ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

NWA-TNA PPV Results.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default NWA-TNA PPV Results.......

Quote:
NWA-TNA PPV
MARCH 10, 2003
LIVE FROM NASHVILLE, TENN.

Mike Tenay and Don West introduced the show and recapped the hype and ran down the rules for America’s Cup II.

1 -- TEDDY HART (w/Scott D’Amore) vs. MR. AGUILA

They felt each other out for the first couple of minutes with some nice hesitant brief exchanges. Tenay said Team AAA had a huge advantage having been in an America’s Cup tournament already. D’Amore held Aguila’s leg a couple of times, giving Hart a chance to take control at 4:00. Hart did a double springboard moonsault onto Aguila at ringside. Hart them grabbed at his knee after landing. Aguila began working over the leg. Hart came back with a springboard huracanrana at 7:30, but kept favoring his knee. Aguila scored a two count after a top rope crossbody block. D’Amore knocked Aguila off the top rope at 8:30. Hart hit a rolling DDT off the top rope followed by a Hart Attack #2 (a twisting shooting star press into an elbowdrop).

WINNER: Hart at 8:55.

STAR RATING: **1/4 -- Good psychology, well paced, with some nice highspots.

-Juventud Guererra cut a promo backstage who said even though they’re down a match, they will retain America’s X Cup.

2 -- JUVENTUD GUERERRA vs. PETEY WILLIAMS

WINNER: Juventud at 9:05 after a Juvi Driver.

STAR RATING: **1/4 -- Another good match. More highspot orieinted than the first match, but solid stuff with some nice near falls.

-Backstage Teddy Hart winced in pai over his knee injury. Hart demanded that the trainer tape up his knee because he didn’t want to quit, but D’Amore replaced him with Johnny Devine.

3 -- JOHNNY DEVINE vs. ABYSMO NEGRO

WINNER: Devine at 6:03.

STAR RATING: *3/4 -- Solid six minute match. More highspots, but paced well.

-Backstage Glenn Gilberti interviewed David Young psychologist-style about his fear of clowns. Kid Kash barged in and told Gilberti they have to get serious about things.

4 -- JACK EVANS vs. HECTOR GARZA

Evans did some break dancing in the ring before the match. He shouldn’t do that. The announcers played up that Garza was the favorite. By 3:00, after Evans proved he wasn’t a pushover, Garza began to show frustration. Evans hit a great double flip off the apron onto Garza at ringside at 5:15. Garza missed his twisting moonsault off the top rope. Evans then hit a twisting flip of his own for a two count. Garza came back with a moonsault for the win.

WINNER: Garza at 6:40.

STAR RATING: *3/4 -- Another solid six minute match. The first 45 minutes of this show features four nice matches with overall crisp wrestling exchanges, but no real high drama given the lack of storyline depth to any of the match-ups and the 6-8 minute timeframe for each match.

-Hudson interviewed James Storm and Chris Harris. Harris said he’ll be ready for his title shot next week. When I watch Harris’s promos, I think I’m watching a good World Class Championship Wrestling promo from 1985. They’re not bad, but there’s just something about him that requires a gimmick makeover to fit his delivery style better. He just doesn’t have any pizazz or hook to his charisma behind the mic.

-A video feature aired on the Harris title match storyline including Vince Russo footage.

5 -- JACK EVANS & TEDDY HART vs. JUVENTUD GUERRERA & ABYSMO NEGRO

WINNER: Juventud & Negro at 7:20 when Juvi applied the Juvilock.

STAR RATING: **3/4 -- The best showcase of dazzling highspots on TNA in a while. It managed to fit in a bunch of cool spots without being just a series of random moves. An early dropkick by Juvi on Evans was a killer. Hart and Evans both hit amazing twisting flips off the top rope late in the match. Thoroughly entertaining and the type of match America’s Cup needs. At just seven minutes, it felt a bit rushed, thus it stops short of the three star level.

6 -- PETEY WILLIAMS & JOHNNNY DEVINE vs. MR. GUILA & HECTOR GARZA

WINNERS: Williams & Devine when Devine pinned Aguila after his Devine Intervension finisher at 9:18.

STAR RATING: **1/2 -- More of the same. If you’re into this pacce and style of wrestling, you’re getting a nice dose of athleticism. There’s not a lot of storyline or psychology to sink your teeth into.

-D’Amore gave Team Canada a pep talk about the finals. D’Amore said Canada is an educated bilinguial country, the opposite of Mexico.

7 -- TEAM AAA vs. TEAM CANADA

Tenay pointed out that this was the third match for each of the wrestlers tonight, which is true from a storyline perspective, but not in reality, as they had the chance to take a one week break between matches that were taped at the last two live PPVs. D’Amore joined Tenay and West on commentary. They started the match with 40 minutes left in the PPV timeslot. They created a sense of tension and excitement in the opening minutes of the tag match with frequent tags. Evans and Garza were the first two to have sustained action against each other. Hart and Juvi tagged in next and had some nice rapid-fire exchanges. Teddy’s knee eventually gave out on him, so he tagged out to Evans who took a beating from. In the final three minutes, they went into a series of rapid fire eliminations. Juvi pinned Evans at 11:30 to make it AAA-6, Canada-4. Then Harrt pinned Aguila at 12:05 to tie it up. Then Juvi pinned Williams after a double top rope suplex at 13:00. Then Hart scored the three count on Aguila to even the score at 10-10. Then Hector pinned Devine at 15:50 to end the match.

WINNERS: Team AAA at 15:50.

STAR RATING: ***1/4 -- Lots of nice highspots with a slow build. I wish they gave it at least five more minutes, preferably ten more minutes, as those rapid-fire pinfalls in the final four minutes was exciting, but a felt rushed. But they had to leave time for the ICP tag match, apparently.

-West and Tenay announced that next week would feature not just Harris challenging Jarrett, plus A.J. Styles vs. Abyss in a ladder match to determine a new no.1 contender. A video then aired on Styles and Abyss. That’s good to promote next week, but it would have nice to see a highlight video on the America’s Cup Tournament to accentuate the athleticism the previous 90 minutes had features. They had a whole week to produce it so there was no reason it couldn’t have been done.

-Hudson interviewed Jeff Jarrett who said he doesn’t think two weeks of multiple matches count as grueling preparation for a match against him.

8 -- 2 TOUGH TONY & SHAGGY 2 DOPE & VIOLENT J vs. DAVID YOUNG & KID KASH & GLENN GILBERTI - Dark Carnival match

The gimmick match featured a chain as a “fourth rope” around the ring about four feet higher than the third rope. Plus, they were allowed to colorfully painted trash can lids and other objects gathered at ringside. By 5:00 it broke into a six-way hardcore brawl with trash can lid shots to the head. At 6:00 the lights began flashing and their music played for a few seconds, apparently part of the “head games” associated with the Dark Carnival gimmick match. Kash flew at Shaggy with a flying flip dropkick attempt, but he came up short and landed hard. At 8:30 Juggalo Rude Boy entered the ring and joined in the fight with a chair. He then began to bring a ladder into the ring, but Kash slidekicked it into him before he could bring it in. Kash, Young, and Gilberti took control of the unhinged brawl. Shaggy put the ladder of his head and then spun around and knocked everyone down helicopter style. 2 Tough Tony piledrove Kash. Monte Brown, the king of “difficult bowel movement” facial expressions, did a run-in to even the odds. Kash then frogsplashed Tony on the ladder for the win.

WINNERS: Kash & Young & Gilberti at 11:57.

STAR RATING: ** -- A high-energy change of pace from the previous 90 minutes. Maybe it was good to throw a mix of something different onto the show at the end, although I’d have placed it before the America’s Cup finals. Having ICP follow the America’s Cup final demeans the importance of the selling point of the show. I also would have rather seem them save this match for next week and then go all out by adding five more minutes to the main event and a few minutes to some of the singles matches earlier that felt rushed.
Credit PWTorch.com

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

The Dark Karnival match was pimp....but im obviously a little bit bias.... And The Team AAA vs. Team Canada sucked....but only cause i wanted team canada to win...once again...im bias

overall it was a good PPV...
Old 16 Mar 2004, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

The PPV to me was the first good showing by TNA in a long time. Personally I would have liked to see the Dark Carnival Match right before The teams started teaming up, so right after the Garza/Eavns to make the last match all the more important. Unfortunant for you WPG, the Clowns are no longer in TNA.

But I thought this show wouldn't have been good, mainly because they just had a world cup ppv, but they did pretty good to me. The problem is that like the report says, it did seem rushed at times. But, I hope that they go strong into tomw showing. We'll see.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote