ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Your Thoughts On Wrestlemania XX!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Mar 2004, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Your Thoughts On Wrestlemania XX!!!

Now That The Historic Event Has Occurred, Did It Live Up To All The Hype, Was It Truly The Grand Daddy Of Them All...Was It The Greatest Wrestlemania Ever!!!

Was The Undertaker's Return Brilliant Or A Sham, Did Trish's Heel Turn Into The Sleeper Of The Night, Was The Eddie/Angle Match One That Deserves To Be Mentioned With Steamboat/Savage, Shawn/Bret. Chris Benoit Finally Captured The World Heavyweight Title In A Tremendous Triple Threat Match! Was It Worth The Watch?!?!

Your Thoughts On What Has Been Wrestlemania XX!!!!

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2004, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Takers return was a sham, he just had different music and Percy Pringle accompanied him to ringside. Ray charles could have seen Trish's little Heel turn coming. Eddie Angle came damn clsoe to surpassing Steamboat Savage, and will now be mentioned in the same breath as that match, something which no other match can do. Benoit, damn, your sig says it all. the destiny was realized... Worth the watch?? 20/80 two good matches benoit v.angle/ triple threat. the rest sucked a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2004, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Well, I enjoyed it A LOT. Sure it had some bullshit, but overall I thought it was great in my opinion.

Cena vs Show was pretty good. I liked the ending with him hittin the FU, Show kickin out and then Cena grabbin the cahin, throwin it away and usin the knucks and another FU for the win.

The Raw Tag Title match was shit. The ending was such trash. Who cares about RVD and Booker T? They fuckin suck as a tag team Match coulda been so much better had someone else won.

Jericho and Christian was a pretty good match. Trish heel turn came like was anticipated. Wonder how long they will feud for now?

I'm glad Evolution went over Rock n Sock, with Orton getting the RKO and the pinfall over Foley. All the buildup of him being a Legend Killer and going after the Legendary Foley would have been for nothing had it not ended that way.

Playboy Evening Gown Match? ZZzzZZzZzzzzz Oh right, I was supposed to be drooling from the match, not from being asleep

Cruiserweight Open was ok. It had some sick spots, but a shitty ending. Shittiest of all, there was no Hurricane He should be on SmackDown! DAMNIT!!!!!!

Lesnar and Goldberg was complete and utter SHIT. Lesnar looked like his heart wasn't in it at all. The fans chanted "YOU SOLD OUT!!!" and "NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE!!!" He jobbed to Goldbitch, booed by the fans (not heel booing, but genuine dislike of him as a human being), then to top it all off, he got stunned by Austin. it really does look like he is leaving That is such a shitty way for him to go out

SD Tag Title match was good until the Lard As and Spermy Wormy actually won That was garbage. Fuckin WGTT should be the champs. They are SOOOOOOO much better than those 2 idiots

Victoria and Molly was fucking classic int he aspect that THEY ACTUALLY SHAVED HER FUCKIN DOME!!!! Everyone at Hooters was fuckin rollin from that shit.

Angle and Eddie was fuckin great. Back and forth, lots of great reversals. That match was the best of the night up to that point. I loved the ending with Eddie's boot bit too.

Undertaker and Kane was a letdown. It was a hybrid of all of his characters that shit was weak. They had months to get it right, and they fuck it up BADLY.

And now, for made it all worthwhile, the MAIN EVENT. Benoit won, by making HHH TAP THE FUCK OUT!!! Not only was the ending great, but the entire match was great. The way they built, the sick juicing, the table spot, the almost finishes of Benoit winning, with someone keeping him from it. Oh man, I was going fucking NUTS in the last moments of that match. I was yelling and screaming so much for HHH to tap. Oh man, that ending was unbelievable. I'm still in shock basically.

Overall, I thought it was great
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2004, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

I Agree With You Mac (By The Way Good To See Ya Again)

This Mania' Was Billed As The Grandy Daddy Of Them All...Yet, There Was Somethin' About It That Did Not Give You That Impression Durin' The Show...The Openin' Was Nice, Yet Somewhat Weak And Lackin'...What Was The Point Of Showin' Shane's Kid, When You Have 19 Past Wrestlemania's To Draw From, Tens Of Great Moments That Loser, Outcast, Don't Have A GF, Live In My Parents Basement Smarks Like Me Pride Ourselves On Havin' Seen....

Like Past Mania's Though, There Was A Ton Of Weak Filler Bullshit The Crowd Has To Sit Through...Note To Vince, Sure Cena's Raps Are Great For Smackdown In The Local Arena With All The Wiggers Finally Seein' Someone They Can Call Their "Own"...But This Is Fuckin' Wrestlemania XX, Ten Years Ago, MSG Opened With The Greatest Match Perhaps The WWE Has Ever Seen, Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart...At Least TRY And Strive For Somethin' Like That...

The RAW And Smackdown Tag Matches Were Such A Fuckin' Waste Of Time, They Should Have Been Aired On Heat, So To Make Room For Some Historical Vignettes....The Cruiserweight Open Turned Into What I Feared It Would...A Gimmick Spot Fest, Sure Kidman's Shottin' Star Was Nice, But Everyone Was Gettin' Eliminated Left And Right...It Didn't Really Matter....The Women's Matches Were Merely That, Garbage And Just Takin' Up Time

As For The Undertaker, The Subsiquent Reason Many Shelled Out 50 Fuckin' Bucks To See Wrestlemania XX...All I Can Say Is, What A Fuckin' Sham. What The Hell Was That, He Looked Like A Fuckin' Cowboy. He Was The American Bad Ass Just With Paul Bearer And His Old Music, Other Than That, He Looked And Wrestled Like The American Bad Ass. You Could Tell The Fans Were Fuckin' In Shock, I Felt Cheated And Pissed At The Same Time. I Was Promised Somethin' That Didn't Come True....Tell Me What You Will, But Don't Hype The Fuckin' Phenom The Undertaker, The Dead Man When You're Not Givin' Me Him... Hopefully Kane Can Rebound From This...

Eddie/Angle, What Can I Really Say. ***** Match, Simple And Plain. They Put On A Show I Felt Was Cut A Little Short, Should Have Been Given More Time, But Obviously Both Men Delivered A Fuckin' Premiere Performance And Kept Me From Fuckin' Flippin'....This Will Go Down As One Of The Greats

The Triple Threat Match...What Can I Say. A Wrestlemania Main Event That Actually Delivered Everything We Hoped For. Benoit Went Over, A Clean Job By HHH, Michaels With A Gutsy Performance...Great Spots, Great Action, Entertaining....A ***** Match In My Opinion For The Sheer Emotion It Brought With Benoit's Title Win

Overall, Time Can Only Tell Where Wrestlemania XX Will Stand Amongst Its Predecessors... Perhaps Vince Couldn't Live Up To The Hype, Perhaps Our Expectations Were Too High... I Felt Not Enough Emphasis Was Put Into The Past...The Reason We Were Hyped Bout Mania' XX Was Because Of All The Great Mania's That Came Before It...All The Stars Who Made Mania' And The Manias' That Made The Stars...No Hogan, No Bret, No Savage, No Homage To The Great Moments....20 Years Of Greatness, Not Even Mentioned...That Initself Seemed Somewhat In My Eyes Detramental To The Overall Feel....It Was A Great PPV, But Amongst Wrestlemania's, We've Seen Better

EDIT:

Stick Brings Up Some Good Points. As A Fan Who Was Watchin' What Was Put In Front Of Him, It Was A Decent Mania....But One Who Molded All The Best Aspects Of All The Manias Into One, And Expected It To Come Out In Wrestlemania XX, Well Was Wishin' On Somethin' That Could Simply Not Happen....

As For Goldberg/Lesnar (Which I Forgot To Speak About)...Boy That Match Was Something Else, Surreal Almost, I Didn't Think It Was Happenin', It's A Weird Feeling, Like I Can't Believe What I Saw. Almost Like The Screwjob... Lesnar Really Is Leavin'...I Mean You Could See It. Was That The Reason Austin Was In There? He Didn't Do Much. But Was He There Just To Make Sure Berg Or Lesnar Didn't Shoot On Each Other? I Don't Know, Everything Seemed Out Of Place... The Start Up Was Smart...Just Like Mania' VI, Cept The Fans Weren't Buyin' It...It Became Interested, Then All Of A Sudden Ended Abruptly, I Mean I Guess Those Guys Really Can't Wrestle For An Extended Period Of Time.... But Man, Lesnar's Fuckin' Gone...What The Hell, That's Straight Crazy, And That The Fans Were All Over It Was Amazing...Simply A Historical Wrestlemania Moment For All The Wrong Reasons

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

I loved the chanting in the Lesnar match, you gotta love the New York Crowd... Fucking sell-out desearved it too, most heat he ever got in his life and it's the last match of his career, what a shitty way to go. I loved Lesnar, but no more.

Goldberg sucked in the match too.

Know What I found odd about the whole PPV? It almost seemed designed for the Internet smarks. Goldberg and Lesnar have a shitty short match and get booed out of the arena, HHH taps out clean, and the last shot of the show is of Benoit and Guerroro holding world titles together. That's what I fucking loved about this show.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default yo

seriosuly this wrestlemania was the worst. all the matches were boring, the crowd was never into a match except for the eddie/angle, and the triple threat match,a nd maybe a bit for the rock one. other than that it never lived up to the hype, the entrance set was pathetic. wwe never pulled all the stops for this to be the best event.

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Cooledge

Know What I found odd about the whole PPV? It almost seemed designed for the Internet smarks. Goldberg and Lesnar have a shitty short match and get booed out of the arena, HHH taps out clean, and the last shot of the show is of Benoit and Guerroro holding world titles together. That's what I fucking loved about this show.

That's interesting.....and that's absolutely right.

Everything that happened looked as if it was booked out of the fantasy of a typical smark.

So.....that means, if this Wrestlemania is billed as "one of the worst", you'll know it's because Vince actually listened to the dumbass internet fans.

I TOLD YOU that never works......
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return OfSP
seriosuly this wrestlemania was the worst. all the matches were boring, the crowd was never into a match except for the eddie/angle, and the triple threat match,a nd maybe a bit for the rock one. other than that it never lived up to the hype, the entrance set was pathetic. wwe never pulled all the stops for this to be the best event.
you dont know what the fuck you are talking about...

the crowd was SO IN to the triple threat, the crowd was insanely into lesnar and goldberg for bad reasons...they were into all the matches...you fucking douche head
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold
you dont know what the fuck you are talking about...

the crowd was SO IN to the triple threat, the crowd was insanely into lesnar and goldberg for bad reasons...they were into all the matches...you fucking douche head

That's fkn flaming....one warning for you there, bucko.

BTW, Don't worry bout SP......he's just pissed Bret didn't show up.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50-Cent
That's fkn flaming....one warning for you there, bucko.

BTW, Don't worry bout SP......he's just pissed Bret didn't show up.
it was worth it
Old 15 Mar 2004, 02:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50-Cent
That's interesting.....and that's absolutely right.

Everything that happened looked as if it was booked out of the fantasy of a typical smark.

So.....that means, if this Wrestlemania is billed as "one of the worst", you'll know it's because Vince actually listened to the dumbass internet fans.

I TOLD YOU that never works......
Everything that would have been done by the smark, is the very reason this ppv was even sub-par. If it wasn't for Eddy retaining his title. And he and Angle putting on a great technical wrestling match. But if it wasn't for The Benoit/HHH/HBK match and how that ended the ppv would have completly blown.

If it was up to a smark then the Cruiserweight open would not have been but 10 minutes total. The smark would have at least made that a 25 minute match. How the hell can you build up the cruiserweights overtime. Make them look like crediable contenders and 'the best cruiserweights in the world'. But then piss away all crediablity in a single night. These guys were booked to lose every minute. That is sad. How do you just all of a sudden become to valnurable to a pin. Something that was all so sacred last tuesday. So bad bookin ruins that scheme. Thank goodness the cruiserwieghts actaully did somewhat decent with the short amount of time they had.

Also if a smark would have book it. The Womens match would have been a longer and better then what they gave us. You have two of the best women in the world today. Great and very talented, and they gave them a 5 minute platform. What the hell is that. We could have seen that on Raw for crying out loud. This was something that was suppose to add crediability to the womens division, yet it didn't because the women weren't able to show their true ability at what is suppose to be the biggest event ever in WWE history.

A smark would have billed the Undertaker to what they were promoting for 2 months. And not a West Texas Red Neck.

And I know no smark would have ever allowed for those two horriable tag team match's to go down. Not in a million years.

But yes HHH tapping and Benoit holding the gold with Eddy in the ring. While Brock and Bill get booed out of the arena, does sound like a smarkish blueprint.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 09:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

fellas, I'm sorry....I ended up not being able to get the ppv, and I am just now catching up on the whole ordeal......I'll get back to you.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 10:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Default Your Thoughts on WMXX

Here are my thoughts (broken down by match) on WrestleMania XX.

John Cena vs. Big Show
My Pre-WM Prediction: Cena
Winner: Cena

This was a very good match, and the ending was nice too. I really didn't think much was missed in this match, good way to start out WMXX.

La Resistance vs. Cade and Jindrak vs. The Dudleys vs. RVD and Booker T
My Pre-WM Prediction: The Dudleys
Winner: Booker T and RVD

Another match that ended nicely, but I would have liked to have seen the titles change hands. Of course, that would be a theme throughout the whole night.

Y2J vs. Christian
My Pre-WM Prediction: Y2J
Winner: Christian

The post match stuff was great, and Trish looked hotter than ever, even though she turned on Y2J. I got the feeling something was up with her, but I didn't fully believe it until I saw it.

Evolution vs. The Rock 'n' Sock Connection
My Pre-WM Prediction: The Rock 'n' Sock Connection
Winner: Evolution

Definately thought that the Rock 'n' Sock had a shot in this match. They had it at the end, but Randy Orton can pull the RKO out of nowhere.

Sable and Torrie vs. Miss Jackie and Stacy Keibler
My Pre-WM Prediction: Miss Jackie and Stacy
Winner: Who cares!?!?!? We ALL won in that match!

Sure the athleticism wasn't great, but who cares? Women wrestling around in underwear. I only hoped they would have stripped further.

Cruiserweight Open
My Pre-WM Prediction: Rey Mysterio
Winner: Chavo Guerrero

I don't know, this match was ok. I mean, I enjoyed Ultimo Dragon slipping when he came out and I also enjoyed Billy Kidman's Shooting Star Press. Other than that, I thought it could have been more exciting.

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg
My Pre-WM Prediction: Goldberg
Winner: Goldberg

This match started off so slow I went to the bathroom when the bell rang and when I got back, I hadn't missed anything. Well, I didn't go RIGHT when the bell rang, I mean, I enjoyed the "Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye." to Lesnar. I think it started out so slow too, that the fans never got into it. There was more stuff happening in the stands that kept their attention. I think the fans booed Goldberg at the end too because his future was up in the air, and frankly still is.

Worlds Greatest Tag Team vs. APA vs. the Basham Brothers vs. Scottie 2 Hottie and Rikishi
My Pre-WM Prediction: WGTT
Winner: Scottie 2 Hottie and Rikishi

Again, this match didn't do much for me. I mean I watched it, understood what was happening, but I was glad when it was over.

Molly Holly vs. Victoria
My Pre-WM Prediction: Victoria
Winner: Victoria

The match could have ended a little better than just with a backslide, but it made the hair shaving part that much more interesting. I mean, Victoria had to fight Molly to get her in that chair. Oh, and big props to the guy with the Molly Holly sign they showed, it was great!

Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero
My Pre-WM Prediction: Kurt Angle
Winner: Eddie Guerrero

This was a very well played out match, I enjoyed it. I liked the ending too, very smart move by Eddie Guerrero.

Undertaker vs. Kane
My Pre-WM Prediction: Undertaker
Winner: Undertaker

BIG DISSAPPOINTMENT!!!!!! I was kind of surprised at the return of Paul Bearer, but as far as the Undertaker goes, he was more of the American Bad Ass than the Deadman. And the one time he sits up, the camera misses it.

Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels
My Pre-WM Prediction: Chris Benoit
Winner: Chris Benoit

This was a good match, although Shawn Michaels has some weak skin on his forehead. Seems like anytime he wrestles in a big match he bleeds. The ending was very nice.

My Record: 5-7
WMXX Rating: 9.3

Edited By Slash: Sorry Bro But I Already Made A Thread In Smarks, I Don't Want The Forums To Be Clogged With Individual Threads, Sorry Again

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 02:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Damn, I liked the show, a lot.

Cena finally goes over show and gets a chance to hold some gold. Good, it was time. It was a good match. They've been working together for some time and they've been putting out a consistently solid performance. For months now. Kudos to Cena and I hope he keeps things going in the right direction.

The Raw tag match was ok. Nothing stellar, but I didn't expect every match to be off the charts. Thought it would be a good way to get the belts on a legit team, maybe build up La Resistance as a real threat and get the belts off the damn fools rvd and T, but match wise, it was solid enough.

Y2J went down pretty much the way everyone thought it would. A little too much melodrama, but a good performance with some twists. Too bad Jericho goes down again, but hopefully the fued will keep going. I figure Christian needed the win a lot more than Chris anyway, and it should help Christians heal future a lot. Jericho will always rebound, he always does.

Rock and Flair stole the match. Randy who? Bautista who? Please, they looked like kids out there trying to hang in the shadows of Rock, Flair and Foley. Maybe they were nervous or something. Some decent moves by everyone, but it was all about Rock and Flair working the crowd and playing off each other. Foley brought a lot of emotion to that match, but the ending was a little crappy. Yeah yeah yeah, "orton gets to be legend killer wheeeeee" and it won't matter at all soon enough. Foley and Rock still walked out of there like champs. They still stole the show and showed exactly how high the bar is raised before Orton and Bautista could ever be considered legends themselves.

The evening dress match was a lame waste of time, but I will admit, it delivered more than enough eyecandy. So for what it's worth, good enough for me. I wasn't exactly expecting anything special to begin with. Would've preffered to see a little more hla there at the end though...

The cruiser match was a dissapointment to me. It was so fast. I couldn't understand it. I think Kidman came out looking pretty good, as did noble, but for christ sakes, I blinked and missed funaki. Akio didn't even get in the ring. There were some weird countouts and the whole thing just came across as sloppy and rushed. Not what I was expecting after the great 8 man tag match on sd. Could have been so much better, and the ending was blah. Although, I can give credit to chavo, since it was in his character to just get in and get out, and I'd like to see somebody besides rey with the belt. I'm thinking, I would love to see kidman with a run, even though I'm a huge rey mark.

And he kinda looked like the flash last night, so I was pretty bummed Hurricane didn't show up, and then I thought for sure when akio went down, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be

Lesnar and Berg was god awfull. What a horrible match. I will give Berg a single prop for the one new move he did that was pretty cool looking. I don't know what it's called, but he held up lesnar then speared him down into the mat or some shit like that. It was cool enough. The fans were great though. They boo'd Berg. They were all over Lesnar, and the match itself was so bad that it seemed like Vince knew he could kill off both of these guys with one stroke, and that was with SC, who saved that match from being a complete waste of time. What a great way for the bitchberg to go out and for Lesnar to leave with super heal heat. And sc once again rides off like the champ. That match and that ending effectivly removed Berg and Lesnar from ever being mentioned again and ruined both of their credibility. And for that, I kinda liked it. So yeah, I said 2 months ago that SC would come out of this match looking like a king, and he did.

The sd tag match was basically the raw tag match and all my comments on that are the same. Get the belts off fatass and scotty and on to a legit team, but the match itself wasn't really bad.

Molly and Victoria was ok. I actually missed most of this match, but seeing Molly getting shaved bald was gruesome. I didn't think it would bother me that much, but I feel kinda bad for her. She looked like shit and was acting so dejected. Poor girl

Angle and Eddie delivered. What a great match. It was everything I was expecting from them. There is nothing to say. Stellar performance by both of them and hopefully, we'll see it again real soon.

Now Taker was a suprise. I loved the intro. The whole show of him coming out to the ring. The procesion, the emotion and acting on Kane (which is pretty good he took the mask off because I thought he looked really tormented by seeing taker). The crowd was eating it up. I was eating it up. But I was a little disapointed with how taker looked, still, it was cool enough, and I really wasn't that bothered. And the match was far better than I expected. I mean, compare that match with Berg/Lesnar. Taker looked like he was in great shape, and kane delivered a solid performance. It was 2 big guys slugging it out. The pacing of the match was pretty good and I was dying for taker to sit up. I'm suprised it's getting such a negative response, but I thougth it was a great, triumphant return for taker. Would've liked to see kane act a bit more unstopable, and see him sitting up as well, and I would have liked to see the match go on another 5 mins or so, but good work.

On the other hand, Kane looked like a bitch and I have no idea how he's going to get his monster status back.

The triple threat match was unbelievable. What great drama. What sick spots. When HHH kept hbk from tapping, I was going apeshit. I never thought benoit would make hhh tap, CLEANLY. Nasty blood. HBK was so solid, Triple H was so ruthless and benoit was so relentless. I can't say enough about this match and how well they all performed, and that includes Benoit who I've burried for 6 months. Great pacing, great time for them all to shine, and great way to deliver on the triple threat which everyone was so quick to dismiss. What a superb match to end the night on, and Eddie and Benoit standing in the ring was pretty damn cool if I do say so myself.

Now for the smark dream show, I thought the same thing as far as Eddie and Benoit walking out champs. That is a smarkiest ending to wm ever possible. And we'll see how they do. But it also gives a nod to vince, since everyone blah blah he never gives talent that he didn't create blah blah. Vince burried Lesnar, his own monster. He had Trips tap out clean to Benoit, and Eddie goes over his own olympic hero. Vince full on gave props to 2 guys who came into his company as the radicalz with all that wcw baggage and what not.

Meh, I could go on for another hour about WM, and since WM21 is in LA, I've no trouble getting there. I'm allready starting the plan to go.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 04:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

What made it worth while for me was Ultimo Dragon slipping :-P

Ultimo Dragon: Doo doo doo, just going out for my match, HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

I enjoyed every match pretty much.

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote