ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What are your thoughts on Sting saying he was close with signing with WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

??????? ?. ?????g?? ??g? ??????? is on a distinguished road
Default What are your thoughts on Sting saying he was close with signing with WWE?

Sting also said he came close to signing with WWE. Yes, I was contacted by WWE people, Sting said. The vignettes I can honestly tell you that I do not understand that one even now, unless it was some kind of deal where they were just trying to test the waters, I really don?t know, because so many people were saying, ?I hope it?s Sting, I hope it?s Sting.'I thought, 'Gosh, I wonder if they?re going to shoot themselves in the foot there by making this choice, because if things do not work out, why did they do it to begin with?' I had all kinds of things going through my head. But, yeah, I was very, very close to going up there, and I believe there probably would have been something with Undertaker. That was the word at least.
??????? ?. ?????g?? ??g? ??????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

gbturp is on a distinguished road

Sting as in the singer? Why would he ever destroy his reputation by doing something so dumb? Who joins the WWE? Who even watches it?
gbturp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Alpha Male is on a distinguished road

I think Vinnie Mac would probably make Sting job to Taker every week on Smackdown
Alpha Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

??? ??? ????? is on a distinguished road

well i respect sting decision but i did hope he signed with the WWE because a match with the undertaker would have been awesome
??? ??? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

????, T?? C???? ?f ??? Ev??? is on a distinguished road

His decision is to stay in TNA is his but he would have been awesome to see in WWE. A match with The Undertaker would have Match Of The Year or if it was at Mania, it could have been the greatest match of all time.
????, T?? C???? ?f ??? Ev??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

?????m? r???d  ph???m???? ?h?mp?? is on a distinguished road

To be honest I respect Sting's decision really much and I respect him for that!

Sting in my opinion probably one of the smartest people in wrestling business if not the smartest! He is not blind unlike a lot of other wrestlers, he knew and still knows that going to WWE would destroy his career! Let's face it he wouldn't probably get as much air time as he gets in TNA every week as WWE always has John Cena and Randy Orton every week and there fore would be no time for Sting, he wouldn't get as much championship tittles as he gets in TNA if he would even get I doubt he would last really long as I don't even think Vince really likes him, I don't even think he would get enough respect from Vince McMahon!

Do realize TNA was a smart choice for him, he wanted a small quite company where he would just do what he needs to do, have good strong and pride fans of his company TNA unlike WWE fans who are always complaining and majority who are rooting for John Cena and Randy Orton all the time. The other reason Sting wouldn't choose WWE as his company is because TNA doesn't have such a thing as back stage politics which can screw you up big time as you see Orton burries every wrestler in WWE, he screwed up Mr. Anderson who was hell of a wrestler for WWE, he screwed Kofi etc. Sting didn't want and doesn't want it to happen to him of coarse!

Let's face it of coarse Undertaker vs Sting would of been probably the greatest match in WWE history, but lets face it do you think Sting really would have a chance to win his match against Taker at Wrestlemania and finish off his streak? Of Coarse not!! With Vince and WWE Booking Team NEVER! They would use Sting as a toy, as a tool to just make Undertaker look even better, they would never make their original WWF wrestler to loose to how they would call some unfortunate old wrestler Sting from WCW and TNA!

Thats why I respect Sting, he is really smart in wrestling business, thats why I respect him big time, he can really foresee his career if he would be in WWE and he has a brain that unfortunately many people in wrestling business lack big time!
?????m? r???d  ph???m???? ?h?mp?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Unknown is on a distinguished road

Sting is full of shit
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 04:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

Jax Luv is on a distinguished road

Sting never had a interest in WWE after Vince bought the company in 2001. I've heard different things from Sting himself via youtube and read in magazines. Had Sting showed up instead of Goldberg back in 03 I think, It would have been awesome and still would have been the best debut in WWE.

One thing i heard sting say, is he didn't like how the WCW guys were portrayed. Booker T jumped in the middle of the Rocks match once, and there was the Rock starring Booker down and he mouthed to booker Who are you? Sting didn't like that and that kept him away from the company. At least at that time he said it did.
Jax Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

beanz00 is on a distinguished road

Bring back Bruno Sammertino
beanz00 is offline   Reply With Quote