ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Sting: the legend that is WCW.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2004, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Sting: the legend that is WCW.....

should he come to the WWE, or is he better off staying in NWA on a part time basis and allowing the fans to remember him as he was?.....

the foundation of a franchise, Sting epitomized WCW for the better part of a decade and a half.....should he come to the WWE, Vince may make him more fodder for the home grown stars that are there, and possibly take away from all that he was in the WCW.....

answers!!!.....I demand answers, and new topics.....

get to posting people......get to posting now!......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I really think Sting is wasting his time in TNA..personally i think he should come to the WWE, probably Raw so he could have a feud with michaels, trips, benoit or even kane..If he did come to the WWE he would probably get a title like the US or maybe IC but it depends on what show he went to..Raw or Smackdown!.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

No, I think Sting should stay in the NWA except for coming into the WWE. Sting is a legend and it would be a shame to see a legend like Sting get misused in the WWE. Sting was created in WCW, he got over with fans and became a legend. If Sting came to the WWE than he would be a midcarder opposed to being a main-eventer. I fear that Sting will be misused because, look at what happened to Scott Steiner and Booker T, they were main-eventers in WCW and when they came into the WWE they became midcarders. Booker T has held the tag titles and became the IC Champion but I think thats the farthest he is going to be able to go in the WWE. I don't even think Scott Steiner has held a belt in the WWE and I tend to see him more on Heat nowadays than Raw. So this is the fear that I fear for Sting, I fear that he will be misused in the WWE and he wouldn't amount to anything. I would love to see him in the WWE, but if he ever does come to the WWE he has to stay away from HHH(look at what happened to Steiner last year)or he would become a midcarder. So I think Sting should stay as far away from the WWE as possible
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Well, a lot of WCW guys that were supposedly missused, really weren't up to par with the wwe talent in the first place. But that's another topic.

Sting, should he come to the wwe? Nah. I don't think there's anything there for him to accomplish. There's nothing to prove. And in a way, it would make it seem like his entire career in wcw/nwa was really second hand to being in the wwe. That's the feeling I would get from it. There might be a time, where he had something to add to wwe, but I also feel that time has passed. I think it would be an insult to his fans if he showed up as well. Didn't he spend his life saying he would never work in wwe? It's just not right. And I'm not sure how he would be treated anyway. Flair seems to be able to hold his status in wwe, but I'm not so sure Sting could. Sting might end up tagging with Test for all I know. So I say, nope, he should not come to wwe.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, as a Sting fan, I'd love for him to come back into the mainstream of wrestling.....but I don't feel that the WWE is the best place for him to be, at least not full time.....maybe he could come in and work one program and get out, but he's already had his goodbye match to the mainstream fan on the last Nitro.....

if he did come to the WWE, he wouldn't work full-time, so he couldn't be involved in the championship hunt.....he's so well respected by the fans that he could possibly force them to not bury him, ala Steiner, but I get the feeling that they would try.....

also, the traditional WWE style is so much different than that of the WCW that he may struggle with the transition, as have so many of the others.....we may never know.....and I hope it stays that way......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2004, 08:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Sting Was A Product Of WCW, He Was WCW's Version Of Bret Hart. The Home Grown Talent Who Was Loyal Till The End And In A Sense Epitomized The Company. Whether Or Not He Would Have Become A Star In The WWF Is Debatable. The Blade Runners Split And Warrior Went To The WWF And Sting Went Off To The NWA/WCW. It Seems The Right Choice Had Been Made. Neither Were Good Wrestlers, But The Marks Love For Each Was So Substanial It Went Overlooked Many Times.

I Think History Will Overlook The Waining Days Of WCW And Sting, And Will Remember Him As One Of The Few Who Vince Didn't Create But Was A Wrestling Icon. But For The Same Reason The nWo Didn't Succeed In The WWE, For The Same Reason Bret Didn't Succeed In WCW, Sting Would Have Never Succeeded In WWE.

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote