ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

NWA/WCW Starrcade Vs. WWF Wrestlemania

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 2004, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default NWA/WCW Starrcade Vs. WWF Wrestlemania

Two Nights, Two Nights Every One Used To Circle On Their Calender... NWA/WCW Starcade And WWF Wrestlemania... WWF Had Hype On Their Side While NWA/WCW Had Talent And Pure Wrestling On Their Side...

Which Show Do You Look Back On And Consider To Hold A Greater Legacy... Sure Wrestlemania VI Was The Ultimate Challenge, But The Whole Show Leading Up To It Was Garbage..Starrcade '97 Was The Biggest Hyped Starrcade Of Them All, But The Main Event Was Beyond Garbage...

Starrcade '93 Gave Witness To A Great Match Between Contrasting Styles In Ric Flair And Big Van Vader...Wrestlemania X Saw One Of The Greatest Matches Ever Between Owen And Bret Hart...

What Show Was More Enjoyable, Which Show Had The Greater Legacy...
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2004, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

man, i'm gonna have to think on this for a while, because i want to give a really good response.....but this is what i've got off the top of my head.....

WCW was always more enjoyable for me to watch, so Starrcade wins.....all the way back to the Road Warriors and Sting.....they gave many great matches over the years, and for pure wrestling enjoyment, that was the best ppv of the year many times.....

WM is more of a spectacle, and will go down in wrestling history as the better of the two.....not because the overall matches are/were better than Starrcade.....more so because more mainstream (that's my latest buzzword) fans know about the WWE and WM than ever will remember WCW.....also, the WM's have quality matches more often than not.....thing is, with the WWE's version of wrestling, the quality matches from WM's are more memorable because there are so few matches to remember.....WCW had so many quality matches, it's tough to remember them all.....

i'll be back.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2004, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Well to put down a short answer right now and add more later, i'm going with starcade. I've seen EVERY wrestlemania and EVERY starcade and there's only 6 manias that I really liked from top to bottem, only ONE starcade left me disappointed as a fan.

But i'm going to go with the best ppv of them all...>THE CROCKET CUP!! The NCAA march madness of wrestling baby. Anyways when I saw sting vs flair, flair vs lugar, flair vs garin, skywalker matches, the iron man cup, I mean starcade is what made christmas. Fuck the gifts, starcade was the best gift I ever got, and it's a shame it's gone.

Mania is so predictable now days, and over the last decade mania has been the mcmahon show, over hyped celebs. I mean mania used to be a four hour ppv almost, the last few years it's been cut off at 2 and a half hours, and there's way to many backstage segments.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 03:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Is this a joke? WM is by far the greatest PPV. I mean, it's wresle-fucking-mania. I don't care what the card is or how many 4* matches there were or whatever comparison anybody wants to make. Nothing even has that aura of excitment about it, or that level of atticipation.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote