ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Which achivement is greater?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default Which achivement is greater?...

Winning the World Title 10-15 times?...Or Holding it for longer periods of time...and only having 2-5 runs with the gold..
Old 04 Mar 2004, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Diffenently The quality of the title and not the quantity of times you've won it. I can take two men for this example. Jerry Lawler is like a 30 time USWA Heavyweight Champion. Pedro Morales is a one time WWF World champion. Now Morales in the 3 years roughly that he was the champion, has done more then Lawler has done with 30 times the title. Its not about how many times a person wins the title to me. Its about how well the reign of the champion went. If the quality of the reign wasn't good then you were not a good champion. Lawler may have won the title a shit load of times but the quality of each reign were sometimes hard to even watch. The match's that he participated in while champion, were mostly terriable wrestling matchs. The same thing can be looked at when you compare a tag team like Edge and Christian who have won the tag titles a bunch of times to a team like The Strike Force who were actual good champions. E&C weren't good champions even though they held the title about 3 times more the Strike Force did.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 11:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise
Diffenently The quality of the title and not the quantity of times you've won it. I can take two men for this example. Jerry Lawler is like a 30 time USWA Heavyweight Champion. Pedro Morales is a one time WWF World champion. Now Morales in the 3 years roughly that he was the champion, has done more then Lawler has done with 30 times the title. Its not about how many times a person wins the title to me. Its about how well the reign of the champion went. If the quality of the reign wasn't good then you were not a good champion. Lawler may have won the title a shit load of times but the quality of each reign were sometimes hard to even watch. The match's that he participated in while champion, were mostly terriable wrestling matchs. The same thing can be looked at when you compare a tag team like Edge and Christian who have won the tag titles a bunch of times to a team like The Strike Force who were actual good champions. E&C weren't good champions even though they held the title about 3 times more the Strike Force did.

Well
nowadays fans seem to complain about people who hold the title for a long time (IE: HHH)

so perhaps winning the title multiple times is the better of the two
GProopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dre

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

No fans only complain about HHH, becuase of two reasons

1. They believe some story about HHH holding down the entire talent pool of wrestling.
or
2. They don't realize that he is a damn good heel and they just don't like the fact that he is the world champion.

I hardly think that having short title reigns will make any titles look crediable. If someoen can even name one title that having multiple champions with many title changes gave that title any credibility, then maybe that would make some sense. But titles are built on the champion who holds it. And if the champion who holds it only is champ for a month or two, then what pride and prestidge come from being the next and newest champion....

Old 05 Mar 2004, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road

You do bring up a good point
it's just that the majority of the people i usually talk to cannot stand HHH as champ and feel more people should hold the title.
GProopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 01:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dre

Yeah but when you asks those people who they think should hold it, do they gave you names. And do they explain why this person should be at the top of the federation with logic.