ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What happened?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2004, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default What happened?

We all like to complain how the WWE sucks currently, but what happened? When did it change?

and Did it really change, or did the fans?

Maybe we all just got older and the industry didnt age with us, I am beginning to believe that maybe wrestling is best viewed thru the eyes of a child. Maybe it can only truly be enjoyed when you take a big step back, and let yourself just believe what they show you.

I have watched wrestling for the majority of my life. I've seen stars come and go...and come back again.

Lately I can't seem to enjoy it so much....Help me understand why
Old 28 Jan 2004, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

i think i am going to stop reading spoilers, i think that way i will be more surprised, like i used to be. and also i enjoy going to indy events more than ever and seeing storylines that you can actually folow mixed with what i really came to see wrestling.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 02:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

It's just that you've been watching it for so long. It gets tiring after a while. I don't read spoilers and I usually avoid as much dirtsheet crap as I can. I could write 10 pages of what changed and what happened and where but in the end, it really doesn't make much difference. The fact is, whatever happened to the biz or to the fans can't be changed back. It's just an evolving business and sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. But wrestling is all about the frustration.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

six months ago, roughly, i came to this board.....before that, i had never (yes, never in my 30 years) read a spoiler.....i was disgusted with the condition of wrestling and disgusted with the WWE.....after consideration, i have determined that spoilers do not make me enjoy wrestling any more than before.....but, i still read them.....perhaps it is because i want to contribute to the site, perhaps i'm just becoming stupid.....either way, they have not changed my perspective on wrestling.....

what has changed, i believe, about the WWE is the mainstream fan.....and, like it or not, the mainstream fan is who they are out to please.....WWE wasn't about great wrestling before, but there was more of it.....then, they began to evolve with the attention spans of their fans.....shock value, quick matches, Jackie Gayda pulling down her top.....it gets more raunchy as the time goes by, but it has been around for quite a while now.....

as you learn more about the business, you begin to enjoy it less as a fan when the wrestling is devalued and the shock is increased.....do not lose faith in wrestling, Kurt.....wrestling still intrigues you, me, everyone who posts here in smarks.....it must, or we wouldn't consider ourselves fans.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote