ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Can Booker T turn it around?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2004, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Can Booker T turn it around?

For the last year Booker T has showned that he isn't the man that I once respected inside of the ring. He had become repetitive and lacking certain traits to be entertaining inside of the ring. For one his ability to consistantly preform has greatly lacked in certain area's. Sometimes his match's looked forced and awkward, and other times the selling and storytelling aren't up to par.

Tonite on SD we see Booker start to turn a heel, and attitude that Outside of the ring I like. A new start for the Booker man it looks like as he will be debuting on SD as a heel inside of the ring and for the WWE title.

There was a time when me and RockPWF would battle back and forth about Booker T. He would say Booker sucks and that he isn't worth the time of day. I would come back and defend him saying that Booker T is one of the most talented and athletic men that WWE accuired during the buyout. Giving Rock examples of just how versed Booker was, was my only way to defend him. I said that the man works the can brawl, he can power wrestle, he isn't the best at technical but still could look good in the ring with technicians. I said one of the things that seperates Booker from the rest of big men is his uncanny ability to be able to become an ariel wrestler out of no where. Using Missle Dropkicks, top Rope Frankienstieners, and the o-so-famous Harlem Hangover, is something that men his size rearly do. Then I would explain his martial arts combat makes him one of a kind. RockyPWF, saw a match one night with Booker and admitted that when used correctly he was wrong about Booker, that he didn't know he could do the things that he did.

Recently these things I have not been able to defend Booker on. One reason is because he doesn't use the very things I have defended him on. His repertoire has become nothing but punch and kick and high kick. This is obviously something that I can't defend. He has lost the very thing I liked about him. His ability to wrestle on so many levels. No Frankienstiens, no Missle dropkicks, no flashy finisher that truly makes an impact.....

My question is does Booker still have what it takes to still be the man he once was. As a heel I certainly hope that this also brings him back into a system of excellence, but I wonder if that is possiable at this day and time. Will Booker be able to regain the very thing that he has lost; his versatility, the very thing that made me a fan of him in the first place. Or will this be simply an extension of Raw, with poor preformences and the repetitive move-structure that has driven me away from wanting to see his matches?

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2004, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Booker T was IMO, one of the better talents in the business at one time. While he was never the best, he could make people look good and look good himself. I feel that now, he is long past his prime. He is becoming more and more repetitive and sloppy. He reminds me of Scott Steiner. He will never return to being a good wrestler again.

Being a heel will help cover up his flaws a bit, but I feel that it will be little help.

I was never a big fan of Booker, but he has gotten unbearable to watch lately IMO. Slop. Fest.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2004, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

To me it feels like the moment he stepped into the WWE hes gone down hill, it seems like leaving the WCW has taken the heart outta him from when in the ring and losing to Triple H at Wrestlemania and then jobbing left, right and center never made things better. Yes i think he can turn around, a little bit of me is still a Booker T fan, but before he can even start becoming what he once was he'll need to get that heart back into wrestling, he'll need to show as much passion as he showed in WCW and once hes done that, wow, we could be looking at a very good Smackdown roster especially without no Rock and Brock leaving.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2004, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

His match Thursday with Holly Really impressed me..I think Booker had been becoming very boring..He was going nowhere..Just floating around the Mid-Card,before his tag-team with RVD came up..That was short lived..But on SD,I think he's making a good start..He's got a Fresh Heel turn..and is now a main-eventer on SD,Which really seems to have brought out more enthusiasm in him,and you can tell when he wrestles on SD..
Old 12 Apr 2004, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

Booker T :

snice his come back "from a back injury", he was not the same. he was slow.

but I have to say, on RAW 3/22/04 (Draft Lottery Night) the World Tag Team Championship match :

Booker T & RVD vs. Ric Flair & Batista

Booker T was better than ever was "snice his come back" if you have a tape of the match go watch it and see for your self.

then on SmackDown 3/25/04 the WWE Championship match :

Eddie Guerrero vs. Booker T

again this match showed that Booker T still has it.

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 12 Apr 2004 at 12:34 PM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2004, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I think most WCW Wrestlers have lost their spirit right after Vince bought the company. Booker is one of them and he needs something to spark his interest and enthusiasm. He has improved a bit but now he needs something else to kick it up a notch.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2004, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I think that Bokker was abetter heel than a face but turning him heel is just a sign of desperation. The WWE doesn't know what to do with him so they are going to use the ole switch to see if the crowd will react.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2004, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Booker T was, at one point, all of those things Dre and more.....he was, with his brother, a very solid tag teamer and a solid performer.....like you said, never a great technical guy, but capable because of his storytelling.....

the back injury has taken away some of his movement, and age has also taken a toll.....but it's been more than that.....it's been the gimmicks with Goldust.....the five time WCW champion that was on top in the WCW being forced to fall into the middle of the pack.....one shot against HHH and he was made to do the job when clearly the crowd wanted him to win.....I think, and I certainly don't know him, but I think he lost his passion.....he began just drawing a paycheck.....and that began to show.....

recently, with the teaming of RVD.....he got to win at WM, a stated lifelong goal.....he got to come back away from the pack a bit.....no more gimmicky crap.....no more everything ends with a spinaroonie.....there's a bit of spark back in Booker T's eyes....and it is beginning to show.....

on SD, Booker T will (and should) be more like he was in WCW.....at the top of the pack.....he'll wrestle more main eventers.....he gets to be a singles performer once again.....and that is what Booker needs.....

you won't see the Frankensteiner's anymore, he's just not capable of them.....but you'll see the man who was the five time WCW champion.....and, while that's not the best Booker T.....it's better than a lot of the other guys that are out there.....

yes, Booker will be back.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote