ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Bob Sapp the new IWGP. Results from New Japan 3/28 Tokyo Ryogoku Show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2004, 02:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Bob Sapp the new IWGP. Results from New Japan 3/28 Tokyo Ryogoku Show

JAPAN: New Japan 3/28 Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan show: featuring Sapp win for IWGP title

Here are the rest of the results from New Japan's show earlier today at Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan:

Makai 1 and Mitsuya Nagai and Katsuyori Shibata and Ryushi Yanagisawa over Shinya Makabe and Toru Yano and Blue Wolf and Yutaka Yoshie

Tiger Mask over Katsushi Takemura

Jushin Thunder Liger over Masayuki Naruse to keep the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title

The Heat (Minoru Tanaka) over Koji Kanemoto to keep the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title

Josh Barnett over Mitsuya Nagai

Hiroshi Tanahashi over Kazunari Murakami in a Steel Cage Match to keep the U-30 Title

Shinsuke Nakamura over Hiroyoshi Tenzan

Yoshihiro Takayama and Minoru Suzuki over Manabu Nakanishi and Genichiro Tenryu to keep the IWGP Tag Titles

Yuji Nagata over Masahiro Chono

Bob Sapp over Kensuke Sasaki to win the IWGP Title

Credit pwbts.com

I gotta say this is most likly the oddest decesion by New Japan in some time. Sapp as the world champion, the very same man who was voted last year by the fans of Japan to be the worse wrestler.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2004, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road

This may be odd, but at the same time i am very interested to see where they will go with this
could we see a Scott Norton (the 1st time around) like reign, or will they quickly take it off him for someone else?

Also, could there be the possibility of a Hogan/Sapp match?
GProopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2004, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Hogan and Sapp my be one of the worse matches in NJPW history if it does go down. Though when Norton was the champion I actually didn't mind him. I enjoy his wrestling and what he does inside of the ring. As far as Sapp goes, I don't have a real problem with him, besides that entrance. But at the same time I don't think he is the top man for such a title either. He is nice and large, but I always thought him to be more of a supporting charecter rather then a leading one. Either way it will be interesting to see what happens in the near future, I have no doubt that he can wrestler a decent match, I just have doubt about the reign as a whole......

Old 05 Apr 2004, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road

oh of course Hogan and Sapp will be a horrid match
I'm just interested in seeing if it does happen and how it will go
GProopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2004, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dre

Yeah if nothing else it will be interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing Bob Sapp v. Gaint Singh, that would be crazy, if nothing else.