ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What p*sses you off the most about the PG Era?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

WWE - CENA SUCKS - WWE is on a distinguished road
Default What p*sses you off the most about the PG Era?

What p*sses me off the most is that the little kids are only watching for John Cena!They have no clue about the history of wrestling!They don't give a damn about any match that doesn't involve John Cena!If John Cena wasn't in the WWE they more than likely wouldn't watch WWE!They probably haven't a clue about legends such as Ultimate Warrior,Andre The Giant,Bret Hart,Randy Savage and more!

At Ezekiel Jackson Guy : I'm not complaining about it that's just what I don't like about it and I know many people don't like it so I was just asking this question,I actually don't mind it and I know the Attitude Era is dead and I didn't even watch WWF during the Attitude Era
WWE - CENA SUCKS - WWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Broken Dreams is on a distinguished road

Matches are not as violent and intense as they used to be.
Broken Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Aaron Mccloz is on a distinguished road

No blood, and way too many Cena/Orton matches.

Also, wtf Rosa?
Aaron Mccloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

JTippett is on a distinguished road

yea PG era sucks bring back attitude
JTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Syn
Fresh Noob

Syn is on a distinguished road

No blood and anything hardcore like street fights or extreme rules are very tame. Plus for as long as WWE is PG, Goldberg will not return, its partly the reason rock took so long too return, though he has during the pg era he doesn't seem to be obeying it which is pretty funny
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

jyoti is on a distinguished road

I miss the bullies of the 80s and 90s. The likes of Austin, the Rock, Lueger, the Dudley boys, Legion of Doom and Chyna bullied their way to success. PG is more directed towards the young kids. Which kid does not like wrestlers like Cena, Horton, Bourne and Kelly Kelly.
jyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Straight ?dge eniGma is on a distinguished road

The people who complain about it constantly.

About yours:

-How do you know the kids only watch for Cena? they like other people too, that's just you being ignorant rather than a problem with the kids

-If they don't care about matches without Cena why would they go to Smackdown too and cheer in other matches?

-It's not their fault they don't know about wrestlings history, they didn't choose their age

-It's also not their fault if they haven't heard of certain legends that were round before they were born, they make better fans than you because they aren't always complaining about everything and just enjoy it.
Straight ?dge eniGma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

Rusty Steele has Cena-nuff! is on a distinguished road

1) Big matches aren't nearly as exciting. e.g. Remember when Chris Benoit won the World title at WrestleMania? That was one HELL of a moment. But now? Meh.

2) Too much exposure to Cena/Orton

3) WWE doesn't give the people what they want as much as they used to

4) It's all about the kids, instead of for ALL the fans.

5) Fewer matches that are extreme or bloody

6) WWE has too many shows (Raw, NXT, Superstars, and SD, though Superstars is being taken off I hear)

7) Poor writing staff
Rusty Steele has Cena-nuff! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

E??ly ?? ?ea??ng ??e odd? is on a distinguished road

What bugs me the most about it is that it seems that the creative team are using it as an excuse to not work as hard. I don't care if it's pg or not anymore. It bothered me at first, but I got used to it I guess. What bothers me is that the creative team are so lazy lately, we barely get good stroylines. Sure, some of them are good here and there, but most aren't that great. It's like they think that pg means they can't do ANYTHING. But there are things they can do, there just to lazy to come up with them. It used to be pg in the 90's or 80's at one point, and it was fine back then. They need to step up there game.

Also, the fact that they never refer to the wrestling aspect of the sport anymore. Vince screwed things up. It's not Sports-entertainment, they aren't superstars, they are proffetional wrestlers who wrestle. Vince needs to realize it.
E??ly ?? ?ea??ng ??e odd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

A.J. is on a distinguished road

everything pisses me off about the PG era! there's no violent intense matches anymore titles are being handed to undeserving wrestlers! when benoit won the world championship at wrestlemania and emotionally broke down along with eddie, it proved that the title was worth fighting for. now anyone can win it
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

????re d?va_? c?a?p?on is on a distinguished road

The writers have less to explore. Before it was PG the writers could go ANYWHERE with any storyline, now they're limited to their choices.
????re d?va_? c?a?p?on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

Dominique The Damaja is on a distinguished road

I am tired of people complaining about the PG Era and blaming the kids for being the reason why the product is dull. We all were kids at one point not knowing about the wrestling biz. (Unless you began watching as an adult)

And the ATTITUDE ERA IS DEAD. Get over it!

EDIT: It was not direct toward you. I was talking about people in general.
Dominique The Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Th D?r? Pr??? ? Knght is on a distinguished road

What I don't like about the most is poor story-lines, and unnecessary title reigns such as the recent Orton World Title Reign. Does Orton really need another World Title reign to prove his point in order to lead SmackDown? I believe Christian should've held it longer in my opinion. Also I don't like the story-lines, it really not interesting, and I don't like the booking as well. I don't really like it when a wrestler for example Drew McIntyre busted their butts off for over a year, and yet they still didn't get booked in WrestleMania while a guy that didn't do it even less then a month like Michael Cole got booked in WrestleMania, are you kidding me WWE.
Th D?r? Pr??? ? Knght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

18 gibbs 20 is on a distinguished road

People whining about it.
18 gibbs 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jobber

le??. ?ro???e??e o? ??e wee?. is on a distinguished road

I'm tired of most of the complaining, that happens.

You aren't complaining at all, it's just when people complain when it's boring and what not. They don't have to continue watching if they don't want, too. Just stop watching if they are saying that it's really stupid, and boring now. It's not that hard, just to change the channel if they are watching RAW or Smackdown! or even a pay-per-view. If they are going to bash on the PPV, then they shouldn't buy them, if they do it repeatedly with all of the ppvs.
le??. ?ro???e??e o? ??e wee?. is offline   Reply With Quote