ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Random Thoughts: Wrestlemania XX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2004, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Random Thoughts: Wrestlemania XX

Well I Thought I'd Put A Spin On The Random Thoughts Subject, A Wresling Twist So To Speak...These Thoughts Aren't Supposed To Be Stupid But Engage In Somewhat Interesting Conversation And Discussion

- Wrestlemania XX Has Definitely Taken A Different Twist Then We First Thought It Would...Matches Such As Flair/Steamboat, Austin/McMahon, Hogan/Savage And Others Have Not Come To Fuition...These Matches Were Met With Skepiticism And Harsh Criticism...Lookin' Back, I Wouldn't Have Minded To See These Matches Occur...Isn't Wrestlemania Supposed To Give Us Something Monumental? Could These Mathches Be Considered Monumental

- Since Vince Is Not Participating In Wrestlemania, I'd Like To See Him Step Back Into The Announcer's Booth

- Kane Will Be Squashed, And Thus Have His OVER Gimmick Destroyed Once Again

- There Is This Gut Feelin' In My Stomach, Wrestlemania In My Eyes Will Not Live Up To The Hype, But As It Draws Nearer, There Is An Overwhelming Sense Vince Will Prove Me Wrong And That The Nostalgia Of This Event Alone Will Make It Great

- I Had Reservations About There Not Bein' One Big Match, A La Wrestlemania VI...But Then I Realised The Card Leadin' Up To Mania' VI, Well SUCKED...Where Mania' XX Has A Few Possible **** Matches...On The Other Hand, Mania' VI Was Looked Upon As A Success Because Of The Main Event. Will Mania' XX Be Hurt By Not Havin' That One Definitive Main Event?

- HHH Will More Than Likely Walk Out Of MSG World Champ, I Love The Guy... But Why Bother Building Up Benoit When He Will Job To Both Guys, And Have A Half Assed Pay Off In His Home Town That Will Draw 1/20 Media/Wrestling Attention Than Mania' Did...If The Company Is Moving In A New Direction, Why Not Really Show It Than Half Ass It...But Trips Will Walk Out Of Mania' XX Champ, And Solidify His Legacy Amongst The Greats In Hart, Austin, Michaels, Hogan And Flair

- Brock/Goldberg Was Supposed To Be The Marks/Smarks Preverbial Christmas Wish, But WWE Booked This Horribly And Due To G-Berg Not Even Appearin' To Hype The Event Up, We Have Instead A Useless Brock-Austin Program Instead

- Horrible Horrible Idea To Have The Tag Team Title Match A Fatal Four-Way, Just Wrong...Maybe On RAW, But This Is Fuckin' Wrestlemania....XX For Fuck Sakes

- Will Vince Truly Make This A Spectacle We Have Never Seen Before?

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2004, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game
...But Trips Will Walk Out Of Mania' XX Champ, And Solidify His Legacy Amongst The Greats In Hart, Austin, Michaels, Hogan And Flair

Cool....inflate your ego in THREE consecutive Wrestlemanias......THREE perfectly good attempts to launch a rising superstar into the sports entertainment atmosphere......Jericho, Booker, Benoit........and THREE clean pinfalls that do nothing to help the buisness but support your own no-drawing, boring promo delivering, non-jobbing worthless ass.

That's all you gotta do to even list yourself in the same sentence as Hart and Flair?

As long as HHH continues his politics, he'll never get the "legendary" accolades someone with his resume should get........and rightfully so.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2004, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

nice thread Slash, and some really good thoughts......

WMXX, the first time in my 30 year old life that I will have paid for a PPV.....I'm having some second thoughts about it......

What if, as Slash says, HHH walks out of WMXX as the world champion.....will I be so disgusted with it that I stop watching?.....nope, never have and never will.....as I look back at the past three years of the WWE, few memorable matches come to mind.....but out of the ones that do, more of them involve HBK than anyone else, and more of those involve HBK/HHH.....but not in a three way matchup....

why, Vince, why did you allow the main event to involve a three way matchup for the title?.....

Brock/Goldberg....rumors.....so many rumors flying around about Brock leaving, Goldberg leaving.....I just wish this was Berg/Austin and leave Brock out.....still, it'll be the show stealer in my opinion.....

Kane/Taker is cool, I guess.....if it hadn't been done before, it would have been better.....

Why couldn't we have had one for old times sake?.....Savage/Hogan would have been unbelievable one last time......

I will watch in anticipation to see what "where it all begins.....again" means.....are they going to bring in something new, revisit something old?.....who knows......

I'll watch and try to just be a fan.....I'll try to just enjoy the hype, the buildup, and not overanalyze each matchup.....maybe that's what it means.....to the fan....maybe this is "where it all begins.....again"......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2004, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo

Why couldn't we have had one for old times sake?.....Savage/Hogan would have been unbelievable one last time......

Unbeliveable as in how?

Unbelieveable as in "It's unbelieveable that WWE could put on a match between these two has-beens this atrocitious on the biggest PPV of all time...."?

Then yes.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2004, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50-Cent
Unbeliveable as in how?
Nostalgic purposes only, man.....nostalgic purposes only.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2004, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

-I'm Beginnin' To Think This Was A Work On Vince's And Brock's Part, Just To Hype Up Wrestlemania...No Way Does A Man Just Buy A Fuckin' 50,000 Dollar Plane And A Week Later Say "I'm Done With Wrestling." I'm Gon' Say This Is A Work, I Was Wrong About Bret Appearin' At Mania' XX Though, So I'm Prob Wrong With This....

9 Times....
Old 13 Mar 2004, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I am really and truly hoping that the WWE gives ample time to the cruiserweights to shine. If they have a show stealing type match, the fans might actually become interested in that division. That match could make or break that division, and I am hoping it gets made on the grandest stage of them all.

The Raw tag match looks so weak. Maybe the weakest match on the card (yes even weaker than the women's match). The SD tag match looks like it will be great due to all the teams actually being REAL tag teams.

I'm kind of hoping Molly Holly loses cleanly so that we have a bald woman wrestler. That would be fuckin funny

Brock and Berg has been built pretty shitty, and I hope that Austin doesn't steal the spotlight for what could be a great match.

Kane and Taker has been built pretty good, but it has some flaws. All of Taker's videos aired when Kane was out. That kinda took all the surprise out of it after the first time or two. Also, Kane shouldn't have a match at Mania against Taker. Logically, how can they make a match with someone who isn't even there, and they don't know if he is even alive? Kane should have been in a feud with someone else, going into Mania, and have a match with that person and THEN Taker returns in the middle to cost Kane the match and confirm that he's alive. Then Bisch or Austin should have made a match for Taker vs Kane or something right then a there.

Evo vs Rock n Sock, meh I'm not feelin it. I was psyched when I thought it would be Foley vs Orton, as that has been building for months now. Rock just had to show up and fuck up what would have been a great one on one match. If he wanted to be a part of Mania so bad, he should have returned a month or even a couple weeks sooner and built something with someone else.

Cena vs Big Show could be great. I'm thinkin Cena walks out as the US champ, and I can say I will be happy if he does. I think that he might be a fighting champion and defend the belt almost every week.

Jericho vs Christian has been built pretty good. I see either an Edge return to help Christian and reunite E&C, or Trish turns heel and helps Christian, which would be lame. Whatever happens, it should be a pretty good match.

Angle vs Guererro will be great. Angle is being a GODLY heel right now. The build for this match was short, but what they have done has been effective as hell. I honestly have no idea who is leaving as the champ.

The triple threat match will be pretty good I think, I just think it SUCKS that HBK had to butt in and whore the spotlight. The build was for Benoit to overcome all odds, and it would have been so great for him to win one on one against the best on Raw. Now, if he wins, it would probably be a pin over HBK, which doesn't make Benoit look all that credible, since he didn't pin the champ.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2004, 12:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I guess the way you can see it is that Wrestlemania XX is something of a last big thing for the WWE, After years of Lost interest and dwendelling profits Vince has had to stick in Matches to make it seem spectacular and inspirational, Him and the Writters have done their best to give the Fans what they want, from the Smarks, The Marks and the just Plain Stupid/Sad (example: The Evening gown Match). He's Booked it so well it's like having 4 PPV Main events into one besides the whole One Defining Main event. We have Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chis Beniot, We all know Hunter threw in HBK to cover the lack of experience Beniot and Hunter have had so this will probably the least interesting of the bunch, We all know Hunter has a huge chance of winning but we all want it down down for that 18 year Career of Beniot's to finally Pay off. Then we Have Eddie vs Kurt, The New People's Champion keeping in mind thatthe Rock is too busy making shitty movies for the people, The Fans will really get into this but I see Kurt going over to get some More Heat but People will be really into this match up, Then the Match up for the Marks of our time, The Deadman vs Kane, Now as much as I love Kane and hate The Undertaker you just know the Writters out the back will get Taker to demolish Kane like His Return against Snuka years ago. Finally the Battle of the Monsters, You can't really label it a single interest group but since we know that Brock and Goldberg will (or maybe) leaving it's hard to decide who to put over, After all the Writters do have a History of changing their minds at the last moment (just not for HHH matches)

Well there's my Spin on WMXX, This may make or break the future of Wrestling Interest for the years to come because we're expecting a good show and Vince has to deliver it, By the looks of it....

He's Done his best......
Old 14 Mar 2004, 02:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

not only am i in anticipation for the card... i am awaiting the unveiling of WWE's new logo, and also the WMXX arena.

I think WWE is going to pull out all the stops for this.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Oh And Vince, When New York Is The Home To Nas, Jay Z, Mobb Deep, And The Notorious BIG...Bad Idea To Have Cena Rap And Try To Get Over With The Crowd...Very Bad Idea

9 Times....