ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What if Jannetty had turned on HBK instead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2003, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default What if Jannetty had turned on HBK instead?

Ok, we all know about the barber shop episdoe. HBK had to decide to stay as Marty's tag team partner and shake hands or walk away. Would HBK be where he's at today had he not turned on Jannetty, but Marty had turned on HBK?

I mean surely the women would have loved HBK and sided with him, but could Marty have pulled off the angle against HBK and gotten all the heat for this? And if he had gotten the heat, would it have changed Marty's career and goten him over as the monster heel and HBK left out in the cold not pulling off the babyface, or would this have failed miserably?

I was discussing this with a friend last night and I think it would've failed, yet he thought Marty might have pulled it off. This was clearly one of the decisions that Vince did right. Funny thing is, my buddy has the dirtsheets from the last 13 years and pulled out the one on that angle. The original deal was Marty was supposed to turn on HBK and go face but Vince changed his mind right before the taping of the barber shop.

Smart move I think.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2003, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Well the way I see it, it would have been harder for Jannety to succed in the WWF then Michaels. I always remember watching the Rockers and loving how well they worked together. They were never WWF world champions, but that was alright because it was more realistic. The thing that stands out clear in my mind was Jannety was the better of the two in the team. He use to come up with some pretty innovative moves inside the ring. I'll never forget Surviver Series 88' when Nikoli Volkof try to hip-toss Jannety and he did this sidewyas spinning counter, that I have never seen done since. He was the stronger link in the majority of their match's from what i remember also. As in Shawn was the one to get worn down and Jennety was the one to get tag in after 10 minutes of double team.

I think that you must take into occount that this is the WWF, and so the main thing that matters is how well you entetain outside of the ring also.....Michaels, had more charisma, the blond hair hair, I guess the look that Vince was trying to push.....Where as Marty i think did more of his shining inside of the ring. Michaels could preform in the ring, not as good as Jannety, but had the potentail to be huge on the mic. That in the ability to fly high is really all Vince needed........Now if this was the WCW or NWA I could diffenly see Jannety being going somewhere as a heel or as a face.....Though what i do think we see now is a different but simular situation in the Hardy Boyz story...I truly think that Vince was really trying to push Jeff Hardy to be something big, the drug abuse and the shitty preformence week after week finally ended his chances to be the next major face. Matt is just now truly gettig reconized, I'd say in the last 4 or 5 months. And I only think that this is happing because Jeff blew his own chance......But Matt has truned out to be not so bad.....I remember when the Hardys were a tag team, people said that Jeff was gonna go on and be a star, and Matt didn't have what it took........But once he got the chance and a deceant gimmick he turned out to be pretty damn good imo....though i do think receantly, he has been kind of repetitive inside of the ring........Who knows if Marty may have been given a real chance he might have been just as big as Michaels.....I do remember those two having some pretty good match's after the breakup....There was a cage match that was pretty buzzworthy.........................

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2003, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Actually you're wrong on the world tag team title situation. They defeated the Hart Foundation on a house show and held the title for close to a week before dropping them on another house show. It was never recognised on wwf tv, but it's in the wrestling almanac and title history for confirmation.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2003, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^^^though i read that somewhere.....on to the question.....

at the time of the split, Jannetty was probably the more talented of the two in the ring.....Michaels was more committed to partying and women than his job.....thing of it was, Michaels had what Jannetty didn't.....Michaels had "it", as so few wrestlers do.....i think if Jannetty had been the one, he would not have failed, because he had the ring ability, he had the heart and he had the mic ability.....but, in the annals of wrestling, he would never have been classed as being what HBK is.....Jannetty couldn't have become a legend because of the "it" factor.....HBK could have been a face then and still come through it, because he does.....

what i'm trying to say here is this.....everyone has an opinion about HBK, be it good or bad.....Jannetty is a guy who was beyond solid, a great contributor.....in the end, not that many people would care.....

i will use baseball as an example: Raul Ibanez for the past three seasons put up 20hr, 100 rbi and a .300 batting average......above average numbers, extremely consistent, good fielder......noboby really cares about him......

on the other hand, Andruw Jones hits .260 with 100 rbi and is constantly an all-star.....he has it, whatever "it" is......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2003, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dre

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodice
Actually you're wrong on the world tag team title situation. They defeated the Hart Foundation on a house show and held the title for close to a week before dropping them on another house show. It was never recognised on wwf tv, but it's in the wrestling almanac and title history for confirmation.
No, what happend was they won the titles, but the decesion was overturned, because in that match, the ring post snapped....thus them not appearing on TV as the world champions, and the decesion being revesed...takes any credibility of them being the tag champs....Shane Douglas was more of the IC champ then the Rockers were Tag champs.

oeo, it was the other way around, with Marty and Shawn, Marty was the one that was partying and not commited.....However he was a damn good amature wrestler in high school. I also think that after Marty got over the partying injuries prohibited him comming back to where he once was.

Old 10 Dec 2003, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

man, i must be asleep this morning, Dre.....you're right, don't know what i was thinking there.....the rest of my post stands.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2003, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dre

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
man, i must be asleep this morning, Dre.....you're right, don't know what i was thinking there.....the rest of my post stands.....
All you gotta do is blame it on this guy----> , like i always blame it on that guy ----> lol

Old 11 Dec 2003, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

To Clarify....Jim Neidhart Had Been Let Go By Vince And The WWF. So Vince Had The Hart Foundation Drop The Belt To The Rockers....It Just So Happened, The Top Rope Had Broke, Nonetheless, The Rockers Won The Tag Titles...A Week Or So Later, Vince And Neidhart Were Able To Negotiate A New Contract. Vince Wanted The Titles Back On The Hart Foundation, He Used The Top Rope Incident As An Excuse For The Switch....A Freak Accident That Just Happened To Play Into Vince's Hand....

Great Posts Ice, Dre And OEO

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote