ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What would you of done if you were Vince back in 1997 concerning the Montreal Screw Job?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jun 2011, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

Joey ? is on a distinguished road
Default What would you of done if you were Vince back in 1997 concerning the Montreal Screw Job?

So the year is 1997 and survivor series is coming up and your WWF champion is leaving he dosent want to drop the belt in his home town of Canada.

Would you trust bret that he wouldnt leave with the title? Would you screw Bret? What would you do

If YOU were vince what would you of done and why?
Joey ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2011, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The 90s Sucked is on a distinguished road

Screw over everybody and make myself the top star.....what that is what really happened.
The 90s Sucked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2011, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Aaron Mccloz is on a distinguished road

I would have screwed Bret because I wouldn't have wanted to take the risk of Bret defacing the WWF Title on WCW Nitro.

If Bret actually did end up defacing the WWF Title on Nitro, it would have been disaster.
Aaron Mccloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2011, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Stu Dubb is on a distinguished road

I would have stripped the Title off Bret if he refused to comply BEFORE the match actually took place

That would have been a heck of a lot better than screwing Bret during the man itself...
Stu Dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2011, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

If I, ME, had been running the WWF then, I would have honored my word to Bret and had the title switch a few days later when the WWF came back to the U.S. In that world built on deception and con games, compared to most other pro wrestlers, Bret was a trustworthy saint. It was Vince's idea for Bret to seek out employment with WCW in the first place, not Bret's. Bret didn't want to leave the WWF, but he wanted the money Vince signed a contract to pay him. Because Vince couldn't pay Bret what Bret's contract called for, Bret decided to take Vince up on his insistence that Bret go to WCW.

It was Shawn Michaels and Triple H who manipulated Vince into believing that Bret was never going to do the title switch and was going to take the WWF World Title to WCW.

I, ME, would have trusted Bret to keep his word about doing the title switch a few days later in the U.S.; Bret hadn't given Vince any reason to doubt him. Quietly, though, I would have put the WWF's corporate lawyer on alert to prepare for the chance that Bret MIGHT renege and go to WCW with the WWF Title anyway.

I would have trusted Bret. Then again, I'm not a cold-blooded paranoid corporate tyrant scared of being driven out of business by my competition.

There was no need whatsoever for Vince to screw Bret over like that, in public no less. It was a case of a scared paranoid desperate man being manipulated by a couple of selfish con-men who were doing everything they could to get Shawn Michaels on top of the WWE. It was terrible for business; not only did it break kayfabe it showed the world what kind of petty and scared (of WCW) desperate man Vince really was.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote