ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Can some explain the Rock Vs John Cena rivalry going on to me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

RR9 Representin_ Boston is on a distinguished road
Default Can some explain the Rock Vs John Cena rivalry going on to me?

when i was younger i was a huge wrestling fan, but after wrestlemania 25 i lost interest but after i heard that the rock was fighting john cena i wanted to know what was going on between them to have them book a match 10 months prior which in my opinion seems very nontraditional of the wwe to do, but i assume its for media, money, and promoting reasons. so could so one explain to me or summarize the whole story-line.
RR9 Representin_ Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Playmaker is on a distinguished road

Look on their Twitter. That rivalry is very Hulkamaniac.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Senor Jimmy is on a distinguished road

It's a stupid rivalry if you ask me.

They're both arguing over the internet like two 1st graders.It's a boring and stale rivalry.

It'll pick up steam after Royal Rumble.
Senor Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2011, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Laith D is on a distinguished road

The Rock returned on RAW and was announced as the host of Wrestlemania. He did a promo and called out John Cena on some comments he had said about The Rock in the past. They go back and forth in promos for weeks until Wrestlemania. During wrestlemania John Cena wrestled The Miz for the WWE championship. The Rock ended up costing Cena the match.

The next night on RAW Cena challenged The Rock to a match at the next Wrestlemania (so they actually booked it 12 months in advance). The Rock agreed and Cena promised to have the WWE title for the match. Since then The Rock hasn't been back and pretty much sticks to insulting Cena over twitter.
Laith D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2011, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

U Think U Know Me-Best In The World is on a distinguished road

On the February 14, 2011 episode of Raw, The Rock was revealed as the Host of WrestleMania XXVII, appearing live on Raw for the first time in almost seven years. During a lengthy promo that ran 20 minutes over the usual Raw end time, The Rock addressed the fans, Michael Cole, The Miz, and John Cena, calling him a big fat bowl of Fruity Pebbles, as a response of a shoot interview Cena did on The Rock a couple of years ago .On the February 21 edition of Raw, Cena rapped on The Rock, the guest host of WrestleMania, in response to some comments against him the week before. The Rock had mocked Cena's colorful shirts by calling him a big fat bowl of Fruity Pebbles and his You Can't See Me gimmick by referring to it as him playing peek-a-boo.

After numerous via satellite appearances, The Rock made a live appearance on Raw to confront Cena, whom he had been feuding with through social networking. At the beginning of The Rock's live promo, he again made fun of Cena's accessories, calling him a homeless power ranger and Vanilla Ice. After an exchange of words with Cena, The Miz and Alex Riley appeared and attacked The Rock. The Rock fended off Miz and Riley, but Cena then blindsided The Rock with the Attitude Adjustment on The Rock in retaliation to their feud.

At WrestleMania XXVII on April 3, The Rock opened the show by cutting a promo. After numerous backstage segments that aired on camera, The Rock appeared during the main event between Cena and The Miz to restart the match that ended in a draw, making it a No Disqualifications match. However, in response to the Attitude Adjustment that Cena performed on The Rock on Raw, The Rock hit Cena with his finisher, the Rock Bottom, this allowed The Miz to pin and retain his title. However, Rock then nailed The Miz with The People's Elbow right after The Miz retained his title.

The next night on Raw, The Rock and Cena had a confrontation, after Cena called out The Rock and challenged him to a match which he accepted for WrestleMania XXVIII on April 1, 2012. The two of them then came together to fend off an attack by The Corre (which at that time consisted of Wade Barrett, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Ezekiel Jackson).The Rock made an appearance live on Raw in his hometown of Miami on May 2, 2011 to celebrate his 39th birthday.On the same night John Cena stated that he would keep the WWE Championship until WrestleMania XXVIII so that their match would be for the WWE Championship.
U Think U Know Me-Best In The World is offline   Reply With Quote