ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Here's one for you long-time wrestling fans...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2004, 04:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.
Default Here's one for you long-time wrestling fans...

Since I'm a fairly new wrestling fan, could you do me a favour...

Cast your mind back to the debut of the Undertaker. How did his deadman gimmick come about? Did WWE just say, "Here's a monster, squash everyone at once... and by the way, he's a zombie."?

help...
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

Undertaker debuted at Survivor Series 91 I believe. It was the same one as the hatching of the Gobbely Gooker if that helps. Brother Love brought him in I believe for some odd reason, he just showed up on the bad guys team in a survivor series match. He was just some big monster basically.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

yeah, I don't recall there being any big hype about him coming or anything, he just appeared.....Brother Love may have been involved with a little promoting beforehand, but he first arrived with Paul Bearer......I think.....

I'll do a little research to help my memory and get back with you.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

he appeared as a mystery partner with Dibiase at Survivor Series, '90, as the Undertaker......before that he was in the WCW as Mean Mark Callous, and before that he started in the USWA with Jerry Lawler....

in the WWF, he originally was more of a cowboy type that evolved into the dead man with Paul Bearer.....the "Tombstone" was based more on the cowboy stigma than the Dead Man.....

I'll get back with more if I have time.....I can give you a couple of good links if you want to research him a bit.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 01:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

I remember it like it was last night :

1990 Survivor Series, Ted Dibiase's team was missing 1 member a "Mystery Partner". The Undertaker was that "Mystery Partner". he showed no Emotions, he felt no Pain, he had no Facial Expressions, he was Literally a "Dead Man" walking.

the next few months he Squashed a lot of nameless jobbers.

to me he was something out of a Horrer Movie.

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 18 Mar 2004 at 01:46 PM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

Brother Love saw Taker wrestle thought he had something special,they became friends he got him in to see Vince and the reat is history.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Benoit Mark

RuMan is on a distinguished road

And when he first became the Undertaker character his was called Kane, The Undertaker, which I believe he wore that phantom of the opera type mask

here is part of an article I found at 3strandwrestling

At first, the WWE had no room for another wrestler, but assured Calloway they would call him if they could find a spot for him. Vince McMahon personally pitched the idea to Calloway of him becoming The Undertaker. The character was originally supposed to be an old-time Western style Undertaker, with the long black coat and the rimmed hat. Calloway accepted and made his WWE debut at The Survivor Series in 1990. He was billed as Kane The Undertaker but dropped the first part of the name almost immediately. Brother Love was his original manager, but he was soon replaced by Paul Bearer. Bearer's character was that he owned a funeral parlour and carried an urn around that contained special powers

Last edited by RuMan; 18 Mar 2004 at 06:55 PM.
RuMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuMan
And when he first became the Undertaker character his was called Kane, The Undertaker, which I believe he wore that phantom of the opera type mask
What in the blue hell are you talking about? He first became the Undertaker character at Survivor Series and had no mask. He wore a Phantom of the Opera mask after Yokozuna and King Mabel legdropped his face and destroyed it, in like, 95 or 96.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Benoit Mark

RuMan is on a distinguished road

Sorry, got the mask time period wrong due, you need to relax a little, and yes that is when he became taker, your right, but he was called Kane the Undertaker, if you check my last post you will see the article I added
RuMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I don't remember half the stuff you people say. Kane and the whole cowboy thing.

What i do remember is that there was talk about Taker, because I remember hearing about him coming to the WWE. Hell he was in Hogans movie Suburban Commando, before he appeared on the scean. Which is when I first took notice of him coming to the WWE.

Everything else I guess you would have to listen to what others have already said, because I sure as hell don't remember shit about him, if what people are saying are true.

But what I will say is, if you want to see Taker's weekness exposed, I ask you to watch some old USWA match's when Taker was Master of Pain. You will never see a worse wrestling then from he and Lawler in USWA. I'm talking horrid match's

Excuse me

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuMan
Sorry, got the mask time period wrong due, you need to relax a little, and yes that is when he became taker, your right, but he was called Kane the Undertaker, if you check my last post you will see the article I added
Oops, sorry for coming off that way.

Know what I always found odd? Undertaker was just another monster, like Giant Gonzales or (insert random monster wrestler here) but for some reason, he caught on, and not only that, became a TOP NAME through his dedication during the Monday Night Wars. I never understood that, I mean I always thought the dead man was the coolest thing... ever. But why him and none of the other monsters? The other ones were seemingly flavors of the week, from Zeus to, hell, name any of em.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 04:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

to add to what dre said ..... in uswa calloway was also a masked wrestler named the punisher , or something like that , i saw a match he had with mick foley from that period .. and it made me wonder how the hell those two ever got popular .... cuz the match was by far the worst ive ever seen

syco13
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote