ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How can WWE be a kid show?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2011, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

?Jericho and Eve Are The Sh!t? is on a distinguished road
Default How can WWE be a kid show?

I'm asking a lot of questions today lol... Anyways...

WWE is PG. We all know that, but really think about, how can a show that's all about fighting and attractive women be for kids? I understand that some wrestlers can seem like real life superheros (cough, cough, Cena) but at the end of the day, the show is still pretty violent without the added blood added! Some of the material (Like Kelly Kelly running around with her hooker outfits) is completely not appropriate. WWE must be kidding themselves when they try to call it a kid show...
?Jericho and Eve Are The Sh!t? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2011, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let me reintroduce myself

Jim Ross has much to be proud ofJim Ross has much to be proud ofJim Ross has much to be proud ofJim Ross has much to be proud ofJim Ross has much to be proud ofJim Ross has much to be proud ofJim Ross has much to be proud ofJim Ross has much to be proud ofJim Ross has much to be proud ofJim Ross has much to be proud of

because the divas don't kiss like they used to they have no cleavage
Old 17 Jun 2011, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

ShhhZ is on a distinguished road

Mostly is why people call it a kid show is cause of the corny stuff that goes on and the Cena super hero immortal thing and the fact there's usually tons of kids in the audience. Hornswoggle and rey rey are pretty much for the kiddies.

I guess most people would rather see it go back to around 2005 or so. when there was better story lines and it didn't seem to kid oriented. As for kelly kelly. Most people dress like that in day to day society so it's nothing they haven't seen before.

WWE is mostly politically correct and don't want to be edgy. It just seems like it's made for kids. It's not overly brutal kids can see worse on Criminal Minds or mainstream T.V. It's pretty bad when family guy is more edgy then a wrestling promotion.

As for the Diva's I'd rather see true female wrestlers and get rid of the entire diva division.

Well we all discuss it and respond to questions so we all are the IWC.
ShhhZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2011, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

????re d?va_? c?a?p?on is on a distinguished road

Well the diva's don't do all the things they used to do like bikini contest's or Bra and Panties matches. A lot of the other diva's have appropriate outfits, but it seems as if Kelly is the only one dressed like a hooker.

WWE isn't kidding themselves, the IWC is.
????re d?va_? c?a?p?on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2011, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

RSCP(Jazz Edition) is on a distinguished road

When did the WWE ever call their program a kid show? As I recall they always say its a family program.
RSCP(Jazz Edition) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2011, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

rko88 is on a distinguished road

It's actually pretty friendly and not that violent at all and it's been a kid show for awhile now. I agree Law Order SVU has more violence and is more graphic then WWE, actually most TV shows on cable have more violence then WWE. Also John Cena is the main reason why WWE is for kids and I agree with it's just corny and pretty boring at times. It's not as violent as it used to be, it doesn't show any blood, they don't have the crude humor they used to have or the mature content they would show or anything that would attract the 18+ group. I liked WWE when they used to have crude humor that young adults like myself would get or just adults in general not the corny BS John Cena says that is supposed to be funny I guess maybe just to the kids. Also the WWE diva's are supposed to look like that and have always wore skimpy outfits and Kelly Kelly sucks anyway, it's all about Melina and Gail Kim, women who can actually wrestle but it's sad they don't get any screen time.

Also the diva's used to do a lot more like others have mentioned the bikini contest and bra and panties matches and mud wrestling and maybe kiss every once in awhile. Now WWE just has 2 divas have a 30 second match and call it good, it's pretty ridiculous considering there are a few divas who can actually wrestle and have talent but it doesn't get used because Vince doesn't give a sh*t. I hope to see Melina and Gail Kim wrestle soon and get into a storyline but I doubt it will ever happen because WWE is not what it used to be and I sometimes wonder why I watch because the show is only geared toward the kiddies.

So yes it you haven't noticed WWE is strictly made for the 5-13 year age group and not for young adults like myself which is not a good thing so I hope one day WWE will go back to TV 14 but I doubt it ever will.
rko88 is offline   Reply With Quote