ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Did LOD 2000 Hurt The Road Warriors Legacy......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2004, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Did LOD 2000 Hurt The Road Warriors Legacy......

Lookin back at the Legion of Doom in the AWA, the Road Warriors in the NWA, and LOD in WWF. There is nothing that a person can say that would make me not believe that LOD was one of the most dominant tag teams in the history of wrestling. Arguably one of the top 5 of all time. When Hawk and Animal started off they were a force to be reckin with. There were very few people who could stand up to these guys. From about 84' to 92' they were on top of their game. Having won multiple tag titles in both AWA and NWA and WWF. In 97' they came back big in the tag team division and considered one of the best in the WWF. But then around 98' something happend that might not have been the best idea for their careers. LOD 2000 was formed and a dark cloud seemed to come over everything that The Road Warriors had represented before. Which was power dominence and respect. LOD 2000 went from being one of the most dominonant tag teams in the 80's and early 90's to having a third wheel and Hawk commiting suicide off the titiantron and losing match's they would have never lost before. Like to Too Cool for exampl lol. Thoughts on whether LOD 2000 should have never happend for this team. I know watching Tammy Sytch is fun, but for some reason she didn't quite fit in with the whole barbarien and face paint look.......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road
Default I agree with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise
Lookin back at the Legion of Doom in the AWA, the Road Warriors in the NWA, and LOD in WWF. There is nothing that a person can say that would make me not believe that LOD was one of the most dominant tag teams in the history of wrestling. Arguably one of the top 5 of all time. When Hawk and Animal started off they were a force to be reckin with. There were very few people who could stand up to these guys. From about 84' to 92' they were on top of their game. Having won multiple tag titles in both AWA and NWA and WWF. In 97' they came back big in the tag team division and considered one of the best in the WWF. But then around 98' something happend that might not have been the best idea for their careers. LOD 2000 was formed and a dark cloud seemed to come over everything that The Road Warriors had represented before. Which was power dominence and respect. LOD 2000 went from being one of the most dominonant tag teams in the 80's and early 90's to having a third wheel and Hawk commiting suicide off the titiantron and losing match's they would have never lost before. Like to Too Cool for exampl lol. Thoughts on whether LOD 2000 should have never happend for this team. I know watching Tammy Sytch is fun, but for some reason she didn't quite fit in with the whole barbarien and face paint look.......

Me being a first time poster

I found this to be the most interesting one to state my opinion

I'm gonna have to agree that the NWA and early WWF era LOD were the greatest and most influential tag teams of all time

These are the guys who took home the AWA, NWA, WWF, and All Japan (if i'm not mistaken) tag titles.

these were the guys who struck fear into their opponents and made the fans watch in awe.

By the time they came back to the WWF for a second run, the pop was there, if only for nostalga

pretty soon the fans were tired of it.

when they came back again for their one match before Hawk's death, they looked out of shape and just plain unenthused

in my opinion, the olden days were the better days for the LOD
GProopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2004, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I don't think it really hurt their legacy that much...Probably because of the fact it wasn't a long comback..when I think of LOD..I think of the days that they were one of the best in the world...not of LOD 2000..
Old 08 Mar 2004, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

only if Mr. America hurt Hogan.....and it didn't.....

LOD was quite possibly the greatest tag team of all time, and they built that legacy over two decades.....LOD 2000 couldn't destroy that legacy.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote