ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Cena fans did you know?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

CENAFAN FOREVER is on a distinguished road
Default Cena fans did you know?

John Cena has recently been named the 5th top WWE champ of all time?

He has a combined 1000 days of reigns!! The top 5 are:

1. Bruno San Martino

2. Hulk Hogan

3. Bob Borkland

4. Pedro Morales (1027)

5. John Cena

He is now tied with HHH with 8 WWE titles to date!!
CENAFAN FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Nuran C is on a distinguished road

cool
Nuran C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Mark is on a distinguished road

Weather you're a Cena fan or not i don't think it actually matters really!

The WWE title has lost it's prestige over the years, especially in the last 5! I'm a FORMER Cena fan, but i shall remain unbiased in this case. Cena works his butt off to give the WWE credibility, his passion is second to none and he does a great job as ambassador.

But having a combined total reign of 1000 days is obviously backstage marketing, rather than his wrestling skills, as it was back in the days of Samartino and Backlund, back then wrestling mattered more than viewing figures.

Today the WWE title is a passport to WWE stardom and recognition, rather than a sign of good wrestling skill, Cena is a good showman, nothing more, and at times he can be a great wrestler, as we saw in his first few years with the company.

Basically what i'm getting at is, Cena reign as champ is based largely on appeal and showmanship, as opposed to good solid mat wrestling.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

N. W. is on a distinguished road

Overrated SOB
N. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

K Town Punk is on a distinguished road

WOW! Thats so nice. Its a very proud moment for all the Cena marks i mean fans! More than 1000 days of reign? Thats just amazing, after all he's ALWAYS maineventing in every PPVs has been constantly maineventing WrestleMania since 21 for every WWE/World Championship match. He's burried i mean beaten ever young talent superstar along the way. I dont think anyone or any face has ever hogged the spotlight more than Johnny boy. Not even Hogan lol. I hope that he continues to ENTERTAIN us like he ALWAYS does i hope that he tops the list. Oh wait, since he's selling merchandise like hot cakes, i bet he'll top the list in a couple of years, after all, the WWE today is all about making money than giving the fans what they want. The WWE doesn't care for talent anyways. They obviously give the happy meal toy sorry The WWE Championship to someone who sells the most colourful merchandise. Well all i'll do is wish him(John) luck for the upcoming future i PRAY that he holds the title continuosly for another decade so that he may yet again break another record making all of us women children(who BTW are the truest of fans) happy.
K Town Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

They Took Our Jobs! is on a distinguished road

very impressive. he will be number one soon, because he will hold the title till WM28.

isn't it so boring to see long reigns...

maximum reign should be a month.
They Took Our Jobs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Liam Catterson - The Last TimeLord is on a distinguished road

Yup, A true Cena fan knows this

Day 1002 of the WWE Championship. Proof that Cena is the best wrestler in the company today. He is the number one guy to hold the WWE title in combined days out of todays roster by miles

CENATION FOREVER
Liam Catterson - The Last TimeLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

komets.geo is on a distinguished road

So do today's wwe fans really have no idea about the great wrestlers of the past? Or are you maybe trying to make fun of a couple of them by trashing their names?

Number 1 on that list is Bruno Sammartino. He is one of the greatest ever, so try to get his name CORRECT.

Also # 3 on the list is Bob Backlund. Again he was one of the best, so if you are trying to make fun of him, it is time to stop. I am not a Cena hater and do not like to cut people down because they like any wrestler. But both of those guys were far better wrestlers than John Cena will ever be. If you got the names wrong by mistake, maybe it is time to read up on your history of the past.

Edit:

Just because someone is more over with the fans does NOT make him the best wrestler. Some people get things confused obviously. Just being over with fans that don't know much about actual wrestling, doesn't make them great wrestlers. Some of the top stars in the wwe today, don't even need to know the difference between a wrist lock and a wrist watch. So being over with the fans might make them good entertainers, but that is totally different from making them great wrestlers.
komets.geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Steven D is on a distinguished road

Yeah and it's really boring now.
Steven D is offline   Reply With Quote