ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is the lack of house hold names hurting the WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 May 2011, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Silent Bob is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Silent Bob
Default Is the lack of house hold names hurting the WWE?

Hear me out, Triple H and Taker are nowhere to be found. Jericho may be returning. Cena, Orton, and Meysterio just might be the only superstars that are currently appearing on shows. Sure the WWE needs to push some of its younger talent, but there have always been loads of big name superstars to help lead them to the top. I would not consider Mizz, Morrison, Swagger, Mcintyre or any of the other talent currently on the wwe rosters house hold names. I ask this because I was watching Raw a few weeks ago with some friends and family who haven't watched the show in a couple of years. None of them had any idea who anyone was. I had to explain to them that the miz was the current champion, how long he had been on the show, ect.... I mean they had never even heard of 95% of the people who appeared on that episode of raw. For instance even people who NEVER watch wrestling know who Hogan, Austin, Rock, HBK, Taker and even Cena are. So, whether or not the WWE is giving their younger talent a good push or not doesnt matter if they aren't marketing the younger guys correctly. What do you think???

anyone over the age of 12 care to answer?

Julius C, you completely missed the point of my question. Anyone with a brain knows that it usually takes awhile to become well known in the wrestling business. I was simply stating that there are usually more big names in the WWE/WWF than there are right now and the WWE should do a better job marketing some of the younger wrestlers. Maybe you should read the question more carefully next time sir.

Mr Meaty, you hit the nail on the head brother.
Silent Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2011, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Obnoxious Cole fan is on a distinguished road

I wish I wered only trolling here, but because of his media blitz everyone I know knows The Miz.

He became a media darling when he won the title.

Very few people actually know who Cena or Undertaker or HHH are. Especially Cena unless their children are wrestling fans.

Yes,people that contradict you are only 12 silent bob, you are right. God forbid I may actually be correct. Funny because I just texted several friends and none of them know John Cena but 5 knew The Miz.

Also, I`m a college student. They don`t make those at age 12.
Obnoxious Cole fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2011, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jacob Bright is on a distinguished road

The younger guys have to start somewhere. HHH and Cena weren't big stars right away.
Jacob Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2011, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

E to the C (Thank you E) is on a distinguished road

I'm nodding at everything you said. I used to know everyone in the WWE (pretty much) even if it was just with passing interest. But a while ago I had really been struggling to remember them... WWE has way, way more faceless jobbers than they did before and they just end up blurring into one

yeah obnoxious cole, first thing when you mention wrestling to a non wrestling fan (at least in my experience) they go: oh ,ah! john cena *you can't see me wave*
E to the C (Thank you E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2011, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

Wrestlers have to wrestle several years before thy have names that become widely known. How many people knew Hulk Hogan in the 1970's when he was wrestling in Memphis Wrestling against Wrestlers like Jerry The King Lawler and Austin Idol? How many people knew The Rock when he was in The USWA wrestling as Flex Kavana. How many people knew Steve Austin when he was wrestling in The USWA. You have the benefit of having missed these guys formative years. Very few people knew Shawn Michaels when he was 20 years old wrestling in the NWA and World Class Championship Wrestling. You become known over time.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2011, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Toughest S.O.B. is on a distinguished road

Listen. WE CANNOT RELY ON TAKER, HBK, HHH, CENA, MYSTERIO, AUSTIN, ROCK, ETC TO DO THAT. That's y we're trying to build up for younger superstars. All those people I just named above, the veterans, are getting closely out of their prime. We are trying to push the newer ones.
Toughest S.O.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2011, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Meatlover Mrmeaty is on a distinguished road

the WWE have changed their market audience. Back in the WWF it was sort of 16+, there was no rules and there was the most well known, and talented performers back then. ( Rock, SCSA etc/)

Now the market audeince is 9+, it has been lowered significantly, and this is why most of the big names back them left. Also i hear Vince is a twat to the superstars, and he drove away a few of the ECW and WCW superstars... ( Dudley boys, sting etc. )

I think , these kids who are wrestling now, although the WWE needs to cover its future by building them up now, they are forcing too many young superstars into a small market, and by doing so side lining the classic 'household names'

I think its too much too soon, and theyre driving off the older fans....just look at the crowds...

WWE crowd average age is probably about 16

WWF crowd average age is probably about 20
Meatlover Mrmeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2011, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Kyle S is on a distinguished road

I don't think its hurting WWE, I mean those people can't be around forever and WWE is trying to make new names, thats how it works. Oh and by the way you're missing Kane, he's a jobber now but 90% of the people I ask know who Kane is and that's saying something because I don't really know anybody that still watches.
Kyle S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2011, 06:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Corrupt is on a distinguished road

I agree with you 100%

Also.. to correct you, It's not the 'wrestling buisness' it's the acting buissness
Corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote