ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do we think a push means the main event for the world title?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Mar 2004, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Why do we think a push means the main event for the world title?

while we were down, I checked out a couple of other places.....much to my surprise, they sounded a lot like some of our posters.....but one thread in particular caught my eye.....

it was something along the lines of wondering why someone like Jamie Noble hasn't ever been given a huge push (their words, not mine).....

so, my question is this.....why do we think a big time push means that you wrestle for the Heavyweight title?

not too long ago here on our site there were several threads about when Randy Orton was going to receive his push for the title.....or when Booker T was going to.....whatever.....

does a major push have to be solely for the world title?.....if so, why or if not, why not?.....

responses would be appreciated.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2004, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

I wonder the same thing, like how the smarks can bitch "Spanky wasn't pushed!!!"

But he was placed in matches with Angle, Lesnar, Cena, all the big names.

Yet, because he never became world champion, he was never pushed.

And how many WWE PPV's have Booker T and RVD main evented? A lot. But because they never won the title, they were never "pushed".

I don't understand this concept myself, and if someone could explain it, I'd be grateful.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2004, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

Well those are just common misconceptions about what being pushes is. A push is just getting portrayed on TV in a way so that your stock in the company and chances for success go up.