ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Who was the best NWA/WCW Television Champion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2004, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Who was the best NWA/WCW Television Champion.

Thinking about a time where every title use to mean something. And having the TV was almost as important as the World title. Not to mention it made you the #2 contender also. There have been so many greats over time to have grace the NWA and WCW as the champion. Guys like Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Steve Austin, William Regal, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Sting and many others are in the long line of wrestlers to have held this title. Who do you think was the best TV champion to reign as the Representitive Nationally on Television..............

Last edited by Dre; 05 Mar 2004 at 12:08 PM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

to me it was

Arn Anderson, something about him being the TV champ was interesting.

and

Steven Regal (aka William Regal), his "way" of keeping the TV Title was always great. (the 15 minutes time limite)

I never liked a "Face" TV Champ, I don't know why?

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 05 Mar 2004 at 09:22 AM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, Sting would be the obvious here for me, but he was actually more influental without the TV title belt......

Ricky Steamboat embodied what the TV title was about in the WCW.....he was perfectly happy being the face of WCW for the TV crowd.....the TV title was about being a crowd favorite (I can say this because faces were the champ 90% of the time).....wrestling great matches and giving the TV show a championship match each week basically without having the biggest title holder appear all of the time.....back then, the World Champ would have a pre-taped promo each week, taking up about 3-4 minutes of TV time......and they would only wrestle on TV about once a month.....

the TV champ was possibly the best wrestler other than the champ, and also one that the company wanted to represent them in a strong light.....no one did that better than the Dragon......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote