ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you think the WWE is contradicting...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Blah Blah? is on a distinguished road
Default Do you think the WWE is contradicting...?

(**Note: THIS IS NOT A HATE QUESTION.)

Do you think the WWE, is in a way, contradicting?

I was watching Raw one night and during the commercial break the superstars were promoting anti-bullying with kids. However, the WWE promotes fighting to young kids/adults as entertainment. For example, in the WWE if you have a problem/issues with someone you fight each other and 'settle it in the ring', so isn't that sending the wrong message to kids, saying that if they have a problem with someone they should fight them, yet they are trying to promote anti-bulling?

What's your opinion, do you think the WWE is somewhat being a hypocrite? Why....?

Best and most intelligent answer gets BA.
Blah Blah? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Mr. Bunny is on a distinguished road

I don't think so. WWE is way too smart to contradict themselves. Everybody knows Vince McMahon is a genius, so it can't be possible.
Mr. Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Matt the Troll Hunting Arsonist is on a distinguished road

Does that make Kelly Kelly a juicy contradiction?
Matt the Troll Hunting Arsonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neo
Fresh Noob

Neo is on a distinguished road

I say hypocrite,because it's not real in the first place and misleads children in believing them although they mention to not try this at home....but their children and they will SHOW off at school and other places.

So yes I think their a hypocrite.
-The Matrix Revolutions release 5 december

Quote:
What if the prophecie was correct? What if tomorow, the war could be over? Isnt it worth fighting for? Isnt it worth dying for?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Micah Ashby-Timms is on a distinguished road

no, cuz they also say don't try this at home, this takes years to perfect, and you WILL GET HURT. and key word. ENTERTAINMENT, it's not a real fight.
Micah Ashby-Timms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (4tune Seeker) is on a distinguished road

It's not a contradiction at all. In a lot of ways, the message the WWE and other promotions send is that you shouldn't be victimized by bullies, but instead stand up for yourself. Can that be a dangerous message in some instances? Yes, but it's most definitely not a contradiction. To say that the WWE promotes bullying is like saying the Lifetime network endorses rape or spousal abuse. If you see the product in that light, then you're missing the point they're trying to convey.

I also wouldn't say the WWE promotes or advocates children fighting either. I don't recall tuning in to Monday Night Raw and seeing a 12 year old hopping in the ring against a 14 year old to duke it out. If that were the case, then I'd definitely agree with you, but considering the media firestorm that constantly surrounds wrestling, I'm sure you could find a better theory in regards to Vince McMahon being a hypocrite, antagonist, or a liar.
Candle (4tune Seeker) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

komets.geo is on a distinguished road

I can see your point about that. They have the Bella twins on that add speaking out against bullying. Then after Kharma had said she was pregnant the same Bella twins came out to bully her. Saying she was so fat and couldn't they figure out how she could get a guy.

But then I am one that doesn't really care about the anti bullying stuff going on now. I was bullied as a kid also, but all it did was make me a stronger person. It got really bad at times, but I got to the point I refused to let it bother me. I took it and used it to make me a stronger and better person. So even a bully can be a positive thing, if people can use it to help themselves instead of letting it get to them. I know that is hard to do sometimes though

komets.geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The 90s Sucked is on a distinguished road

What WWE is doing is the classic A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE to discuss the subject matter in a serious way. But then again you could say WWE is just doing this to cover up some lawsuits that might happen in the future. Is WWE really sincere about this issue or just kissing the ____ of potential voters and/or politicians so the company can get away with a few loopholes.

This is no different than the DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME video that is on every single dvd release. Or the warning label on tobacco products which basically says You the consumer know this is bad for you so if something happens do not blame this corporation.
The 90s Sucked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Émer M is on a distinguished road

Not Exactly. It is referred to as SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. Entertainment and Fighting are two different things. Also, they are rarely referred to as fights, more than often they are referred to as matches. They also say not to try it at home. The 'Be a Star' anti-bullying campaign is real, WWE is not. My brother is 6 and even he knows that.
Émer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2011, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

SYDAL is on a distinguished road

You stole this question from Bio Hazard, try to ask your own, you douche

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7181925AAKJuei
SYDAL is offline   Reply With Quote