ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

A Bad Rep...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Mar 2004, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default A Bad Rep...

Who Or What In Your Opinion Has Gotten A Bad Rep, An Undeserving Hate In The Eyes Of Casual Fans Or Internet Smarks...

Do People Hate On HHH Too Much, Was The "Invasion" Angle Better Than People Give It Credit For, Is Jeff Hardy Really A Worthless Jobber Or Does He Deserve More Respect...

Do You Have Strong Opinion On Someone Or Something That Has Gotten An Unfair Rep...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2004, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

To answer your questions, YES people hate HHH too much (well, some people) but to hate him a little is understandable because he DOES have a lot more backstage influence than he should have. But when internet fans begin their own stable designed to hate HHH is when it goes too far. I've even seen a whole discussion board one time entitled "Flame The Game".

YES, the invasion angle was unfairly skewered by the internet, mainly because WWE was unable to secure any big WCW stars to participate in it with the exception of Booker T. and DDP. Well, WWE tried. Goldberg's and Hogan's unwilling to compromise to contractual agreements is hardly Vinny Mac's fault. Vince did the best he could with what he had. He supplemented WCW with Steve Austin in order to give it SOME semblance of star power........but I spose fans would have rather seen Hugh Morris or Chuck Palumbo lead the Alliance. It's too bad the idiotic fans will forever be too blind to notice that in reality, while the representation and identity of WCW was oftentimes minimal (not Vince's fault), the Invasion/Alliance angle was in reality a well-played out and dramatic storyline.

Oh, and to the fans who bitched a lot because the WWE stars always went over the WCW and ECW stars.......uhhh......yeah.

LOOK AT WHAT THE FUCKING COMPANY IS CALLED. WWE=GOOD GUYS WHO COME OUT ON TOP. WCW+ECW=EVIL OUTSIDERS.

For christs's sake, if WWE had been invading WCW or ECW instead of the other way around, WWE would have been the jobbers too. Trust me, The Rock would have jobbed to Tank Abbot, no doubt about it.

And finally, yes, Jeff Hardy is a worthless, sloppy, spot-machine/jobber, who has no passion for the buisness whatsoever and deserves to die.

Now, IMO, I feel that Chris Jericho's title reign recieved a lot of unfair criticism. Vince McMahon as an on screen character too..........people are always bitching to have him taken off the air........they fail to realize that Vince McMahon is the greatest heel of all time and his on-screen contributions are extremely valuble.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2004, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

^^Pfft I am the only person who bitch's about McMahone being on TV, one reason is because he is boring and talks to hear himself speak. He doesn't have any purpose, nor does his storyline or gimmick make any sense. It would make a little more sense if he was running his business like Steinbrner or something, but this 'i hate every face' gimmick is lame as hell and been done to death......move on.

I personally think like Marbs said that Jericho's title reign is grossly under-rate. Everyone says its was a flop and he didn't do a good job as champ. But then no one wants to back up the statment. He is and always will be a better preformer then the majority of the WWE, and the 'lazy' excuss can only go but so far, being that his 'lazy' match's look better then the shit we see on Raw today.

Another thing that I believe is that Sid gets a bad rep. I don't know why but the common opinion around here seems to be that Sid isn't that good. Then in the same breath people mark out for Nash and Kane. Two guys who diffenently weren't better inside of the ring or on top of the mic. I always want to know why such hate goes to Sid when he has done nothing for the majority of his career but get the fans extremly into his match's and the persona's that he played.

And of course another thing in wrestling that get a bad rep, are the people who think independently on the subject. The ones who actually speek the truth when something isn't going well, instead of pretending that all is well, and that we should just except shit that we pay for. Fans who complain that there isn't enough wrestling get a bad rep. Fans who complain because storylines are stupid get a bad rep. And fans who worship entertainment and don't see a problem with the demenishing amount of wrestling are over-rated and what is killing the legacy of wrestling today

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2004, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise
[color=lime]^^Pfft I am the only person who bitch's about McMahone being on TV,

No you're not. If you were, I'd feel a little bit better.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2004, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

heh.....I'll go down with this one, but......Goldberg gets a bad rep from internet smarks.....once people get past the fact that they don't believe he can wrestle, they generally see that entertainment value is a part of what he brings to the table.....some are willing to admit that he grows on them.....others become closet fans.....

HHH does get a bad rep as well, because on the net we all tend to factor in the backstage rumors and crap.....when in reality, he is a great heel who is doing his job by getting people to dislike him.....and I hate that.....

Eric Bischoff.....he takes a lot of heat for what went wrong with WCW and why they went down.....and doesn't get enough credit for what went right with WCW and how they were able to become what they were.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote