ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Gimmicks.....are they ProWrestling?.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2004, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Gimmicks.....are they ProWrestling?.....

gimmicks, like UnderTaker.....like Kane as the Christmas Monster.....

anyone remember the frozen Yeti with Kevin Sullivan?.....

are they the best for Pro Wrestling?....will we ever be able to get away from them completely?......

one of the WWF's worst periods of time was when they had so many cartoon characters.....but, it has seemed to carry long term success, as the UT is one of the most popular wrestlers in their history.....

so, are gimmicks forever a part of pro wrestling?.....should they just go away and give us wrestling, puro style?.....

giveth.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2004, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

As I have sdaid numerous times before, the majority of wrestling fans are marks. These folks are impressed by gimmicks and the corporations must impress their fans.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2004, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rated PG

Papa Geno is on a distinguished road

There has to be balance! There should be a place for a little of everything in the WWE. I want a WWE that featues Undertaker and Benoit, Super Heavyweights and Cruiserweights, wrestlers and entertainers! I want it to always be like Wrestlemania 20 was! It was a perfect blend of Wrestling! It had something for everyone!
Old 02 Apr 2004, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I think that in some cases a gimmick is needed to get the general fan's attention. A perfect example of this is John Cena. Before his Word Life gimmick nobody could care less about him and he was left to rot on Velocity. When he came out with the WL gimmick at first everyone loved to hate him because he acted like a punk white boy that acts like he's from the hood. I'm pretty sure everyone knows one or two of those these days so people could relate to that.

Gimmicks are not totally needed, however for most wrestlers to get the general fans attention then I believe they are almost required, but to a point. That doesn't go for everyone as Benoit doesn't have any type of gimmick however he seems to be pretty over with the fans.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2004, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Gimmicks Are and will forever be a part of Pro Wrestling...It's what keeps Fans enteratained..Perfect Example..Cena and Storm...Who's The Better Wrestler?..Storm..Who's on TV? Cena..Why?..Because Pro Wrestling Fans want more than wrestling..they want a reason to cheer someone,they want a reason to boo someone,and gimmicks give them that.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^^ I could have worked for a year and wouldn't have found a better way to put it.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2004, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pimp Schnookie

Soundgarden420 can only hope to improveSoundgarden420 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Soundgarden420

Gimmicks are the make or break of professional wrestling. There are good gimmicks and than there are bad gimmicks. Perfect example of a good gimmick - John Cena as a whigger. At first I thought the gimmick was odd, but than I and many fans grown use to it. He needs that gimmick to keep him over, though one day he might grow out of the gimmick and fans will respect him for who he is(Triple H was the same way). An example of a bad gimmick was The Red Rooster. Before then, Terry Taylor was a very accomplished athlete and a number 1 contender for Flair's title. When he arrived to the WWE, they flushed his career down the toilet. He never overcame that abomination since.