ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Does Kofi Kingston have enough potential to become a world champion someday?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 2011, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?acey. ?u?ure wwe d?va ? is on a distinguished road
Default Does Kofi Kingston have enough potential to become a world champion someday?

-

Optional BQ-

Who is your favorite WWE Superstar that has NEVER been a World Champion?
?acey. ?u?ure wwe d?va ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Roy Roy is on a distinguished road

Kofi Kingston already had a high profile feud with Orton, but due to some differences between the two, Kofi was put back into midcard, he definitely has the potential, but with the backstage politics, he may not get that chance.

BQ: Rowdy Roddy Piper.
Roy Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

????re d?va_? c?a?p?on is on a distinguished road

I don't think so. If he improves a lot, then yes! Right now, I find him quite boring. Kofi Kingston never did anything that popped out to me, and I always forgot he was the U.S. Champion. With improvement, I think Kofi Kingston will have potential to be a world champion. But not just yet.

BQ: Evan Bourne.

?hcha?pi??ap?xpr?dat?? - Can you stop rewording my answers? You nearly always posts the exact same thing as me, but reworded.
????re d?va_? c?a?p?on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

le??. ?ro???e??e o? ??e wee?. is on a distinguished road

Probably, but not so soon.

He just got off of the United States title, and I don't think that they should give him a World Champion push so quickly. He has the fan base for it. We never really hear him on the mic or not, but mic skills are one of the most important parts of becoming a World Champion. We would have to hear him on the mic, to give an official yes or no. You see that a lot of the champions came with good mic skills. For example, the Miz and John Cena. They don't have amazing in-ring skills, but they have great mic skills, which got them far. We don't know that with Kingston yet, because we never hear him on the mic.

The only thing that will put Kingston down into getting a shot, is rumored backstage problems with Orton. That's one of the reasons Kingston got put back down into mid-carder status. Something happened with him and Orton, and then he went down status, due to Vince's desicion. It might be a rare moment, if he does, because of the way Orton is becoming a Superman type of person like John Cena, so Vince would most likely listen to him.

BQ: Evan Bourne, Zack Ryder and Cody Rhodes.
le??. ?ro???e??e o? ??e wee?. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

?hcha?pi??ap?xpr?dat?? is on a distinguished road

Kofi Kingston has the potential, but it's just not standing out. Kofi Kingston is boring; and I always thought he didn't deserve to be the United States Champion. He needs to imporve, and when he brings his way up, he might have a chance to become a World Champion in the future.

BQ: Zack Ryder.
?hcha?pi??ap?xpr?dat?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

CM Punk is on a distinguished road

I hope so. But you know, I don't think WWE will let him. I think he will be in the intercontential/USA title for ever. I mean, they have Sheamus, alberto, orton, christian.
CM Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

tom keane is on a distinguished road

yes i think he does and i hope he does some day.

my favorite superstar of all time to never hold a world championship is matt hardy but im favorite superstar that is currently in wwe is john morrison
tom keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

Go Reds/Buckeyes/Bengals is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure about that, he needs to get a new gimmick and then I could see it happening.

BQ: John Morrison or Alberto Del Rio
Go Reds/Buckeyes/Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 05:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
ben
Jobber

ben is on a distinguished road

Well of course, he has all the potential in the world. Potential doesn't always translate to success though, unfortunately. I remember when Shelton Benjamin moved to Raw in 2004. On his first night, he beat Triple H. I remember hearing time and time again that Shelton has all the potential in the world and could become World Champion one day.

Of course, that hasn't happened, not yeat at least.

During Kofi's short lived rialry with Randy Orton a couple of years ago, I think WWE were ready to pull the trigger on him and push him to the main event, but he botched the finish of a match against Orton, which I believe resulted in the sudden finish of the feud, and Kofi was relegated back down to a mid carder. He could be a World Champion one day, but I'm not sure it will happen. He is as atheletic as it comes and really over with the crowd, but he needs to get better at promo's, the same as John Morrison. To be perfectly honest with you, I think it's more likely that he will be TNA Champion than WWE Champion, but if WWE gets behind him like it seems they intended to a year or 2 ago, then I could see him making a great World Champion. I wouldn't count on it happening within the next 5 years though, unfortunately.
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 05:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Undertaker Toot is on a distinguished road

Yeah he does. He gets the fans on their feet. He has a great movesets. But he does not have the mic skills like Orton,Kane,John Cena and Triple H.He will be a future World Champion.

BQ: SIN CARA!!!
Undertaker Toot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

Wiggy is on a distinguished road

Heck no!

As we've all seen, WWE really likes to push superstars with above average mic skills! If you take a look at Kofi, he has some of the worst mic skills in the business. He's also supposed to be a baby face yet hardly gets any reaction from the fans! He's not suddenly going to get a bigger pop if he's wrestling for a world championship. Also, I know this is just my opinion, but I don't think the guy is that talented! He's got decent wrestilng skills who has a tendency to botch a bunch of moves. All in all, I don't think he's got the potential to become world champion.

bq -- Evan Bourne
Wiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 05:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

K????????? ??????d ?Až?x? is on a distinguished road

Definitely. I'd say the Kofi Kingston is an underrated performer in the WWE. Kofi Kingston in my opinion indeed has potential to become World Champion one day, also become Main Event material.

I still to this day think the WWE should have continued pushing him when he had his program with Randy The Viper Orton back in late 2009. He received a huge reaction from the crowd when he defeated two former World Champions in CM Punk and Randy Orton at Survivor Series PPV back in 2009. He was showing signs that he could hang in the ring with the likes off Triple H, Sheamus, Randy Orton and John Cena when he competed in the Raw Elimination Chamber back in the 2010 Raw Elimination Chamber. So yes, Kingston is an underrated performer in my eyes. who has potential to be a future Main Event player in the future.

*Optional* BQ: My favorite WWE Superstar that has never been World Champion yet would have to be John Morrison. I think him not winning a World Championship yet is long overdue, which is why Morrison winning this years Money In The Bank should give him the credibility he needs to finally become a Main Eventer on Raw and eventually become WWE Champion. He's proven in the past year that when he's given Main Event opportunity such as facing The Miz in the first match of 2011, being the best competitor in the Raw Elimination Chamber placed Tripe Threat steel cage at Extreme Rules can put on a hell of a performance. So I think he's a favorite.
K????????? ??????d ?Až?x? is offline   Reply With Quote