ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why is it that so many people complain that John Cena and Randy Orton headline all the PPVs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jun 2011, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

CENAFAN FOREVER is on a distinguished road
Default Why is it that so many people complain that John Cena and Randy Orton headline all the PPVs?

If they bothered to do a little research they would discover that between 1999 and 2002 some combination of Rock/Austin/HHH/Taker headlined EVERY PPV during those 4 years!!! Good thing the IWC did not exist then huh?

So let's see - most of the answers here say they are tired of Cena/Orton being on top? Read these stats:

In 1999 the rock main-evented 4 major PPVs and he lost in all of them due to interference (not clean losses

In 2000 the rock main-evented 7 PPVs. He won 5 of them CLEANLY and lost 2 due to interference (again not clean losses)

In 2001 The rock main -evented 3 PPVs. He won 2 cleanly and lost 1 due to interference (not clean loss).

But you people want to complain about Cena /Orton headlining all the PPVs and constantly complain that Cena NEVER loses cleanly yet praise the rock for doing the same thing? Talk about your double standards!! The only time the rock started losing cleanly to ANYONE was when he decided to go to Hollywood full time!!!
CENAFAN FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

poundCake! is on a distinguished road

Wrestling is dead.

What is IWC? International Watch Company??
poundCake! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

CDMAX is BACK! is on a distinguished road

because it's obvious that they will either win or lose dirty, why should we waste our money on PPV where we no the results
CDMAX is BACK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

The Dominator (G.O.A.T) is on a distinguished road

But all of them didnt had the title non-stop like Cena Orton. Plus non of them is unbeatable like Superman Cena
The Dominator (G.O.A.T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
s l
Jobber

s l is on a distinguished road

First of all, never put John Cena and Randy Orton up there with 4 of the greatest wrestlers (Rock/Austin/HHH/Taker) and Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair are also some of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Although, I love Cena and Orton but they are nowhere compared to Rock/Austin/HHH/Taker/HBK/Hogan/Ric Flair.
s l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

??????? is on a distinguished road

Because they cant wrestle and are over rated, they don't deserve the stature they have. They were basically handed it by the WWE.
??????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Mr. Yaw is on a distinguished road

Because they're never satisfied

We bring back The Rock, Austin, Booker T, Trish Stratus, Piper, and even Shawn Michaels, and yet they still whine and complain.
Mr. Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Beauty Queen is on a distinguished road

Because Randy Orton and Cena use 5 moves of doom to win matches !
Beauty Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Young Noob

?hcha?pi??ap?xpr?dat?? is on a distinguished road

Because it doesn't make sense for the same superstars to main event all the time; there are other WWE superstars who have the potentional, mic skills, ring abilities, and charisma to become a main eventer. It just gets plain boring seeing the same thing all the time.
?hcha?pi??ap?xpr?dat?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

LION is on a distinguished road

people have their own divided opinion of the whole situation. for some now this is the greatest era of Sports entertainment... for others the time you are describing is a bit more rough around the edges there fore making it more classic and entertaining because now there are too many straight edges... its hard to explain with out rambling... i hope you catch what i mean though...
LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
J P
Fresh Noob

J P is on a distinguished road

Yea i agree they need to give other ppl opportunities or else it get boring n its same old story
J P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Guyzwitgunz is on a distinguished road

But they had better gimmicks than Orton and Cena they werent so damn boring and they didnt squash there opponents every match.
Guyzwitgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jobber

They Took Our Jobs! is on a distinguished road

Rock/Austin/HHH/Taker are way more entertaining than Cena and Orton

our new champs only use handfull of moves and do the same thing over and over.
They Took Our Jobs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 12:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Coach Hines is on a distinguished road

Go to bed Lil' Jimmeh.
Coach Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 01:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jobber

?????m? r???d « ph???m???? ?h?mp´?? is on a distinguished road

Let me get this straight, yes you are right Cena and Orton are too much hated by IWC, WWE Universe. Yes you are right nobody did ever anything bay about Rock, Austin and HHH, every body thought they were just great and never did they say they were overrated.

I say I am not really into Cena right now, as yeah I would say its not his fault that Vince pushes him that much and gives him a victory every of his matches, but I mean common man, Cena knows there are other like 20-30 wrestlers who are waiting for their moment hopefully to become champions themselves and have a chance to prove them selves, Cena knows that! But he seems kinda of ignorant to that part, yeah he is really a nice person in real life, nice his to his fans and stuff but he could do same thing as Jericho, he could take responsibility himself and ask Vince to give the younger generation to prove them selves and the ones who aren't used right to give them a chance. Let's face it John doesn't need 100 titles in the company, he has already had 11 championships, why have more? I mean at least keep him from the title picture for quite some time, he's done every thing to prove him self, he doesn't need to get 5 titles more in 2 years to prove that he is already a face of the company, Cena can feud in non titles matches against some guys like Del Rio, Truth who ever is good for him to feud while giving other young generation wrestlers to prove themselves!

I won't hide it about Orton, I hate him. If he would be just the guy who would do his job I would be quite ok with him on his big push. But the problem is he is b*tching too much back stage, unlike Cena he just keeps burrying every one back stage. He fired one of the most talented guys in WWE, Mr.Kennedy Anderson, he turned Kofi Kingston life time mid carder and he burried Punk for 6 months which caused him to leave. So for me there are no excuses for Orton, he is b*tching too much back stage which he should not do!

Now about Rock, Austin, Triple H. To be honest I am not their fans, I like them but not anything like that. Rock to me he just seems to be in great mic skills, to be honest I don't see him being better in ring skills than John Cena, so not really special about the Rock just love his mic skills thats all. Same goes to Stone Cold except I think his ring skills are pretty good, I like Austin more than Rock but again not like to death or anything. Triple H he seems to be ok with me, but he is too kinda of Orton, he is got back stage power and he has done some things I didn't really have respect for.

There fore yes I agree, its kinda of funny how Rock/ Austin/HHH are treated better by people than Cena and Orton. I would say I am on neutral side I am on neither side. But I say sure with all respect to John Cena him busting his a** off, working hard, great talker and maybe little respect I have for Orton who b*tches all the time back stage (no offence but that's the truth), I would have to say stop pushing both superstars way too much. Yes WWE has done the same mistake before the same story with Rock, HHH and Austin, but DO realize WWE CANNOT live in the past, come up with NEW Ideas! Develop their YOUNG talents, build up their wrestlers, give Cena and Orton away keep them from title picture for a while. I told every body else, if Cena and Orton were going to be champions every year will result in a big WWE superstar leaving the company! And guess what I am right, in just a month CM Punk is leaving a company, big loss for Vince that's why they need to stop pushing same superstars all the same time other wise we will have other big superstars leaving and fans them selves leaving which nobody want!

So yeah I say I have respect for the guys who do they are told to do who are nice guys such as Cena, I love even more the guys who give other wrestlers a chance such as Jericho and I hate the guys who are b*tching wrestlers back stage and burrying them down such as Orton.

You don't have to agree with me, you can disagree with me for all I care I stated my opinion, continuing the same mistake, keep pushing same superstars will just keep burrying the company down!
?????m? r???d « ph???m???? ?h?mp´?? is offline   Reply With Quote