ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Who's gonna fill their shoes?.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 2004, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Who's gonna fill their shoes?.....

with a lot of the guys that have carried wrestling getting older, who are the up and comers that are going to fill their shoes?.....

seriously.....in the WWE, the guys that carried the decade of the 90's are just about done.....and sure, there are a few young guys.....but the brightest stars of the late 90's are burning out.....

it's not just a WWE problem though.....NWA has Jeff Jarrett, Sting.....they also have Styles, but it's just a matter of time until he moves up and signs with Vince.....

Shane Douglas?.....he's not getting any younger......

Steve Austin, HBK, Booker T, Undertaker.....they are all reaching the age where in ring action isn't gonna work any more.....

Rock has moved on.....Foley has already retired twice.....Ron Simmons.....

who's gonna take their place?.....

Can you really see Orton, Benjamin, Batista being considered the same as some of these names ten years from now?.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2004, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

The only real one I can see in this group is Benjamin. Now the WWE has their "minor leagues" where they might have a few prospects. I don't know very much about NWA so I will not comment on them.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2004, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

You know this is the problem. WWE has not been able to shape the WWE superStar of the future. They still depend on the old faithfulls instead of looking outside the legends and concentrating on the future stars. They tried pushing Lesnar but hell look what happened. They shoved him on top too fast, too soon and he got the goldberg syndrome and left. For now I can't say there is a possible superstar because there isn't a wrestler who's ready to carry the weight.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2004, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road

In another 5 years or so
guys like Cena, Orton, Benjamin, Edge, Benoit, and Eddie Gurrero will be the new big players I think.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'm gonna expand a bit......

Benoit is already in his late thirties.....that doesn't bode well.....

Eddie has been around for ten years.....maybe.....

I guess what I'm looking for is more along the lines of this.....

there never was a Sting until he came along.....but there was a Nature Boy before Ric Flair came along.....see, Flair filled someone else's shoes.....

HBK created a slot for someone to fill.....and to this point, no one has.....Austin created a slot.....Hogan created a slot.....Hogan's was filled by Rock....but now Rock has gone.....and nobody has filled his slot.....

so, maybe to expand.....does anyone need to fill these shoes that are being vacated?.....

Old 16 Apr 2004, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

The wrestlers you have mentioned are unique. It is nearly impossible to fill those shoes. Like I said Brock is a perfect example. Vince tried to create a new legend using brock as the subject. But Vince commited the fatal flaw of giving him a push way out of the ordinary. This stunt blew in Vince's face and now everything went down the drain. A sad thing to happen thou.

IMO we won't see star that will create an impact as big as Flair, Rock, HBK, Hogan, Savage etc. for at least three to five years minimun.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2004, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

AJ styles is where you start...regardless he is a crusierweight that can wrestle on any level..now no offense cause he grew up not too far from me in georgia but his is extremely southern and on the mic AJ might be at a disadvantage get him a manager put him in the WWE and let him go..hey that will be who replaces RVD

HBK's shoes will be filled by family..Michael Shane is almost an exact copy but can do more than HBK could in his prime..Shane still needs to learn more and not from Shane i only do a belly to back as my finisher douglas either..Shane has what it takes and can make a huge impact..

Taker and Kane well on that level not at least the big guy level but character wise put christopher daniels in WWE..his fallen angel and preaching the gospel can be a huge angel and can bring him to even more superstardom

Benjamin is the next Angle/Beniot..in the fact he is a pure wrestler like Angle but his mic skills need to be worked on like beniot's does/did..

Orton will take Rock's place..i enjoy watching orton especially his promos like RNN, and the legend killer/hardcore legend promos..those are great let him go on his on..and give him longer matches

Batista they say is getting better and if they let him go back to his character from OVW he will be huge..team him up in a stable with Chris Daniels and the upcoming Mordecai and you got success..

John Cena is not working on his wrestling and like in music every style gets big then fades away..when the whole aspect of the white rapper dies..see eminem isn't making that much music right now..then cena character will grow stale..and if he doesn't get better in the ring he won't be worth a shit..before the rapper gimmick i would have said he was the next sting

chris harris and James Storm are a great tag team and should be wrestling in WWE..they are one of the few teams i have seen that are actually a tag team and wrestle that way..

PS there are more I am sure but i don't want to mention them right now
Old 17 Apr 2004, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

excellent response, DC......thank you.....

Old 17 Apr 2004, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Guy's like Benoit and Guererro are already veterans, they have been wrestling for years and probably they will have to retire in a couple of years.

Guy's like Stone Cold and The Undertaker , there wrestling career is coming to an end, Austin already left the WWE and Taker is going to retire sooner or later

The Rock is gone making movies, making rare wrestling appearances and HHH is going off to make movies to now. I know HHH is still wrestling but he is a other guy that is going to retire soon

HBK's back won't be able to carry him for another 4 or 5 years so he is a other guy that is going to retire soon and Ric Flair won't be wrestling that long either

Guy's like Benjamin, Ortan, Y2J, and maybe Kane will be the next big stars. Im not to sure about Kane though because he has been wrestling for around 10 years now and is starting to get old. Chris Jericho already has been champion and proved himself IMO that he is a maineventer and could carry the WWE over the next couple of years. Shelton Benjamin is going to be big in the future IMO, he already proved that he can have some good matches like the match he had 2 weeks ago against HHH. He has the look and his mic skills are ok, so he is another guy that I think can carry the WWE. Randy Ortan is the same way, I expect Randy to become champion in atleast the next 2 years, he is already the IC Champion, so the WWE Championship is not that far off. He has the look as a champion and is getting the push he needs to become a good champion(Legend Killer)
Im not to sure about John Cena, yes he is over with the crowd and yes he is the US Champion and is getting the push but I just don't see him becoming champion because this rapper gimmick he has isn't going to last forever and he is going to have to do something new. His matches were great when he was heel, his match with Taker was great IMO, he really proved himself in that match but since he turned face, IMO his matches suck, he is more of a shows man now than a wrestler, plus his finisher the FU is weak. So I don't think he is championship material because his matches aren't as good now and his rapper gimmick is starting to get stale
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2004, 01:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Cena is more over than anyone else on SD other than possibly Eddie.....how can you say he's already getting stale, BA?.....

Old 17 Apr 2004, 04:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Not John Cena himself, just his gimmick, IMO his rapping is not as good as it use to be when he was a heel, now that he is a face his raps aren't that good anymore, I've been noticing that he dosen't rhyme on some of the lines in his raps. Right now he may not be stale but in a few months he will start to get stale with his rapping gimmick
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2004, 09:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

eric1229 can only hope to improveeric1229 can only hope to improve

not sure about all spots, but i think Abyss is the next big man. in a just world AJ Styles will be the next big superstar. i personally hope he doesn't go to WWE because they'll screw up his push like they have RVD and Booker T before him. Same theory can be applied to Chris Daniels. I am personally a big D-Lo Brown fan, but I don't think he'll ever get the push he deserves.
eric1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2004, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

sabataged is on a distinguished road

Well I would say that I agree with some posts, and disagree with alot...lol

I would say that Shelton Benjamin will be a fairly big star, but not as big as some say. I also think Charlie Haas will grow to be something special. No one starts off with the greatest gimmicks or whatever, you just have to step through the bad ones to get to a good one.

I also think Abyss could be a descent player in WWE because he is a big man who can work. He may be able to fill Undertaker's shoes, but that is a tough act to follow. Not too many could do what he has done in the business.

I am high on Randy Orton. The guy has that over-sell thing going on like the Rock used to have. Yeah Orton prolly isnt going to get down and techincal like Benoit, but Orton is the future. You can tell. The guy is a third generation star with wrestling pumping through his veins. I think WWE realized they can just fall back on guys who do this for a job anymore becuase they will leave them high and dry like Brock and Golberger.

They need fans, guys who know wrestling, who love the business. Thats why I think guys like Jericho, Orton, Haas (guy stuck it out even after his brother died, thats hard to do seeing as they teamed together. You know every time he gets in the ring he is reminded of his brother.), Edge (even though I cant stand him), and John Cena are the future.

People bash Cena alot because his gimmick is getting stale. I dont know about you but I think he is slowly getting away from the gimmick. He started off as a joke, mock rapper. Then he went to like hardcore rapper as a heel. Now he is a face, and slowly he is getting off the rap game. Yeha he is still a white hardcore gangsta wanna be, but if you listne to his promo's he is talking more and more and rapping less and less. Eventually he will just tone it all down to just being a hip white boy who spits out one liners to get a crowd popping.

It would be nice to see some one like AJ Styles or Chris Daniels mentioned but I dont see it. AJ is...well phenominal, but lets face it. When is the last time WWE pushed some one like him as their top star? Still thinking? Well I am too. Some could say AJ's style compares to Shawn Michaels but that is off, because HBK's charisma soaked the screen. AJ has little charisma. And as for Chris Daniels. I think he is awesome, but he just dont seem like a WWE guy. I just dont see him ever being one of the next big stars. All though maybe in ten years he could be the next Eddie Guererro. A guy that makes everyone else look good, and gets over for easily so they stick the strap on him for a moment. And as for Michaels Shane being the next HBK? Are you serious? I seen this guy several times and I dont see it at all. I thought his X Division reign was one of the weakest ones out there.

Last but not least I agree America's Most Wanted is the top tag team out there. They should be in WWE, on Raw every week defending the tag title against other prestigous teams like Hurricane and S.H.I.T, or wait... lol

But hey thats just my opinion, take it for what its worth
sabataged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2004, 03:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
X-Division Champion

Andy182 is on a distinguished road

i think the future of wrestling is ;
matt hardy
jeff hardy
edge
aj styles
brock lesnar
john cena
mark jindrak
cm punk
julio deniro
randy orton
batista

and i think hhh will stay for quite a while but im not sure . i think lesnar will go back to wrestling soon