ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

The Most Underated Wrestlemania of All Time...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Mar 2004, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default The Most Underated Wrestlemania of All Time...

Which WM do you think was one of the best..although It really never gets mentioned when you talk about the Greatest Wrestlemanias of All time..
Old 07 Mar 2004, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Probably Mania 'VII...The Joke Is That Vince Thought He Could Fill The LA Memorial Coliseum With 100,000 Dwarfin' Mania' III With The Slaughter/Hogan Feud...Instead It Was Moved To The LA Sports Arena Due To A Fear Of Terrorist Threats Involvin' A Pro-Iraqi Slaughter

The Real Story Was Vince Simply Couldn't Fill The Coliseum Anywhere Near 100,000 And Made The Excuse Up. Hogan/Slaughter Had Nowhere Near The Fan Interest Of Andre/Hogan And The Ticket Sales Were Very Discouragin'...

This Mania' Ended Up Havin' Four *** Matches...And Really Due To The Controversy Was Downplayed As One Of The Worst Manias In Between Two Great Ones In Mania' VI And Mania' VIII...The Opening Match Had The Rockers Vs. Haku And Barbarian. It Had A Great Energy And Flow To It And Although They Were Teasin' The Breakup, Michaels Was Probably Close To Hittin' His Peak...

The Hart Foundation Vs. The Nasty Boys Was Also Another Great Tag Match That Was Definitely Solid, And For The Most Part Hogan And Slaughter Wrestled A Pretty 20 Minute Match That Was Decent Enough To Watch...

But Let's Get To The Point, THE Match Of The Night...The Macho Man Randy Savage Vs. The Ultimate Warrior, In A Retirement Match...This Was The Warrior's Greatest Match Of All-Time...Scott Keith Brings Up A Great Observation When He Notices Warrior Walkin' To The Ring, Pacin' Himself So He Wouldn't Blow Up In The Ring 30 Seconds Later...The Wrong Man Retired That Night, Albeit Short Lived, But Macho Man Showed Why He Was One Of The Greats, The Drama And Psychology Of The Match Was Marvelous....A **** Match, In Some Eyes, Maybe Even *****, Due To The Spectacle After The Match, In Which Miss.Elizabeth And Savage Reunite And Macho Man Turns Face...Great Match, Great Moment, And Because Of This One Match, Is Highly Overlooked As A Great Wrestlemania

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2004, 02:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game
Probably Mania 'VII...The Joke Is That Vince Thought He Could Fill The LA Memorial Coliseum With 100,000 Dwarfin' Mania' III With The Slaughter/Hogan Feud...Instead It Was Moved To The LA Sports Arena Due To A Fear Of Terrorist Threats Involvin' A Pro-Iraqi Slaughter

The Real Story Was Vince Simply Couldn't Fill The Coliseum Anywhere Near 100,000 And Made The Excuse Up. Hogan/Slaughter Had Nowhere Near The Fan Interest Of Andre/Hogan And The Ticket Sales Were Very Discouragin'...

This Mania' Ended Up Havin' Four *** Matches...And Really Due To The Controversy Was Downplayed As One Of The Worst Manias In Between Two Great Ones In Mania' VI And Mania' VIII...The Opening Match Had The Rockers Vs. Haku And Barbarian. It Had A Great Energy And Flow To It And Although They Were Teasin' The Breakup, Michaels Was Probably Close To Hittin' His Peak...

The Hart Foundation Vs. The Nasty Boys Was Also Another Great Tag Match That Was Definitely Solid, And For The Most Part Hogan And Slaughter Wrestled A Pretty 20 Minute Match That Was Decent Enough To Watch...

But Let's Get To The Point, THE Match Of The Night...The Macho Man Randy Savage Vs. The Ultimate Warrior, In A Retirement Match...This Was The Warrior's Greatest Match Of All-Time...Scott Keith Brings Up A Great Observation When He Notices Warrior Walkin' To The Ring, Pacin' Himself So He Wouldn't Blow Up In The Ring 30 Seconds Later...The Wrong Man Retired That Night, Albeit Short Lived, But Macho Man Showed Why He Was One Of The Greats, The Drama And Psychology Of The Match Was Marvelous....A **** Match, In Some Eyes, Maybe Even *****, Due To The Spectacle After The Match, In Which Miss.Elizabeth And Savage Reunite And Macho Man Turns Face...Great Match, Great Moment, And Because Of This One Match, Is Highly Overlooked As A Great Wrestlemania
I was just saying in another threed how Savage is responcable for the Warroirs best match ever. I agree with what you post here

Looking at the next year and still talking about Savage, many people don't really talk about Savage and Flairs first ,major incounter. They had a good match at mania 8, and there was everything that a **** match needed. And in the end Savage comes out on top. Mania 8 however was very odd because it had some good match's and then it just had its random odd match's. It isn't to bad to watch I guess but its more like a circus WWF mania in this one. Savage and Flair had the best match on the card, and for the World heavyweight title, but they were burried in the middle, and made to take second stage no doubt to Hogan and his ego. You can't tell me that in 92' more people would have wanted to see Sid v. Hogan in a grudge match over Savage v. Flair for the World Title. I remember wondering why Hogan was the last match and how it should have been either the first of dead middle match, to keep the crowd amped up until Savage and Flair stole the show.

Also at Mania 8. It is one of the only times that Undertaker Calloway has a decent match. It only took Roberts to bring it out in him.

And another match that doesn't get recognized as much as it should is Piper v. Hart for the IC title. Another great match that got burried very early in the program and not talked about as much as maybe Hennig/Hart or Hart/Bulldog.

They had some 6 or 8 man tag that I don't even want to try and remember. I just remember Virgil being like the sole survivor or some shit. bah.

Dibiase and Rotundo made the Fat Boys in Earthquake and the *lmao*Shockmaster*lmao* Typhoon have a pretty decent match. However I don't praise any match that usually ends in a count out........

And then Hogan and Sid which is suppose to be a main event, has the shadiest ending ever, with a psycho Warrior back to boot. It was very odd, how the match ended in that Sid kicks out of Hogans finisher leg drop, and then Harvey Whipplemen interfiers as if Sid was in trouble to get him DQ, what the fuck is that. Sid just kicked out of the leg drop, there was no need for Whippleman, Sids manager to run in and get him dq at this point. Nice way to end a PPV with Kama coming out as the magic man in black in white and jumping into shit, and then like I said for some reason as a child I got mad excited when Warroir came out of nowhere. But I felt cheated because Sid had every reason to beat the shit out of Hogan, and the best part of the match was when Sid kicked out of the leg drop, that shit was ill to watch if you were routing for Sid, and then bam Harvey Whipple just randomly thinks he should get his guy dq'ed.

All and all it wasn't a completly bad Mania, and I think overall it may not get as much credit as it should. They just needed to fix around some match and some endings and egos

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2004, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania VIII to me was a very underrated card
GProopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2004, 02:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I wanted to make a really long post here, but Dre and Slash have already written books.....I say WM XVIII and WM XII.....WMXII gets some attention, but not enough imo.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2004, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

i wont waste time with a long post .... all i will say is go watch wrestlemania IV .... the battle royal, the wwf title tournament, and my favorite wrestlemania moment ..... randy savage holding the wwf title for the first time, which started the greatest rivalry in the history of wwf/wcw imo .......

i like that rabdy savage matches are popular in this thread.....

syco13
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2004, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

^^Wrestlemania 4 wasn't underrated, it just sucked. Not a single good match on the card, similar to WM 9 and 11. If something truly sucks, it is not underrated.

Anyway, WM 18 is underrated, as it's my favorite of all time. Sure, it gets a lot of recognition for Rock/Hogan, but a lot of the other great matches that night go almsot ignored. Like Taker/Flair, Austin/Hall was a great match too.......and even Edge/Booker.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2004, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

The best thing about Mania 9 was the fact that it was outside. Other then that I don't know what to say. Taker v El Giante was one that should have been burnt out of the books....

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote