ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

SummerSlam 2000.....a short review....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Apr 2004, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default SummerSlam 2000.....a short review....

I rented SummerSlam 2000 last night and watched it.....boy.....

there was a period of time that I stopped watching the WWF, and this was during that period.....after watching, I realized that I missed a few things that happened.....but I also didn't miss some of the stuff that went on.....

first off, Right to Censor was in it....they were actually a decent stable.....and this, I believe, was Victoria's first ppv.....she was there as a ho (of the Godfather's ho's) at ringside.....and they squared off against Rikishi and Too Cool in a six man tag.....

this was a fairly solid match, although it is one that would now be considered well above average.....

then you had part of what I don't miss.....there was a "Stinkface" match between Terri and the Kat.....whatever.....just goes to show you that T&A matches aren't new, and they weren't new then.....

Eddie (a much smaller Eddie, I might add) and Chyna (again, another thing I don't miss.....she was supposed to be a wrestler, a centerfold, and a woman.....three strikes and you're out....whew!).....vs Val Venis and Trish ( ) Stratus.....danged if Trish wasn't smokin' hot.....anyway, the match ended with Chyna winning the IC title.....this was her/his/it's third title reign, and a big reason that the IC title means absolutely nothing anymore.....

then, the match of the night.....the most entertaining match.....yes, Tables Ladders and Chairs in a rematch from WM.....and it did not disappoint.....would someone explain to me please why Jeff Hardy had to go off the deep end?.....man, that was some match.....not as good as the one from WM, but it was still great.....wow.....this match was proof to me that tag team wrestling existed in it's finest form not all that long ago.....but no more.....

now, tell me if this match sounds familiar......two "brothers", monsters in their own right, have bad blood with one another.....one man is making a huge return, the other wears a mask......one soundly defeats the other by making him a scared little man.....

yes, Taker vs Kane.....and that was only the 195th time.....

*scratches head, wonders aloud*......I wonder why they haven't done that more often.....oh, I know why......they have! #%*@#%*&@# (my version of cussing.....sheesh.....still the same battle, four years later).....

finally, the main event.....this was the buildup of Kurt Angle kissing Steph McMahon, the McMahon-Helmsley era....all of that......the Rock, HHH and Angle in a *gasp* three way main event.....where have we heard that before?......anyway, it was a pretty decent match and Rock won.....

now, I haven't talked about Shane McMahon's fall from the scaffold.....my two year old son watched it with me, and when Shane fell he exclaimed "Oh my Gosh!"......proof again that Shane McMahon is the most entertaining superstar Vince has ever created......some of you will get that......

all in all, this was a very good ppv and a good rental.....I give it ***1/2 out of 5.....would've been more if not for Chyna.....

now, the only thing that bothers me is this.....this was four years ago, and some of the same storylines were just used again last month.....so, when does it all begin.....again?.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2004, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Aaron has a spectacular aura aboutAaron has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I really enjoyed that PPV. I watched it in the hotel lounge Spain when I was on holiday there. I was only talking about this show with someone from PW on MSN the other night. We both agreed that it was a great show.

In fact, I'd say it's among my favourite PPVs ever. I really enjoyed the X-Pac/Road Dogg match...
Old 17 Apr 2004, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

to me this was the best PPV of the year 2000

wither its WCW or WWF that was the Top PPV of that year.

The list of matches was great : (I know I am missing a few matches)

Right to Censor vs. Too Cool & Rikishi

Tazz vs. Jerry "The King".

1st TLC match : Hardy Boyz vs. E & C vs. Dudley Boyz.

Bad Ass 'Taker vs. Kane (one of the weirdest Fest Fights I ever saw)

Shane McMahon vs. Steve Blackman. (the start of Shane's falls)

The Main-Event : The Rock vs. HHH vs. Kurt Angle

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 17 Apr 2004 at 03:27 PM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2004, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

IMO that was one of the best Summerslams the WWE ever had, I have Summerslam 00 on dvd and I watch it millions of times, that's how much I like it. It was entertaining from top to bottom, from Shane McMahons fall to the TLC match to the Rock vs. HHH vs. Angle match, that ppv was great
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote