ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do people complain about Cena and Orton being superheroes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2011, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Danny is on a distinguished road
Default Why do people complain about Cena and Orton being superheroes?

When Austin and Rock were the superheroes of their time? What about Hogan and Savage?

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dao
Fresh Noob

Dao is on a distinguished road

Because they are all....Hypocrites
Dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

??? ??????? ??? is on a distinguished road

Different era.......

They were cool superheros and had better gimmicks, that and the crowd loved both of them, whether face or heel.

The Attitude era was at it's creative peak, it was just better.

Hogan and Savage?

Hogan just got lucky, at the time there was nobody like Hogan, he was new and exciting i guess. If he was starting out today he wouldn't have a chance in hell.

Nobody likes Cena, just face it. Unless he is Heel, Cena doesn't make a good super hero. He would make a great heel.
??? ??????? ??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

beanz00 is on a distinguished road

bring back paul orndorff
beanz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jenna Baldwin is on a distinguished road

Because the IWC b!tches too much, I mean come on!! Stop being attitude era marks! Stop living in the past.
Jenna Baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

RKO_Rocks is on a distinguished road

They all are KID Want's to see Superman in WWE as a Wrestler!

LOL at you guys!
RKO_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Cuse is on a distinguished road

Well Cena and Orton are considered superheroes because of their long title reigns, number of reigns, and how they almost never lose. The reason they are hated more is because we have more forums and things like Yahoo Answers unlike during the time of Austin, The Rock, Hogan and Savage where people did not question their lack of wrestling skills, Win/Loss Ratio, etc.
Cuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

CENAFAN FOREVER is on a distinguished road

Because they are major hypocrites!!! Most of them didn't even watch wrestling every week when Austin, rock, Hogan, and Savage were there yet they read other people's opinions and praise of the attitude era and automatically jump on the proverbial bandwagon. I can remember my brother watching when the rock and Austin were wrestling every week and he was complaining about the same things that people complain about Cena for now - they got beat up the whole match then came back to win, they had the titles all the time, the were always in the main event, etc... If the IWC had existed back then they would be on here spouting hate about these 4 just like they do Cena now. People tend to look at the past through rose colored glasses - sure if you didn't watch every week during the attitude era and now all you see are videos on the internet of the best of moments then it looks great but for the people who watched EVERY week during this time, they can tell you it wasn't as great as you think!!!
CENAFAN FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

DARK LORD is on a distinguished road

No you are wrong. You can bet your monkey as$ that you are wrong. Even though rocky and austin were the faces of the business(I'm not going to talk about hogan, he was more or less same as cena back then), they are not depicted as superman! They too were defeated cleanly, albeit on a very few occasions. That's why they were popular, it was realistic and unpredictable. But now a days cena and orton are depicted as if they came directly outta superman's testicles! Seriously mate, let alone orton, when was the last time you saw someone defeating cena cleanly, without outside interference or the opponent taking advantage of his vulnerable parts, and i mean getting pinned or submitting to opponent. When was the last time you remember? A bit tough, isn't it? Yes it is. Cause it's been 8 damn long years since he's been stuck with this lame stale marine gimmick and never gets defeated cleanly. Why should i watch his match if i can predict 9 outta 10 times he's gonna win, and if he loses somehow it will be a fluke victory by the opponent? Wwe's success lies in unbelievability and unpredictability which was at its best during attitude era and at its dead end during this pg era.
DARK LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Jeff is on a distinguished road

I don't think Savage was a superhero; he would only hold titles occasionally, and even then for relatively short periods of time, at least compared to Hogan. And believe me, people DID complain about Hogan, especially after Wrestlmania IX where Yokozuna and Bret Hart fought for the championship belt, and Hogan came out with it!

Austin and Rock were supermen, but they were also anti-heros, because they didn't always act so nicely. You've got Austin drinking near-beer in the ring and flipping the bird to anyone he didn't like. The Rock would tell people to know their role and shut their mouth, or call them rooty poo (my personal favorite). So even when they were faces, they acted like heels. And when you think about it, wouldn't any guy who is in a sport as violent as wrestling have to be somewhat of a bad-ass? That's why they stayed popular.

Cena is basically too much of a pretty-boy. The Rock would probably call a candy-ass if he were still in the business. Cena's just TOO nice, and that ticks off the more mature fans.

I'm not sure about Orton. When he's a heel, he's a very evil heel. Maybe he has gone too far in the other direction as a face, and people are upset about it.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 03:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mr. Undisputed is on a distinguished road

I guess the reason why people are complaining because there are some older fans that still watch WWE and because Both Orton and Cena get their reaction from children's.
Mr. Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote