ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What should determine whether you become World Champ or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2004, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default What should determine whether you become World Champ or not?

is it how over you are with the crowd?

is it years of loyalty to the business?

is it your wrestling ability......mic ability?

is it politics?

giveth.....I'll rebut.....

sidenote: sorry about turning Smarks so far towards the WWE, but we don't have that many people who are into or are able to be into Puro and Indy, and I'm trying to increase traffic.....

post away.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2004, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

Well I think to be champ you have to be a great wrestler. You have to be many things to be a champ like good on the mic, good with the crowd and a favourite backstage. In the WWE you would usually need to be big to be champion. I don't know why but to Vince size matters. Now on Raw we have a smaller wrestler as Champ..Benoit. I think he became champ by being loyol to this buisness and working as hard as he could whenever he was on TV. To some superstars like Triple H would have no problem being champ because of steph but if you were Benoit or Eddie you would need to work your ass off to show Vince that you can compete at that level. It's also easy for some wrestlers to be champs because they are friends with Vince or they have just known him for a while and made friends with him. But if WWE was like TNA our champ would be HBK because all you would half to do is work VERY hard and not complain with anything.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2004, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Well, In A Sense It Is Our "Preferences" As To What We Would Like A World Champion To Be...Some Would Like A Technically Gifted Wrestler Like Chris Benoit As Champion, Some Would Like A Mic Worthy Champion Like HHH, And Some Would Like A Charismatic Champion Like Shawn Michaels...Since We Can Only Speculate Which Would Be The Best, Let's Look At Past Champions To See What Was The Case

Hulk Hogan - Perhaps The Most Recognizable Wrestler Of All-Time. One Of The WWE's Greatest Champions. He Was Wrestling Inferior Though, Probably Didn't Know A Drop Kick From A Reverse Chin Lock. He Was Charasmatic As All Hell, And Was Captivating On The Mic, No Matter How Over The Top

Randy Savage - His Run As World Champ On Both Occasions Was Never Really Fully Appreciated As He Was Squashed In Between Two Great Wrestlemanias And Still Playin' Second Fiddle To Hogan. His Wrestling Was Superior In Every Category Compared To Hogan, He Was Able To Keep His Own On The Mic, But Was Nowhere Near As Charasmatic As Hogan (Although Much Much More Believable Then Hogan Ever Was) Yet Savage Never Gets The Credit As Much As Hogan Does.

Ultimate Warrior - A Total And Utter Fuck Up. Couldn't Wrestle Worth Shit. Promos Made More Sense As As A Kid Listenin' To Them Then They Do Now. Was Charasmatic But A Complete And Utter Fuck Nut. Jesus, I'm Just Gon' Move On

Ric Flair - This Guy Had It All, Nuff Fuckin' Said

Bret Hart - Perhaps The Greatest Wrestling Champion Of All-Time, And Fuck Yes I'm Biased. He Was The Fighting Champion The WWF Never Had Until He Became Champ. He Brought Respect Back To The Championship After The Steroid Scandal And Was Still Over Even After Vince Still Tried To Push Luger. He Wrestled Against Every One From Clowns To Dentists Was Still Over. Years Later His Promo Skills Were Up To Par With The Rest And He Ended Up Becomin' One Of The Top 5 Heels And Faces Of All Time...Bret's A Rare Case

Yokozuna - Big Fuckin' Heel Champion, Couldn't Promo, Couldn't Wrestle. His Dominance And Size More Or Less Adds To Charisma In Some Weird Way. More Of A Transitional Champion

Shawn Michaels - The Most Charasmatic Champion Ever. Shawn Brought A Swagger To The Championship Belt Bret Did Not, Where As Bret Was A Great Wrestler, Shawn Was Entertaining. As Seen At Mania' XII, When You Combine Those Two Things, It Adds For A Great Match. Great On The Mic, Charasmatic In The Ring, Work Rate Was Down As He Began To Take Bumps Left And Over To Show For His Lack Of Wrestling Ability. Great Champion Much Like Bret, But On A Total Different Spectrum

Undertaker - Probably One Of The Only Decent Big Men Champions. His Charisma Of Bein' The Dead Man Really Helped Him Become Over. Whether His Title Reign Was A Success, I'm Not Sure, The Fans Loved Him

Diesel/Sid - Transitional Champs When Vince Was Still Tryin' To Push Big Men When Bret/Shawn/Austin Were Fuckin' The Backbone Behind The Company. Garbage, Utter Garbage.

Steve Austin - This Man, What Can I Really Say. Before He Became Champ, He Was A Great Wrestler With Great In Ring Psychology. The Neck Injury Definitely Changed His Wrestling Style, But The Time Off Made Him More Popular With The Fans Than When He Was Wrestling. Perhaps The Greatest WWE Champion Of All Time. He Was Great On The Mic And his Charisma In The Ring Skyrocketed The WWE Into New Heights

The Rock - Man, To Say He Was A Success As WWE Champ Is An Understatement, He's Much Like Austin In Every Aspect But Rock Always Had This "Bright Lights" Thing About Him Where Austin Was More Bare Bones. You Can Tell That By Just Watchin' How Their Matches Unfold, Rock Was Always "Operatic"

HHH - Well Well, I Could Write A Book About This Guy. Complete And Utter Transformation. Uttlery Charasmatic To Some Durin' The Attitude Era, But His Wrestling Skills Were Still Raw. Soon, When He Became "The Game" And Transcended The D-X Image, He Changed His Focus To Becomin' A Master Of The Ring And A Great Mic Worker, Although Toning Down His Charisma. Dependin' Mostly If You Were A Fan Of His Or Not.

I Know Where You Are Goin' With This. A) Does Benoit Deserve To Become Champ And B) Will He Succeed...Well History Has Shown, No Matter If You DESERVE To Win Or Not, Many STILL Become Champ, And Others Dont....But Benoit Is Champ, You Can't Change That.

Will Benoit As He Is Now, Be Able To Become A Successful WWE Champ. That Is The True Question, Well I've Shown History Isn't On His Side. But It's All About Perception. Shawn And Bret Were Over Champs With Their Inring Ability Alone, As Is Chris. But We Seem To Judge Success By Ratings, So In That Case, Michaels, Bret And Undertaker Were Not Successful Champs, As Their Title Reigns Were In Effect When WCW Was Whoopin' WWF's Ass...If That Is The Case, Hogan/Rock/Austin Were The Only Succssful Champs Ever.

HHH Was A Successful Champ In My Eyes. Were The Ratings Boomin', No...But He Put Credibility On That Title Much Like Bret And Shawn Did. Like I Said, It's All About Perception, Some Will See His Reign As a Flop, Others Will See It As A Success.

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2004, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash
I Know Where You Are Goin' With This. A) Does Benoit Deserve To Become Champ And B) Will He Succeed...Well History Has Shown, No Matter If You DESERVE To Win Or Not, Many STILL Become Champ, And Others Dont....But Benoit Is Champ, You Can't Change That.
heh.....I'm not trying to build a case that Benoit shouldn't be champ.....at least not yet.....in Benoit's case, I've just been wanting to know what makes him champ worthy.....but this wasn't actually intended to be about Benoit as much as it was to find out who else should be.....Benoit has put in the time, he has a passion for the sport and he is a very good technical wrestler...... I just want to know what people think makes you worthy of being a champion, and then I will decide whether or not to build a case against Benoit.....regardless, I'm neither for or against him yet.....

Will he succeed?.....as you put it, only time will tell.....

I don't believe that ratings are what makes a successful champion, but that's another thread......I just want to know what qualifies you for the possibility of becoming a champion.....

as usual, excellent post Slash.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote