ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do people hate backyard wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2011, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Josh Surratt is on a distinguished road
Default Why do people hate backyard wrestling?

Speaking as a Backyard Wrestler whom has trained for 3 years has wrestled for 7, why is our practices frowned upon by most people? At my wrestling Federation, we bought a legit ring, practice 3 hours every Monday through Friday have events on Saturday. I Take the time to explain moves to wrestlers, so they can do them with less chance of injury. We know its staged scripted, we have our storylines fill about 50 seats every Saturday for $5. We also sell DVD's locally. so i am confused about why people do not like our practices. The worst injury ever obtained in our federation was a twisted ankle, so why do people hate us?

our federation is FWA, Federal Wrestling Alliance, i copyrighted the name in 2007 started a few months ago, as soon as we get a camera, videos will be uploaded
Josh Surratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Screech Powers is on a distinguished road

most people on here seem to not like it,

but some do, i like it if it is a good product, sounds like you guys do it right

whats the name of your federation?

you got any youtube videos?
Screech Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

susudio is on a distinguished road

wrestling in a backyard venue is just a little bit too dangerous. i don't think that people don't respect or applaud you passion for wrestling itself it is your choice of venue and practice area. i applaud your passion but there are too many variables that can't be prevented or predicted in a backyard venue. the potential for serious injury is much more likely than in an enclosed and supervised area or arena. you must admit that even in the official rings there have been some serious accidents that have happened to excellent professionals (ie; owen hart) doing rehearsed stunts.

i hope that you don't lose your passion for doing what you love doing. however, i hope that you begin doing it under better circumstances. i hope to see you in the real ring sometime whether it is on tough enough, roh or even impact. good luck to you and all your co-wrestlers!
susudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

James Mc is on a distinguished road

You say that you train and that you do what you can to reduce injury. I believe you, but think for a moment about how many unregulated backyard wrestling organizations there are that don't do that. The tendency for injury skyrockets in backyard wrestling. You may be doing your part to minimize those injuries but a lot of people aren't. I'd dare say the vast majority of backyard wrestlers don't.

By the way thumbs up for doing the training and minimizing the injuries. Keep it up and good luck.
James Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

You Already Know That is on a distinguished road

i think its funny to watch, even though yall arent that great at wrestling, i just like the hardcore stuff
You Already Know That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 09:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

OOHAY is on a distinguished road

When people think of Backyard wrestling, they think stupid untrained kids who are just copying what they see on TV.
OOHAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The 90s Sucked is on a distinguished road

Claiming to be a backyard wrestler is like claiming to be the best singer at the local Karaoke bar.......if you were any good you would of been signed by somebody by now.
The 90s Sucked is offline   Reply With Quote