ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Watching Nick Dinsmore wrestle makes me sick.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 May 2004, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Watching Nick Dinsmore wrestle makes me sick.......

After watching the debute of Eugene, I discoverd one thing tonite. The fact that A wrestler of the calibure of Dinsmore, is diffenently to good for a gimmick like Eugene. The Eugene gimmick is one that doesn't have to far to go, when it comes to moving up the ladder in the wrestling world. In OVW Dinsmore was an established wrestler who was the Heavyweight Champion. His wrestling ability and the talent he displayes in playing Eugene alone should be enough for someone to see this is the wrong road for a man like him to travel down. Eugene is a charecter that is made for sideshow type wrestling. Similar to Hurrican and Rosey. Nice to see but not someone you will ever take serious in their current situation. Eugene can go but so far imo, and Dinsmore has the potentail to go a whole lot further then Eugene can take him.

Thoughts on if its a good idea to have a man who is solid inside and outside of the ring, stuck in a gimmick that will not let him be taken serious or advance very far up the ladder of success in the WWE.

I personally think Dinsmore could have been brought in the WWE a completly different way and still have succeeded on a different scale.........

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2004, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I agree with you Dre. Eugene is talented and skilled but nobody will take him seriously because of his gimmick. I havent seen any tapes from him in OVW but from what i heard, he was pretty good. Its almost another waste of talent unless they do something about his gimmick. In his training video i thought that he might actually get a bit of a push because of his skill but i guess...Vince doesnt care. I think that after a few years he might get a break from the WWE like every wrestler and come back with a new gimmick that would make him look good. I hope that in the future he will get a new gimmick so fans can look at him differently and take him seriously.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2004, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

While I agree with you Dre, this is just to introduce him to the WWE fans and get him over. Right now, the crowd loves him. Had he just debuted as a regular guy or with some generic gimmick, the crowd wouldn't have cared, even if he did pull off a great match his first time out. It's sad that a lot of fans don't care about in ring, but this has gotten him over. I'm sure down the line that he'll have a gradual transformation from retard to normal, kinda like the Dudleyz when they first debuted to their subsequent tenure. Buh Buh stuttered and D'Von had to smack him to get his words out right. Bubba stopped stuttering after a while, and I don't even really think the fans noticed the change, because it happened gradually. I'm sure that with time, and maybe minor character tweaks, Eugene will evolve from being a retard. Only time will tell....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2004, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Triple X Factor

.::xXx::. is on a distinguished road

^^^Maybe so, but still, they should of brought him into the game as something a little more on the sane side. IMO, making the Eugene character was a sick stunt on the WWE's behalf. It is making fun or those people less fortunate than others. I try not to laugh while the people around me go into hysterics when they see him. It aint funny. The correct word is SICK.

But Nick Dinsmore will evolve into a better character. I have noticed a little evolution in previous weeks. Like when Eugene went on commentary he commented on the Canadian Flag. And last week he made that comment about the Arm Drag and Eugene brough Ricky Steamboat into the convosation. This is the WWE's way of saying the Eugene character is smart and getting smarter. IMO.
<option>Xtremist</option>
<option>Xtasy</option>
<option>Xstravigant</option>
<option>Xzillerant</option>
<option>Xciting</option>
<option>X'm Up</option>
<option>X Marks The Spot</option>
<option>Fuck Naw</option>
<option>X Spots The Marks</option>
</select>

::X:: Rearange the whole game with my rugged sound ::X::
::X:: Wont even say your own name when i come around ::X::
::X:: Stay on top but remain on the underground ::X::

.::xXx::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2004, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I think it's embarrasing and imo the only thing worse than jobbing to a retarded gimmick is jobbing to a one legged gimmick. Dinsmore has talent, but this is a joke. It wouldn't matter to me if he was the most over guy on the roster, it's just stupid.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2004, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

yes, the gimmick is horrible.....it's disgusting that they would do this, imo.....

on the flip side, Dinsmore is quite capable and I thouroughly enjoyed his in ring quality and all of the tributes he did last night.....

why the WWE thinks they need to make fun of people in this manner is beyond my comprehension, though.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2004, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
yes, the gimmick is horrible.....it's disgusting that they would do this, imo.....

on the flip side, Dinsmore is quite capable and I thouroughly enjoyed his in ring quality and all of the tributes he did last night.....

why the WWE thinks they need to make fun of people in this manner is beyond my comprehension, though.....
I agree oeo. The WWE have made fun of some great talents by putting them in stupid gimmicks. One person is Charlie haas. He is being gay with Rico on SD while his partner is beating HHH. WWE will always do this to wrestlers though, but i wish it didnt happen to eugene. Vince should know he has talent and that he could go along way without this stupid gimmick.
Old 11 May 2004, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

eric1229 can only hope to improveeric1229 can only hope to improve

one word for where someone like nick dinsmore belongs... TNA
eric1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2004, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Extreme.

^Not really. He should stay in the WWE but just get a gimmick change so people will take him seriously. He doesnt need to go to TNA. Not enough pay. He might get a serious gimmick but really, Would you rather be in TNA then on RAW.
Old 11 May 2004, 07:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I wouldn't say he belongs in TNA, but he would be a nice asset to the company if he was in TNA. Most likly he wouldn't be a retarded wrestler, and would be a serious conteder for the World title.

He should stay in WWE, I just want him to be someone I can actually like. Being a retarded wrestler isn't someone I am gonna really get behind. Exspecially since he isn't retarded.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2004, 04:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I 've only seen him wrestle once. I just can't see past the gimmick to his skill.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2004, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

sabataged is on a distinguished road

Nick Dinsmore would of never got over. I have seen alot of OVW, and from those tapes he would of never been anything in WWE. But Eugene Dinsmore is the new age Hacksaw Jim Duggan. You can plug him in as the babyface of just about any program to get a heel over. I say face it, this is as good as it gets.
sabataged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

It's weird, because Eugene is practically the biggest face on RAW now. WTF? Just goes to show how unpredictable wrestling fans can be.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 08:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

This has gone from Gimmick to just entertain the crowd with a Story that tungs at the heart stings, everyone loves the under-dog, that's why People Still Love Spike and Eugene because they really should have 'no chance in hell' in the ring against a qualified certified professional, But That's what the Focus of his gimmick is doing, drawing out crowd emotions so people can feel for Eugene, people can cheer for Eugene and that's why People love Eugene, He's the Struggling Special Under-Dog, Although how much it is in Bad Taste it is a smart angle to bring a wrestler in, But not a Smart angle to showcase his abilities right now, He's had to incoperate sloppy moves for the character and has had to change his in-ring attitude too. Bottom line this Gimmick is purely for show, people just go nuts for the man, Not because he can wrestle but because he a inspiration to all those struggling as a small fish in the sea.
Old 03 Jun 2004, 06:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

CountryBoy1.0 is on a distinguished road

The gimmick is... well... retarded, but the sad fact is that mainstream fans click into these types of characters. My girlfriend, a non-fan, laughs at Eugene and finds him adorable. What fans like in the character Eugene likens to why Forrest Gump is the top ten of all-time blockbuster films. Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

But you KNOW Dinsmore's gimmick has to end, and it will be a hard fall. Eugene will job one day to some new rising star, and there must be an adjustment period. His wrestling quality is so-so, but not deserving of the level of Chris Benoit and Kane. That' sis simply a joke, just like the gimmick.
CountryBoy1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote