ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Sabu.....good for wrestling?.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2004, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Sabu.....good for wrestling?.....

Sabu, the genicidal, homicidal, suicidal maniac.....was/is he good for wrestling?.....

his over the top style, willing to put his body totally on the line.....but has he inspired things that prowrestling should never have had?.....

the WWE is going away from a lot of the things that made Sabu infamous.....and a lot of the other feds are as well.....

so, has he been good?.....or bad for wrestling as a whole.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2004, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I don't really see the question here. Sabu is a ariel wrestler who at one time was very good at what he did. They thing that made Sabu different was he added ariel wrestling in with brawling, and for that he was dubbed 'cidal'. I still see people take simular risk like Suba in indy's but WWE has never had that type of wrestling to be 'going away' from. One reason is that they were never there. Sabu is good for indy's and promotions like ECW/XPW because he gave the fans who enjoyed real hardkore wrestling what they wanted to see. However Sabu hasn't been so hot as of late. But its like if you took Onita and gave him an ariel assult, that is what Sabu is and different styles of wrestling are what attract different types of fans. He is good for wrestling. What is bad is the wrestler who can't wrestle but are popular because of their catch phrases and mic work. Being they can't wrestle a good match over 5 minutes if their life depended on it......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2004, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

The majority of wrestling fans are marks. Face it. The companies have to impress them 1st and foremost. Sabu did that for his company or companies if he did good work outside of ECW. The fact that he impressed smarks should cement him as a good thing.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2004, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dre

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

What he does show is that sometimes Mic work isn't always needed to be over with the crowd. Being in all the years that I have seen Sabu I don't think once I have seen him speek. That has to say a boat load of things about his legacy. Recently he hasn't been so hot though, blowing a lot of his spots, but now he is on TNA, I think he will fair well in matches against Kid Kash, Red, and a lot of the guys in the X-Division. I also wouldn't mind seeing him against Jarrett and a very hardkore battle.....

Old 30 Mar 2004, 04:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

*Sly wonders how he can answer the question*
If you like hardcore wrestling then yes Sabu is good for those hadcore wrestling fans who tend to only watch hardcore indy wrestling. But Sabu in a wrestling organisation that only focuses on wrestling and not hardcore wrestling would mean Sabu would be bad for that certain company as his in ring abilities are not what you would call above average, he won't be able to compete against your Benoits, Angles, Triple H, Eddies, HBK's etc as those wrestlers know purel wrestling, nothing crazy, no barbwire, no crashing through tables just pure mat base, submission all round wrestlers.
*Sly reads his post, if think thats alright answer*

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2004, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, maybe I should have clarified a little more.....to me, Sabu is nothing but a spot machine.....and he has been for a long time now.....and he is the one that brought a lot of that about.....imo....but it doesn't necessarily have to be all about Sabu....

if Sabu were to have ever come to the WWE, we would talk about him the same way that we talk about RVD.....a spot machine extraordinaire.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2004, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

I Think A More Relevant Question (Although Props To Keepin' The Forum Pumpin' While I've Been Gone OEO) Is Was The Style Sabu Came From More Or Less Beneficial Or Detramental To Wrestling...

This Product I Speak Of Is More Or Less Known As Hardcore Or Extreme Wrestling... The Era Or Style That Is The Underground Of Wrestling...I Don't Even Know If It Can Be Considered Wrestling...But What Most ECW/Hardcore Marks Consider To Be The Holy Grail Of Wrestling...

Because Sabu Is One Of Many, Sandman, Dreamer, Raven, Awesome...Who Made Their Mark With Hardcore Wrestling, And A Pinch Of Technical Wrestling...It Was The Style That In Some People's Eyes...Was The Building Block For The Attitude Era Of Wrestling In The 90's And In Another Sense, What Has Made Technical Wrestling Shunned Upon By Some...

So If You Feel Hardcore Wrestling Set Wrestling Overall Back, Or It Helped Wrestling Become More Mainstream Because Of Its "Reality" Based Style, Its Merely Opinion...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2004, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre

Oeo, i think that if Sabu was in WWE today he would fall under the same curse RVD has to people who have watched him his entire career. That being a limited moveset that more or less has the same order every match. Which is mainly the reason that I am turned off of Van Dam now, but if he where allowed to use everything in an open setting where rules really didn't apply then there wouldn't need to be so many obvious spots that more so over hurt the credibility of the match inside of the ring.

Slash nice phrasing, and I do think that Sabu has done more good for his genre and style of wrestling then he has done bad for it. If you like that type of action then you will surley enjoy any of his old matches. Starting with he v. Van Dam in a strecther match, simply a nice classic dsiplay of Sabu.

That was the beuty in ECW they wanted violence out of the ass, and they wanted that typr of wrestling, but then when someone like Douglas and Tazz would wrestle a 5 star technical triditional match they would give the respect diserved, I've seen nothing but standing applauses from Eddy and Malenko from there stint in ECW as well as anyone else who was a technician, it truly was a promotion where all styles were respected.