ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Chris the Mighty Benoit.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Mar 2004, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Chris the Mighty Benoit.....

well, he's finally the champion......I thought, mind you that's complicated for me to do, that we'd have a nice little tea party about the gap toothed midget who is now the World Heavyweight champion.....

here's some of the problems I have with Benoit being the champ.....

he has no charisma.....none whatsoever.....

he (go ahead and blast away, I have yet to see the WM match) hasn't looked good against very many people he's wrestled against since coming to Raw.....making me think that he's better off wrestling against cruiserweight type wrestlers from SD......

are we now supposed to believe that Benoit is a super destroyer in the ring?.....he made the great HHH tap out, so surely he can't be beaten by anyone else......

you guys may like it, but I think it would have been better for him to pin HHH than make him tap out.....

so, let's discuss, shall we?

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I will get to this, I promise. But he did look good in the match at WM, and he took a pretty sick bump through the table.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Don't Watch The Match, Just Watch The Crowd Reaction. Benoit Was OVER With All Of MSG. He Had A Very Lukewarm Reception Coming Down During His Entrance, But Not Even Half Way Through That Match, You Knew Exactly Who The Crowd Wanted To Win.

Greatest Triple Threat Match Ever. Benoit, HHH And HBK Put On A Great Performance... It Wasn't Technically Sound, It Was Massively Appealing, Entertaining, Gut Wrenching Drama That Kept The Viewer Hooked And The MSG Crowd Hot. Benoit Delivered, HBK Delivered, HHH Delivered....

Perhaps The Most Entertaining Wrestlemania Main Event Ever!!!!

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 09:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Benoit does have charisma. Yeah, it isn't the charisma of an Angle, a Guerrero, a Rock or an Austin, but he does have it. His charisma is his intensity. His charisma is his no nonsense get to the point and do it his way. His promos aren't supposed to be funny. That isn't his character. He's a rabid wolverine, what is he supposed to do, tell jokes and make the crowd the laugh? That would take away from everything he has ever been.

He isn't supposed to be a super destroyer. He's just meant to look superior to all the other people HHH has beaten, and he is superior to all of them. His crippler is supposed to be one of the most dangerous moves in the WWE. They built it that way and he delivered with it. They built it to where he can lock it in from anywhere, he reversed the pedigree into it, which was fuckin amazing. HHH tried to roll out of it, and it only fucked him over more by putting him in the center of the ring. HHH had never faced that move, so who is to say that he should or shouldn't have tapped out to it? A pin be Benoit wouldn't have been as dramatic as HHH tapping out. He was so close so many times, the crowd was eating it up and going nuts for him to tap. The drama was just simply amazing.

Benoit IS a deserving champion.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2004, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I wasn't meaning he isn't a deserving champion....but in recent weeks he has been made out to be someone who squashes his opponent (Matt Hardy, Mark Henry) and is unstoppable against the greats of the business (Flair, HHH) by making them tap out.....but his persona doesn't fit that style.....

with the exception of the flying headbutt, he wrestles a lot like Bret....technically very sound, etc.....and he has a finisher that is used to make people submit.....I'm fine with that.....except, in someone like Bret's case, he used the submission finisher after working over that particular area during the match.....Benoit's submission move is applied with no prior psychology at all.....he may be getting destroyed in the matchup (Batista) only to suddenly get the Crippler Crossface applied.....bah!....

I'm gonna watch the WM tape this evening, so my outlook may change a bit.....and again, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be the champion.....he has put in his dues....however, if that's the criteria to being the champ, look for Spike Dudley to eventually wear the championship belt......

btw, excellent rebuttal Stick.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick
He's just meant to look superior to all the other people HHH has beaten
why is that, though.....he only has to beat HHH, not all of the other people HHH has beaten....

Last edited by Oeo; 16 Mar 2004 at 04:10 PM. Reason: I can't make up my mind.....Gouda or Colby?.....
Old 17 Mar 2004, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

well, I complained about him using that tactic for a while now. He gets beat on for 5 mins by someone, then they go for their finisher on him, and oops, now it's into the crossface. Ppl talk all the time about selling, and putting your opponent over, and telling a good story and all that smark shit, but in the end, none of that applies to Benoit. Ever.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

well, I have now seen the triple threat match, and I have to agree with everyone.....it was an excellent match.....however, this is what I see as the downfall of Benoit.....

IF he doesn't wrestle that caliber of a match everytime out, he will not be consistent with his persona.....he cannot simply destroy people, that doesn't fit a smaller man.....he cannot be destroyed and then lock in the crippler, as that doesn't give any credibility to either opponent.....

so, the only way that Benoit (in my opinion) will have a successful run as a champion is if he puts on a 15 minute + match everytime.....and his entire run will have to be solely based upon wrestling people in the ring.....

I'm not saying it won't work.....I hope it does.....and ratings don't make a bit of difference in whether I believe someone is a successful champion or not.....but give it a month of him wrestling jobbers and not being in a feud with HHH or HBK.....see the crowd reaction then.....I hope it works out.....

on that subject, who else is he gonna wrestle?

Old 18 Mar 2004, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

To Answer Your Last Question..I'm Not Sure Now That The Lottery Is Goin' To Occur And Vince Is Basically Hittin' The Reset Button...

I Think The Benoit/HBK/HHH Feud Will Play Out Until Backlash...Then There Can Be A Number Of Possibilities...Have Benoit Feud With A Heel Orton, Heel Christian, Throw In A Few Jobbers Like Everyones Fav. Champ At The Time Brock Had And Then Wait It Off Until A Time Where They Can Work An Eddie/Benoit Program...

Much Like The Megapowers Feud, This Storylines Seed Can Begin At Wrestlemania XX And End At Mania' XI, With A Sure Fire Main Event Match...

Then Again A Year Is A Long Time And Who Knows What Will Go Down, Hell Even In 6 Months...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote