ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Does anyone else think this might happen?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2011, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

CENAFAN FOREVER is on a distinguished road
Default Does anyone else think this might happen?

If CM Punk wins the WWE title at MITB and then leaves the WWE maybe it will be a scenario like either Wrestlemania IV or Survivor Series 1998. The title was vacated and there was a 14 man elimination tournament for the title. Randy Savage won the title at Wrestlemania IV and the rock beat mankind for the vacated WWE title at SS. On Raw 6/13/11 CM Punk stated that by giving him the match with John Cena SCSA has just set into motion something that would change the WWE landscape. Could this happen? Maybe the main event at Wrestlemania 28 will be a championship match but with neither the rock or John Cena going in as champ?
CENAFAN FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

WoLpAcLeAd is on a distinguished road

cena wil win(again)

if punk does win, he might show up on raw loose the title to a mitb winner
WoLpAcLeAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

There is no way that could possibly happen. There is no way WWE would put the belt on somebody and let them left WWE with it.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

PurpleGorilla is on a distinguished road

As much as I would love to see CM Punk wins the WWE Title and leaves the WWE as the WWE Champion like Edge did for the World Heavyweight Champion, It will never happen in a million years unless Cena gets injured so he couldn't participate in a match and take a long break. But I agree with you on Wrestlemania 28 where neither of John Cena or The Rock is WWE Champion. Wrestlemania 28 will be Cena's second Non-title Match besides Wrestlemania 20.
PurpleGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Nate Schimmerman is on a distinguished road

Well WWE is not real, so if you think as the directors of the show you would make the most interesting thing happen. If you ask me, Cm Punk winning the Title due to the power to the people match, And compared to some other interesting matches, It would not be that interesting if he won the title. I think he will lose
Nate Schimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

CM Punk is on a distinguished road

RUMOR. Punk wins title, acts all sad about having to leave. Crowd cheers him to leave. Then he goes...oh wait.... I forgot to say... I re signed my contract tonight! And his song goes on, and he leaves champ. I think he wins, and stays in the WWE
CM Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Clark W-Shephard (Thank you Edge) is on a distinguished road

That's possible, but I don't think Vince McMahon would want someone leaving his company for any period of time, even if they are slated to return later, as the WWE Champion. I mean, that was what the whole mess with Bret Hart was about back in 1997. Why would that have changed now?

I'm not saying it won't happen, because the WWE loves to shake things up whenever ratings slump, which they have been lately (although that can probably be attributed to a post-Wrestlemania sag, which happens almost every year), and that usually begins with the main event scene and the established order.

Personally, I'm not really sure how I feel about that happening. On the one hand, John Cena is my favorite wrestler, and I don't want to see him lose the title because I'm really enjoying his current championship run. But on the other hand, it would be a cool angle for CM Punk, another wrestler I enjoy watching who really hasn't done anything particularly significant in ages. So I suppose I'm a bit torn. If I had to lean one way over the other however, I would have the two of them (Cena and Punk) tear the house down and have Cena win the match and retain the gold via submission. I know that the mindless Cena-haters in this section would despise that finish, but they whine every time Cena wins, so that's not really a big deal.
Clark W-Shephard (Thank you Edge) is offline   Reply With Quote