ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Who was the best Manager back in the day....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2004, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Who was the best Manager back in the day....

Who do you think was just the best all around manager of wrestling. You know a guy who was able to cut great promo's and help get his guy over, at the same time was pretty instrumental in the success of the wrestler or wrestlers as a whole......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2004, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Mr. Fuji.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2004, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road

Bobby Heenan hands down
Old 11 Apr 2004, 02:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Jim Cornette was always my favorite...the guy could do wonders with just about anyone..by making you hate him so much...of course there are others as well..but damn that tennis racket..damn it to sandpaper
Old 13 Apr 2004, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

General Skandar Akbar: Always took some of the most unheard names in the business and made them stars. Great heel that always got over and drew major heat.

Paul E. Dangerously: Manager of champions, a great voice and everyone he ever managed made it to the top of the sport.

Jm Cornette: Mastermind of tag team wrestling, great mouth piece and one of the best minds in the business.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2004, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Ref. Bill Alfonso to me might have been the best manager of all time back in the day. Bear with me for a second, Fonzie was just all over the place. He actually was one of the reasons' the Van Dam/Sabu tag team was so damn good. Fonzie did the talking for two men who couldn't talk. He got their points across in a disgusting way. The man had heat up the ass, a solid gimmick, and was so instrumental in all of their matches; whether it be singles or tag. I mean he was always on point and always where he needed to be to help RVD or Sabu. I mean out of nearwhere a chair would be at someone's face in place for RVD to kick it. A table was always being setup on the outside for Sabu to put someone through. And he was so damn funny when he would wrestle the women like Buhla. I remember one time he knife edge choped her, and I litterally feel out of my seat I was laughing so hard. Fonzie was one of the only managers I can think of that was willing to take a hard bump. Often times it looked like he was just in a harkore match himself. Being a bloody pulp, spitting in the mic, screaming, blowing that wistle, jumping around, were all the tools that he needed to be one of the most hated yet greatest managers in all of wrestling.

Bobby Henaan is of course the other manager that comes to mind. He had heat that till this day people still chant weasel, lol.

Paul E. Dangersously- What can I say, the man created the Dangerous Alliance, and had that damn phone at all times.

Jim Cornett and the tennis racket, with the Midnight Express was brilliant.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2004, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

My Top 3 Are Cornette,Heenan,And Paul E....all three could draw heat...all 3 managed great names...
Old 18 Apr 2004, 12:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

The Mouth from the South Jimmy Hart.
Old 18 Apr 2004, 02:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Heenan. I miss him so much.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2004, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Bobby The Brain Heenan of course and Paul Bearer
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2004, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Bobby Heenan
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2004, 06:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

paul E. was just excellent ...... as well, bobby heenan ......

side note: bill alfonso was awesome, but he didnt manage long enough to be the best in my eyes ......

syco13
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2004, 05:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I would say Ted Dibiase but with the exception of Tatanka everyone he managed was a heel beforehand. Given that I'll have to say the Mouth of the South.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2004, 05:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Bobby Heenan
Bill Alfonso
Teddy Long-his work with Norman the Lunatic was priceless. They also gave him a stable of jobbers in WCW and it was fun to look at his face after they lost.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 04:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Freddie Blassie
James E. Cornette
Bobby Heenan
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote