ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Does Stone Cold leaving make a major impact?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2004, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Does Stone Cold leaving make a major impact?

well, does it make a major impact or not?.....

thanks for responding.....I'll throw my two cents in after some responses.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2004, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

umm, well in my opinion yes, Stone Cold does make a impact on leaving the WWE, not a major impact but a minor impact. If this would have happened in 99 than it would have been a major impact impact.
Alot of the fans will miss Stone Cold, maybe not the "smarks" but the fans that just watch the WWE for the fun of it. I know Stone Cold is not a wrestler anymore and I know he is a spotlight whore but I wish he would of stayed with the WWE. He could of worked backstage or something and make an appearance on tv only a couple of times except for leaving. You guys might not miss him today or tommorow or next month but if you ever liked Stone Cold than you will miss him in a couple of months, I know I will. The good thing to come out of this is that the younger guys can get a break now and can take the tv time that Austin was using and use it for themselves.
I am dissapointed that Austin left because he is one of my favorites and it won't be the same without him on tv IMO, the WWE lost another big star but with guys like Austin and Rock gone, the WWE can push guys like Ortan and Benjamin now and those guys can become the next Rock and Austin
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2004, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

yes it does...i know my friends that don't read up on wrestling but just watch it on monday nights when they come over to my house love stone cold cause of the how do you say surprise time he might show up..they like the character and always have..it's like today's version of hogan as no matter what austin does the fans love him..yes it will impact it..but if they don't do a storyline around the whole ordeal, then the fans might become pissed off..so they better act quickly to fill the void not only in the storyline..but also as the explanation to why he left.
Old 17 Apr 2004, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^^ Dogcatcher, you explain that so well. I have been trying for a long time to explain that the majority of wrestling fans will just accept all the face and heel turns and all the other crap shoved down their throats which explained the popularity of talentless crap.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2004, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

it will alittle, but no much. just not a draw anymore in my opinion, but thats normal, stone cold is just past his prime. id rather have him on the show though.

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's

It makes a decent sized impact now when WWE certainly needs their icons. It makes an even bigger impact later when he becomes vailable to a new company.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

No impact that was noticalbe. It would have been more of an impact had he still been wrestling full time. However his backstage skits were getting shorter and shoerter so it was more of a gradual fading out.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 04:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Austin was just about useless, his impact will be felt, but in theory it is for the betterment of the company.

Austin couldnt wrestle, but because the fans "loved" him, they carted him down to the ring every week so he could promo and drink beer. Effectively wasting air time. In theory with him gone, WWE will start to allow his promo time to go to other more useful things...like matches, or wrestlers who actually will have matches.

I like a lot of the older guys in WWE (flair, hhh, hbk, etc, etc...) but I want the majority of them to take a big step back and give the younger guys more of a chance.