ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you miss wCw?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Aug 2002, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
I'm Kidding

Jobbin' is on a distinguished road
Default Do you miss wCw?

I miss it a lot. Not just because it was an alternativer to the WWE, but because it had it's moments of greatness. The cruiserweight division was pushed big time and they had some great storylines.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

I really hated what WCW had become during its last run....With the New Blood and Millionaire's Club and all that bullshit...... I do miss the days of the nWo....Even the days before that with Cactus Jack...Sting....Big Van Vader....Flair..... Kevin Sullivan.... Hollywood Blondes....The Dragon and so on

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2002, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Next Big Mod

Highspeed is on a distinguished road

I just downloaded the Sting vs. Cactus Jack match from Bash At The Beach!
Highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2002, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

You mean where good ol' JR actually commentates and names wrestling moves instead of...Ohh look at those educated feet....What a slobber knocker.....High impact move....It's funny how they made such a big deal of Cactus and Sting not being in the ring in the beginning where now its normal to see men thrown off steel cages....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2002, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

seems like a day, and a million years ago sting would drop down from the rafters
Old 29 Aug 2002, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Next Big Mod

Highspeed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by StarScream
seems like a day, and a million years ago sting would drop down from the rafters
And beat the shit out of the nWo with his bat...
Highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2002, 01:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
DjmSpinarooni

Not a Monday or Thursday night goes by that I don't think "Damn, I miss WCW"

Especially seeing the Cruiserweight division in WWE and where it's at right now.

Commentary-wise as well. When it came to announcers, I was always a big fan of Mike Tenay, and Micheal Cole just annoys the blue, orange, and green hell outta me.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

The Weadazoid is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Weadazoid
Default Oh give me A hell yeah

Yes I do because it was always a mattter of great interest when someone who was an Established star on one program jumped ship, it always created excitement, when say Flair charged into the WWF ship challenging Hogan being that at the time Flair and Hogam were exact opposites, Hogan being the qiuntisential face and Flair the best Heal in the business it was alomost as if the number 1 guy in WCW was exactly the opposite of the number 1 guy in WWF back then, man those days were great!

I miss Goldberg and the monster Scott Steiner.

Storylines could be poor nut other were so great, like

The NWO nuff said, the NWO wasn't even a stable by definitions nor was it a cliq it was apirate network operateing from within when it started.

Big Poppa Pumps return after surgery on his back, right after Brett recreated the NWO, I realy thought Scott was out he was in a back brace and he practically had tears in his eyes anouncing retirement! Then he Joins the NWO and Flexes for everyone WOW!!!!!
The Weadazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

colin_lefevre is on a distinguished road

i do miss the competition factor with wcw and ecw being around, forcing the wwe to come up with creative storylines, but i didnt like wcw very much to watch... so i dont know.. i guess so
colin_lefevre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Tamara Sanchez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tamara Sanchez Send a message via AIM to Tamara Sanchez

I loved each and every second of WCW , even in its last breath . Yeah , I liked the New blood vs. Millionares Club - storyline and I even liked the 3 Count - gimmick . I miss WCW !
Old 30 Aug 2002, 06:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Quiet you

Apocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-able

I miss wcw alot, all the great matches they had, mainly the cruiserweights and the WCW vs NWO angle, I miss just about everything of WCW.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 08:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Default Miss WCW??

Hello all,

I can tell you simply that I miss WCW before the days of WCW....what you ask? I miss the NWA and even before that....Mid-Atlantic and before that...Georgia Championship Wrestling. War Games cage matches were great and all the gimmick matches...how about the infamous Greg Valentine-Roddy Piper dog collar classic or the Tully Blanchard vs Magnum T.A. cage matches? What about Dusty Rhodes and The Rock & Roll Express feuding with The Four Horsemen in bunkhouse matches? The Bunkhouse Stampede Events? Those were the days!!!
Old 31 Aug 2002, 10:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I miss WCW alot....I miss Sting the most
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2002, 01:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I do miss the WCW, it was always my fav over WWF as i was growing up. Then NWA, it was the best to watch, always seemed more real than the WWF circus. I got fed up with WCW there at the end, but i wish it were still around.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2002, 07:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Tamara Sanchez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tamara Sanchez Send a message via AIM to Tamara Sanchez

I especially liked WCW more than WWE , cuzz they cared for their German fans ! WWE has no tv-channel here for about 2 years now and they come here once in three years . Is this fan-friendly ?