ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Brock/Goldberg.....bring it.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2004, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Brock/Goldberg.....bring it.....

okay, I finally got to watch it last night and I'm going to give my opinion.....

the accounts that I read by the folks who don't like Goldberg were typical of how people talk about him, and people have been tearing apart Brock since he decided to leave.....but this match was not that bad, and I'm about to tell you why.....

the opening segment was unbelievably intense, and the fact that all three of these wrestlers were in the same ring was astounding.....as Brock, Goldberg and Austin stared each other down, the crowd grew to a frenzy with the "you sold out" chants.....NEWSFLASH!.....that's called ring psychology, making the fans do what you want them to.....two behemoths, two monster like figures pacing around and telling a story.....telling a story that the crowd wanted to eat up.....make no mistake about it, the crowd wanted one man to tear the other man apart.....they smelled blood in the water and they wanted the kill.....

now, we all knew, and the crowd knew that this wasn't going to be a technical wrestling match.....guess what?.....nobody wanted a technical matchup.....they wanted to see a test of strength between two immovable forces.....so these two men locked up in the middle of the ring......again, ring psychology......

testing each other out, this was more like a boxing match than a wrestling match.....feeling what the other would do, never having been in the ring before......Brock, still somewhat a green wrestler at taking the lead role (I can tear Brock apart here, and I will if need be......think back upon his really good matches and tell me who he faced.....really good wrestlers) and Goldberg (unfortunately, as much as I like him, Goldberg will never be a ring general) these two would then use strictly power moves.....

a few headlocks, a few clotheslines.....again, power moves between ustoppable forces.....behemoths, trying to show their physical dominance......

the crowd stayed involved, and now began to turn on Goldberg.....hey, guess what?.....they were supposed to turn on Goldberg.....this was RAW vs SMACKDOWN, and the crowd reflected that the entire evening.....the winner of this entire ordeal was supposed to be Stone Cold Steve Austin, and he would be that in the end.....

so, the crowd was into this match the entire time.....they weren't sitting on their hands, they weren't wondering why the Deadman appeared as Wyatt Earp.....they were chanting, they were booing, they were cheering.....they were anticipating one of these behemoths winning and then Austin coming out on top.....

about three quarters of the way through the match, Bill Goldberg pulled a move off that few people could do.....and the Goldberg haters probably can't look past their dislike to realize it.....but that press into a semi-spear slam was an unbelievable move, and the crowd appreciated it.....missed finishers by both men, power moves by both men.....

Lesnar hit his finisher and Goldberg kicked out.....Goldberg hit his and Brock didn't.....the crowd wanted to see Austin whip out a couple of stunners and he did.....they didn't really pop for Goldberg's win for two reasons......

reason #1.....they wanted Austin to be the real winner, and he was.....
reason #2.....they were in disbelief that the person they had backed for two solid years, the person that the WWE had brought in to be Bill Goldberg before Goldberg would sign, the monster that was Brock Lesnar was quitting.....and they felt ripped off because of that....

now, I've said before that I love the ring psychology part of wrestling.....well, this match had it.....I enjoy watching the bigger guys wrestle, and this match had that as well.....

will this match ever be considered a great match?.....no, and it shouldn't ever be.....however, this match did what it was supposed to do for the fans......Lesnar is finished, Goldberg did him in......Austin got to do what WWF fans wanted and WCW fans didn't.....he stunned Goldberg at Wrestlemania.....

put it all together and you have darned good entertainment......and that's what Wrestlemania is all about......

so, if you wish to reply.....bring it.....maybe I should've put this in my forum, but I wanted people to read it.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.

Last edited by Oeo; 17 Mar 2004 at 12:09 PM.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Quote:
the opening segment was unbelievably intense, and the fact that all three of these wrestlers were in the same ring was astounding.....as Brock, Goldberg and Austin stared each other down, the crowd grew to a frenzy with the "you sold out" chants.....NEWSFLASH!.....that's called ring psychology, making the fans do what you want them to.....two behemoths, two monster like figures pacing around and telling a story.....telling a story that the crowd wanted to eat up.....make no mistake about it, the crowd wanted one man to tear the other man apart.....they smelled blood in the water and they wanted the kill.....
Watch Hogan/Andre, Bret/Austin, Rock/Hogan, Rock/Austin. That's Ring Psychology, What They Did Was Blatant Stalling, Sure, Everyone Loves The Staredown, The Cricle Around The Ring After The Bell. But This Wasn't Ring Physchology, This Was, "O Shit, Both Of Our Asses Are On The Way Out And The Crowd Hates Both Of Us, What Do We Do?"

LOL For Fucks Sake, They Were Chantin' "Boring", What Wrestlemania Match Have You Ever Seen The Crowd Chant "Boring" To...I Didn't Know Ring Pyshcology Would Get You That Over With The Crowd

Quote:
now, we all knew, and the crowd knew that this wasn't going to be a technical wrestling match.....guess what?.....nobody wanted a technical matchup.....they wanted to see a test of strength between two immovable forces.....so these two men locked up in the middle of the ring......again, ring psychology......

testing each other out, this was more like a boxing match than a wrestling match.....feeling what the other would do, never having been in the ring before......Brock, still somewhat a green wrestler at taking the lead role (I can tear Brock apart here, and I will if need be......think back upon his really good matches and tell me who he faced.....really good wrestlers) and Goldberg (unfortunately, as much as I like him, Goldberg will never be a ring general) these two would then use strictly power moves.....

a few headlocks, a few clotheslines.....again, power moves between ustoppable forces.....behemoths, trying to show their physical dominance......
This Was The Same Thing People Said With Hogan/Warrior...Except, Hogan/Warrior Had Pace To It, It Had A Story...This Match Had No Such Story, A Blatant Stall At The Beginning, A Weak Lock Up That Dragged On To Long...Power Move By Berg, Submission Hold By Lesnar, Wham Bham Spear, Jackhammer...It's Over

Quote:
about three quarters of the way through the match, Bill Goldberg pulled a move off that few people could do.....and the Goldberg haters probably can't look past their dislike to realize it.....but that press into a semi-spear slam was an unbelievable move, and the crowd appreciated it.....missed finishers by both men, power moves by both men.....

Lesnar hit his finisher and Goldberg kicked out.....Goldberg hit his and Brock didn't.....the crowd wanted to see Austin whip out a couple of stunners and he did.....they didn't really pop for Goldberg's win for two reasons......

reason #1.....they wanted Austin to be the real winner, and he was.....
reason #2.....they were in disbelief that the person they had backed for two solid years, the person that the WWE had brought in to be Bill Goldberg before Goldberg would sign, the monster that was Brock Lesnar was quitting.....and they felt ripped off because of that....
The Military Press Into The Spear Was Impressive, Though He Obviously Fucked Up The Spear Portion Of The Move So It Came Off Lookin' A Little Weird On TV, But I'll Give Him His Props. He's Been In The Company For A Year, Bout Time He Showed Me Somethin' New...I Agree With You On Everything Else

Quote:
now, I've said before that I love the ring psychology part of wrestling.....well, this match had it.....I enjoy watching the bigger guys wrestle, and this match had that as well.....

will this match ever be considered a great match?.....no, and it shouldn't ever be.....however, this match did what it was supposed to do for the fans......Lesnar is finished, Goldberg did him in......Austin got to do what WWF fans wanted and WCW fans didn't.....he stunned Goldberg at Wrestlemania.....

put it all together and you have darned good entertainment......and that's what Wrestlemania is all about......

so, if you wish to reply.....bring it.....maybe I should've put this in my forum, but I wanted people to read it.....
Can't Really Disagree With You There. I Think Though You Give Them Too Much Credit Though. I Mean To See They Were Two Fuck Ups In The Ring That Crowd Wanted Nothin' Off Was Pretty Obvious. They Fuckin' Started To Chant "Hogan!" And He Wasn't Even There, And To See The Crowd Eat Up The Stunners Showed Even More Their Dislike For The Match And The Wrestlers...

This Was A Monumental Moment, As Far As Wrestlemania Goes, In A Bad Way...This Match Gave Me Somethin' I Had Never Seen Before, It Really Did. And For That I Must Give Brock And Bill Some Credit....

Side Note: Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I like your response, and I'm gonna reply.....but I'm gonna wait and see what others have to say first.....bear with me.....

Old 17 Mar 2004, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game "aka Slash"

The Military Press Into The Spear Was Impressive, Though He Obviously Fucked Up The Spear Portion Of The Move So It Came Off Lookin' A Little Weird On TV, But I'll Give Him His Props. He's Been In The Company For A Year, Bout Time He Showed Me Somethin' New...
Slash,

Goldberg did that "Military Press Into The Spear" to Randy Orton at Summer Slam 2003 PPV "The Elimination Chamber match".

to me the match was a dream come true, yes it was Goldberg, Austin & Lesnar in the ring at the same time, that was something on its own.

then the match itself, will to all the "Smart Fans" out there, NOT every match has to be a "Great Technichal Wrestling Match". this was All about Power Moves.

Side Note : The "Hogan" Chants took place because of a Hulk Hogan "look-a-like"

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 17 Mar 2004 at 01:11 PM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Well Then, That Wasn't Impressive At All If He Fucked It Up The Second Time He Tried It, Tsk Tsk Goldberg, No Matter How Hard You Try, You Can't Do Anything Right

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Actually, I thought the slam/spear thing was fairly cool, and I'm pretty sure I said something about it in my wm write up.

Anyways, oeo, I think your a little overboard on this match. You are right, the ppl wanted power moves and stuff like that, not serious wrestling, but taking turns doing sholder blocks isn't anything. It's just, well, boring. Slash is dead on with the circling the ring thing. It's been done before and it's been pulled off very well before. The fans go apeshit for it, when they belive in it. Brock and Berg just looked awful. A couple lock ups and the fans were begging for something to happen. They were prolly hoping Austin would just kick both their asses and get it over with, I know I was. They weren't working the crowd, the crowd was working them. The crowd was working them so hard JR had to try and cover for it. His comments about the "rumors" about Lesnar were so unprepared for and then his line something like "well the fans just love smackdown so they're booing Berg." Please. Those fans all knew what was up and they were not interested in seeing anything but SC send em packing. And he did. And he deserved to. That match was just bloody awful.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 02:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Too many Brock/Goldberg threads
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 04:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
they weren't wondering why the Deadman appeared as Wyatt Earp

The Taker match was a couple matches after this one. The crowd wouldn't be thinking about why Taker wore a pilgrim hat.

Anyway, the match served it's purpose of entertaining the crowd, which you said and I agree with. However, if the fans are chanting "boring" with two powerhouses in the ring, it has to be a very shitty match.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
Actually, I thought the slam/spear thing was fairly cool, and I'm pretty sure I said something about it in my wm write up.
yes, you did as a matter of fact.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT
The Taker match was a couple matches after this one. The crowd wouldn't be thinking about why Taker wore a pilgrim hat.
no, but when he took his hat and coat off it seemed like a little of the air went out of the crowd.....that was what I was referring to.....sorry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles
Too many Brock/Goldberg threads
I had to get this one off my chest.....sue me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash
Watch Hogan/Andre, Bret/Austin, Rock/Hogan, Rock/Austin. That's Ring Psychology, What They Did Was Blatant Stalling, Sure, Everyone Loves The Staredown, The Cricle Around The Ring After The Bell. But This Wasn't Ring Physchology, This Was, "O Shit, Both Of Our Asses Are On The Way Out And The Crowd Hates Both Of Us, What Do We Do?"
Brock seemed like his heart wasn't in it, Goldberg appeared to be having a little fun.....I don't believe it was stalling at all......like I said earlier, it was as though they were sizing each other up.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash
This Was The Same Thing People Said With Hogan/Warrior...Except, Hogan/Warrior Had Pace To It, It Had A Story...This Match Had No Such Story, A Blatant Stall At The Beginning, A Weak Lock Up That Dragged On To Long...Power Move By Berg, Submission Hold By Lesnar, Wham Bham Spear, Jackhammer...It's Over
Goldberg's best matches, the ones that the crowd get behind him the most in, are when he does several power moves successively and the finisher in a hurry......Brock, as I said earlier, has never had a great match unless he was against a great wrestler.....as a wrestler, he's been pretty much a farce all along.....heck, Brock vs Holly at the Rumble lasted less than six minutes......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
oeo, I think your a little overboard on this match.
maybe.....

I think, in the end, that Brock quitting had a lot to do with everyone's disappointment in the match.....whether he even wanted to do it or not was evident in the fact that he was pretty lifeless.....

what burns me though, is the fact that people still want to look at Goldberg and complain that he isn't great technically.....or that Brock was so great.....or whatever.....

fellas, I've never ordered a ppv before, and this was supposed to be the first one I ever got......due to circumstances beyond my control, it didn't work out and I had to watch it after two days.....but the entire reason I had decided to get it was because I wanted to see this matchup.....I wanted to see if Brock was so much better, as many people stated.....

I haven't marked out about Goldberg in a long time.....but this wasn't entirely his fault.....the match had the makings, and deep down you all know it.....the one who was supposed to make it quit.....

maybe I'm just expressing my frustration over Brock, I'm not sure.....somebody move this to the RB, or put it in Smarks please.....I'll handle it from there.....