ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Would WWE and TNA can become victims of cancellation?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 2011, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

michael s is on a distinguished road
Default Would WWE and TNA can become victims of cancellation?

I think that some people are beginning to abandon watching WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) and TNA (Total Nonstop Action Wrestling) cause of the PG thing and for various reasons: Hornswoggle, NXT, and Michael Cole (yeesh) Vickie Gurrerro. As for TNA: It was fine until Hulk Hogan and Eric Biscoff came along ruining evrything including turining a six-sided ring into a traditional four-squared one.
michael s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2011, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Watch My Footwork is on a distinguished road

TNA being cancelled...YES....WWE being cancelled....NO
Watch My Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2011, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Mr. Yaw is on a distinguished road

WWE-Definitely not. WWE has been around for years and it isn't going to be cancelled anytime soon. The company is actually doing well financially

TNA-At the rate its going, it could be possibly be canceled in 2-3 years. I've watch a recent episode and it was just plain awful.
Mr. Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2011, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mitchell Mannah is on a distinguished road

No they're both the biggest draws of the night for the night they are on
Mitchell Mannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2011, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

-- WWE is simply WWE it no longer means World Wrestling Entertainment

-- WWE is partnering with NBC Universal to launch there own Network.. and NBCU is the parent company of Both USA and SYFY so unless there is a major overhaul at the top of NBCU WWE isn't going anywhere

-- as to TNA as much as Spike likes them (after being abandoned by WWE back when they were TNN) they cannot ignore TNA's sagging ratings for much longer

-- and the WWE/NBCU relationship not withstanding WWE's ratings are still some of the highest that the cable networks see

so frankly ONLY TNA is really at risk of cancellation but I think that as long as the top people at Spike are still in favor they'll keep pumping support into it unless/until TNA dips below a .5 for a sustained period
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2011, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

Any television Program can be cancelled. Professional Wrestling Promotions do not own Television Networks or Television Networks. However, your premise is wrong. PG is why K-Mart is a Corporate Sponsor for all WWE House Shows. PG is why K-Mart Stores all over the world carry WWE Merchandise. PG is why WWE Merchandise is carried in Walmarts all over the world. PG is why WWE has more corporate advertisers and corporate sponsoships than ever before. PG is why when my brother and I go to WWE House Shows, Live Events, Television Tapings and Pay Per Views that thousands of families go to WWE Shows every week. PG is why WWE is able to run Live Events and broadcast Raw, NXT, Superstars and Smackdown on Networks in various countries all over the world. WWE is generating millions of dollars in revenue every week because it is PG. WWE is not going to be taken off Television in the United States or any other country, unless the Networks no longer consider it profitable or decide that some other programs will generate more revenue, then WWE Raw and Smackdown will be taken off the air. There are Television Networks in other countries that carry NXT and Superstars, which is why WWE still produces those shows and streams them on WWE.com, although there are no television networks that are interested in giving WWE addiitonal timeslots for them.

The same is true for TNA. TNA does not own Spike TV or any of the Networks in other countries that carry it. If these networks decide that there is programming that will draw larger audiences and more advertising dollars. TNA has also picked up more Television Networks in more countries and has been doing House Shows in more and more markets. I went to a TNA Show in The State of Maryland for the first time this year in Janauary when TNA ran House Shows in Upper Marlboro, Maryland and Hagerstown, Maryland. If you go to http://www.tnawrestlign.com then you see TNA doing more and more shows in more and more markets this year. TNA has done some good and some bad things since Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff came there, but it has gotten TNA some mainstream media attention. I prefer when TNA emphasizes wrestling and TNA still gives you better wrestling matches than WWE does.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote