ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What will Ric Flair's final legacy be?.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2004, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default What will Ric Flair's final legacy be?.....

Ric Flair, the Nature Boy, is a legend.....I think we can all agree upon that.....but, is he hanging on too long?.....will (possibly) the greatest of all time tarnish his legacy by hanging around and becoming Terry Funk revisited?....

Flair, the NWA champion, the WCW champion, the WWF champion.....is hurt right now, 55 years old, and still insists on being an in-ring performer on a consistent basis....

So, if he continues on and we see a broken down wreck where once was a proud and brilliant wrestler, will the fans continue to see the legend that is Ric Flair or will he end up being disdained by the common fan?.....

let's go.....I demand some responses.....

btw.....thanks to Exo for the push to make me a mod.....

now, I'm going to work.....you guys get in line and help out here......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Well I am seriously scared for Ric Flairs health, I always have the fear that he will get seriously hurt while wrestling. Ric Flair definately is a legend and deserves all the credit in the world, he paid his dues and got over with the fans. He was a champion in the NWA, WCW, and the WWF but that was years ago. I think Ric Flair has to let it go. I do respect Ric Flair for all he's done, but there are times when you have to let it go. I seriously hope he dosen't become Terry Funk and wrestle untill he's 65. If Ric Flair continues to wrestle than he would get hurt and it would be painful, a legend like Ric Flair should not have to retire because of an injury, if he retires it should be because he wants to. If Ric Flair continues to stay in the WWE than he should not wrestle, he should just be a manager for Evolution. So in my opinion I think Ric Flair should retire before he becomes seriously hurt
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Nothing will ever tarnish Flair's legacy. He will always be a legend. For christ's sake, if having your head shaved by Vince Russo, being placed in a mental asylum, and having been jobbed at to Rico barely blemishes your reputation, it just goes to show that while untarnishable diamonds in this buisness are rare, Flair is definetly one of them.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Personally, I think it would be best for him to get out of the ring. He can take a bump or blade job every now and then, but his time should really be spent working with the younger crew. Getting guys up to speed and teaching them what he's learned through the years. Experiences most of these guys will never have, he can teach them. But at some point, he needs to step down, and prolly soon.

Everyone will remember him for all the great things he's done, that won't change. He's just too big for that to happen. His legend hasn't been hurt by anything that's happened since he showed up back in wwe anyway. I mean, it's not like they made him Mr America or anything. But should he keep wrestling much longer, I think he's going to generate more resentment than anything else. Fans are going to wonder what this guy is still doing out there. It's hard to destroy your status as a legend, and I doubt it will ever happen in Flairs case, but there is something to be said about overstaying your welcome. And that's what I think he's in more danger of doing than anything else.

Also, Flair is 20 times the legend that Funk is.

btw, np oeo.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pimp Schnookie

Soundgarden420 can only hope to improveSoundgarden420 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Soundgarden420

Ric Flair, along with Hulk Hogan will die in the ring, It's just something they were born to do.
Old 06 Mar 2004, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Ric Flair Is The Greatest Ever, Bar None... 15 Years Ago, He Was Havin' ***** Matches With Ricky The Dragon, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, Big Van Vader...And To See Ric Flair In The New Millenium Put On One Of The Greatest Matches On RAW We Have Ever Seen With HHH Only Cements What Ric Flair Means To This Business....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2004, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

In no way does Flair Wrestling Now Tarnish his legacy...Sure..He may be hanging on to long...But it's not like that's going to tarnish all he's done in his carrer...His Final Legacy in my opinon will be all the World title Reigns...I think it's 15...correct me if I'm wrong..But when People say...The 15 time world Heavyweight Champion..Ric flair will pop into everyone's mind..it's that simple...and IMO...he's still not a really bad preformer....I'm not saying he should continue wrestling....But..He isn't really bad at all..
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

sabataged is on a distinguished road

I dont think you could ever tarnish Flair's legacy. His past speaks for itself. I just worry about his present. He is being wasted in Evolution. This guy should be the top manager in the game right now with his mic ability. He needs to be managing people that have no mic skill. Having him as a back drop for Orton or HHH is stupid. I think if you moved him over to Smackdown and paired him with the likes of Benjamin and Haas or maybe even the Basham's, even though I like The World Greatest Tag Team more, that he could be better utilized.
sabataged is offline   Reply With Quote