ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Hulk Hogan: the greatest ever?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2004, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Hulk Hogan: the greatest ever?

We all know that Hulk Hogan is far from the greatest technical wrestler ever, and he seems to have worn out his welcome with the fans that are on the internet....but not necessarily the fans that are the mainstream, as they continue to cheer for him.....

The man remade himself 15 years into his career....he turned into the most hated heel, after being the most beloved face.....he was the driving force in the stable that made the largest impact in the history of wrestling.....and that was all in the second part of his career.....

in the '80's, Hulk Hogan was the face of the WWF.....Hulkamania ran wild on the US, and caused the wrestling world to become more mainstream than ever before......He appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated, made movies, brought wrestling to the forefront.....

so, the question is this.....Is Hulk Hogan the greatest PRO WRESTLING ENTERTAINER ever?......

responses, with reasons why and/or why not......now!.....

thanks.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Hulk Hogan is one of the best pro wrestling Entertainers, possibly the best. In the 80's Hulk Hogan was big, he was the one that brought wrestling to where it is today. He became the most popular wrestler in the 80's and brought children to wrestling, that was one of the reasons why I watch wrestling today is because of Hulk Hogan. Hogan also became big in the Hollywood, he has done many movies and became a household name. Everybody knows who Hulk Hogan is, you don't even have to be a wrestling fan and you know who he is. So Hogan wasn't only big in the wrestling world but also in the Hollywood world. I was shocked when Hogan turned heel at "Bash at the Beach" in 96 and joined Kevin Nash and Scott Hall to become the NWO. I think it was a shocker to every single Hogan fan, they were now going to have to boo Hulk Hogan, something they have never done before. The NWO became a big success in WCW and it helped beat the WWE for 85 weeks.

So I think everything Hulk Hogan has done, has been a complete success, except for when he became Mr America last year. I think he is one of the best Pro Wrestling Entertainer ever.
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pimp Schnookie

Soundgarden420 can only hope to improveSoundgarden420 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Soundgarden420

Although he's not currently performing in a WWE ring, when he does, he gets 20 minute ovations so that shows he must be doing something right. I don't care what those smarks say who claim they were never Hulkamaniacs(bullshit!), he is the greatest entertainer ever and is a legend, an icon, and did alot for the company. He even made wrestling look like a mainstream sport.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Hogan did make this industry what it is today that is indisputable
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 04:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Comment
Hogan did make this industry what it is today that is indisputable
Actually. IT IS.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well.....let's hear the dispute, Shane.....

Old 06 Mar 2004, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

There was NO Hogan, without Vince. Plain and simple What Vince did with that Hogan character was practically flawless.
Hogan could have wrestled for some two bit organisation... and been a mega star for them, but without Vinces foresight into what people wanted to see. I seriously doubt that Hogan would have been anywhere near the success he achieved with Vinces drive behind him.

I just wanted to say that without Vince i doubt there ever would have been a Hulk Hogan... There would have just been another Terry Bolaea

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2004, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

The Boom Hulk Hogan Gave The Wrestling Industry In The 80's Was As Much His Success As It Was Vince's. Vince Could Have Put The Gimmick On Somebody Else And It Wouldn't Have Got Off The Ground. They Needed Each Other, But That Doesn't Make Hogan Any Less Significant. You Could Use That Argument For Hart, Undertaker And Austin Easily.

Vince Had No First Hand Part In The Creation Of The nWo...The "Entity" That Recreated The Wrestling Boom Of The 80's In The 90's And Revitalized Hogan's Career. Hogan Once Again Helped Revitalize Wrestling In The 90's...Austin Did It Once, Hogan Did It Twice, But That Isn't Really Something Valid To Compare, Only A Small "Opinionated Thought."

Hogan Will Go Down As The Greatest Ever. He Was That First Iconic Presence That Vince Marketed In The Right Way That Made Him Millions, Made Hogan A Star And Gave The Fans Something To Remember In Their Lifetime

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2004, 10:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default yo

"one" of the greatest!

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2004, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

SP, please don't try and lump Bret into the same category in the history of wrestling.....

Old 01 Apr 2004, 03:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
SP, please don't try and lump Bret into the same category in the history of wrestling.....

what do you mean, obviously bret is one of the best, but i just said hogan is also one of the best.
The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2004, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

I am not going to drag all of you in a long post of how Hulk Hogan is one of the 2 REAL Icons in wrestling.(Hulk Hogan & Ric Flair are the ONLY true ICONS in wrestling).

Hulk Hogan is a house hold name World Wide.

Hulk Hogan is one of the few people "if not the only one" who gets a 20 minutes Ovations when ever he gets in the ring.

if that does not show you how Great Hulk Hogan is, then you are nothing more that a 'net fan who likes to bitch about anything that has to do with wrestling.

Last edited by BADMAN(RAVEN); 01 Apr 2004 at 07:14 PM.
BADMAN(RAVEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2004, 01:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I am pretty sure anyone who could remember the 80's could tell you who Hulk Hogan is. The guy was everywhere and really did alot as far as putting pro wrestling into the mainstream's view. I even remember watching Regis and Kathy-Lee when I was a young kid and seeing Hogan on there quite a few times. I don't know if I'd call him the greatest entertainer ever because if the kayfabe was as broken then as it is now then I do not think he could've made as big of an impact. IMO the reason he is so popular now is simply because the general public are some nostalgia junkies and they remember all the good memories they have from watching him in the past so they want to relive them.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 02:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

WWE4Lyfe is on a distinguished road

Yes Hulk Hogan is great very great but what made him sooo good is the fact that he picked up andre the giant if he didnt he most sertinly would not have this much popularity. He Would still be great but what he did is unforgetable and there are guys about just as good for a fact Bret "The Hitman" Hart was just as good and flair is the exact same but what hogans has done for the wwf/e is history in the making. And no one will ever be as good and hogan is going to return to the wwe soon
WWE4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 08:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'd Say Flair and Hogan are the Two greatest entertainers in the Wrestling World Ever, They Both played memorable Heels, they had their memorable matches and people today respect the absolute hell outta both of them, Hell Flair is Still Getting Wooooo Chants and Extatic pops when he walks out in the Glittering Robe and Lights. Flair is What a Traditional Wrestler is, he's career has spanned over 3 Decades and has made them that more interesting, Hogan did something Bigger, he didn't throw down great ground breaking matches (He had the biggest Spot move ever created after all) or the same callibur fueds as Flair but he Made Wrestling Popular, His Face Run is the Biggest Success to Hit Wrestling, He had the Image, He Had The Charisma He was Walking Gold. That's Why Hogan was Top Man of the 80's & 90's. Because he made Wrestling "Cool", What was considered to be a redneck recreation sport in the States was then largest form of sport entertainment thanks to Hogan.

Hogan & Flair are the Two i consider to be the Greatest of All Freaking time!