 to make the ultimate PPV...obviously you can't have the same guy wrestling in all 12 matches...so try to be realistic...So come on folks let me hear something, and try to also tell why you picked that match...and if possible put them in order of how they would appear on the show...remember this can be from any organization doesn't have to be all WWE, or WCW can be a mixture of anything.
Old 15 May 2004, 03:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

okay, i'll give it a try. In many ways it's a WWE/Tna crossover PPV

World title Triple threat match.

Chris benoit Vs. Bret Hart Vs. Kurt angle (the ultimate clash of 3 of the best technical athletes in wrestling Ever.)

rey Mysterio Vs. Aj Styles (battle of the high flyers)

Chris Jericho vs. Christopher Daniels (Y2J vs the Fallen Angel)

IC title

Randy Orton vs. Chris Sabin (Future Vs Future)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shawn Michaels ( i always wanted to see them go 1 on 1)

The Rock Vs Sting (another one i've Always been interested in seeing)

Abyss Vs kane (Battle of the Monsters)

The Dudley boyz vs AMW

HHH vs randy Savage.

Hurricane Vs Cm Punk.

Raven vs Mick Foley.

and

Goldberg vs the gobbeldy Gooker just for kicks.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2004, 11:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
...but the matches have to be matches that have happened already...so basically you can take from any PPV or any Wrestling event that has occured, and take your top 12 to make the ultimate PPV...
Sin those matches never happend........

I'd start it right of with:

1. AJ Styles v. Low-Ki (NWA International Jr. Heavyweight title match) Korakuen Hall 03'

2. Bret Hart v. Curt Hennig (WWF IC Title match) Summer Slam 92'

3. The Eliminators v. The Dudley Boys (ECW Tag Title Match) Barley Legal 97'

4. Eddy Guerrero v. Dean Malenko (2 out of 3 falls match) ECW Aug. 95'

5. Tully Blanchard v. Dusty Rhodes (Barb Wire Ladder Match) Great American Bash 87'

6. Dr. Death and Terry Gordy v. The Stiener Brothers (NWA Tag Title Match) WCW 92'

7. Chris Benoit v. Kevin Sullivan (Falls Count Anywhere match) Clash of the Champions XXXIV

8. Randy Savage v. Ricky Steamboat (WWF IC title match) WM III

9. Big Van Vader v. Sting (Strap Match) Superbrawl III

10. RVD and Sabu v. Hayabusa and Shinzaki (ECW Tag Title match) HeatWave 98'

11. Ric Flair v. Arn Anderson Fall Brawl 95'

12. Shane Douglas v. Al Snow (ECW World Title match) Wrestlepalooza 98'

That would be something I would pay $150 for...........

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

excellent choices, Dre.....

I'd go with the Skywalkers matchup of the Road Warriors vs the Rock n' Roll Express at NWA Starcade 1986......scaffold matchup that would get the crowd pumped.....

then, and you'll have to forgive me because I can't remember the ppv, but I'd go with Tazz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow when Tazz suplexed Bigelow through the rampway.....it was just crazy......

Sabu vs Sandman, November to Remember 1997.....Tables and Ladders match.....Sandman was a drunken fool and Sabu was a "homicidal, genicidal" maniac who just happened to win.....wow.....

-------------------------------------------------------------
I give the crowd a break from the craziness and throw in a "taped fist match" with Ronnie Garvin and Tully Blanchard from Great American Bash 1986.....classic fistfight from two of the classic guys......
--------------------------------------------------------------

I take from NWA's Chi-Town Rumble (1989) Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat for the heavyweight title.....Steamboat pinned Flair in just under 30 minutes.....man, what a show.....

from SummerSlam 1988, Ultimate Warrior defeats the Honky Tonk Man in under a minute.....effectively beginning "Warrior Nation"......and, this gives the crowd a big reason to get pumped up again.....

because the next match is.....

Tables, Ladders and Chairs, WM16, Hardy Boys, Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian.....unbelievable matchup.....I love this match.....

we're halfway through, and the ppv is just getting started.....I'll be back.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I think the one you talking about with Bam Bam and Tazz oeo, is ECW Living Dangerously 98'. That was a match I was thinking about making too.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

thanks.....I've had some fun doing this, and I'm trying not to have any repeats.....I'll have the other five matches up here in a bit.....

Old 19 May 2004, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

good job guys, i haven't decided what i want yet..but thanks for participating.
Old 22 May 2004, 02:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Seven matches in, it's time for this thing to "kick it up a notch"......
for match #8, I go with the match that really began to cement Steve Austin as one of the greats.....of course, it didn't hurt that a certain Hitman was his opponent.....WM13, "I quit" matchup.....

#9 brings us Rock/Hogan from WM18.....this is probably my favorite Hogan match of all time.....and two of the three biggest "Icons" of all time.....

match #10 brings in the greatest of all time, Sting.....this isn't the Crow Sting.....no, this is the man called Sting.....Sting vs. Vader, SuperBrawl 3.....leather strap match.....and Sting lost.....but a fun match, nonetheless.....

#11 brings a bit of a repeat, just because it was such a cool finish.....I love watching this match, and I would put in as THE main event were it not for what's in THE main event.....

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels, Ironman matchup, WMXII......HBK wins the title for the first time, and it is a priceless moment in pictures when he looks down at the belt, sitting on his knees in the middle of the ring.....I get chills remembering this match.....wow.....

and finally.....

THE MAIN EVENT.....

I chose this one, not because of who is in it, although there are some huge names here.....I chose it because it forever changed the face of wrestling history.....the biggest name ever in wrestling, the changing of the guard.....the day WCW placed it's name at the top of the wrestling world.....the match had no winner and no loser.....

the aftermath was quite possibly the craziest scene in ppv history.....you guessed it.....WCW's Bash at the Beach, 1996.....the day wrestling became mainstream.....Main Event Six Man Tag Team Match: The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) and Hulk Hogan fought to a No Contest with Randy Savage, Sting, and Lex Luger (16:00).

that's my ppv.....I tried not to repeat, and I didn't put Sting's best match in there.....but that's a ppv worth watching.....

Old 23 May 2004, 03:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

oh sorry, i misunderstood. sorry about that. i Must've missed that part.

I'll think this through and try again, with Matches that Actaully have happened before.

and again, Sorry about that. but that does give me an idea......

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote