ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What are your thoughs about Jay Lethal leaving TNA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2011, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Say hello to tha bad guy! is on a distinguished road
Default What are your thoughs about Jay Lethal leaving TNA?

Former TNA X-Division and Tag Team champion Jay Lethal is gone from TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. As of this writing, we haven't heard details. Lethal has already been removed from the roster page of the TNA website.

Lethal, who hadn't been used much in recent months but worked the Lockdown PPV over the weekend, had been with the company since 2005 and had several big runs, including his Randy Savage homage Black Machismo, and wins over Ric Flair and Kurt Angle.

-pwinsider

Damn, that sucks for TNA. I'm a big fan of Lethal - I thought his Randy Savage gimmick was great fun and he's an entertaining worker.
Say hello to tha bad guy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

WWE - CENA SUCKS - WWE is on a distinguished road

HUGE loss for TNA he was really good and he could be really good if he goes to WWE and could become Intercontinental Champion and give it a bit of prestige again
WWE - CENA SUCKS - WWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Obi Wan is on a distinguished road

Why would they release Black Machismo, the greatest X-Division champion of ALL TIME and one of the few guys to cleanly beat Kurt Angle for a title? WT super F?
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

MI-SA-WA is on a distinguished road

Im a huuuge fan of him.. Ive been wondering what hes been doing for months now.. He had that X-division title, lost it to Robbie E, won it back, lost it to Kazarian, then nothing.... So it sucks that they released him (or he quit I dont know), since I think they could have done more with him. I wonder if were going to see Doug Williams go soon, since hes not been used in months either.

I just hope we either see him in WWE or ROH, cause he is just that awesomely good.
MI-SA-WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Captain is on a distinguished road

Like i have said before, TNA is going about this allwrong, they are giving prority to those with bigger names even though they cant be trusted and the workd recently has been poor. People like Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, RVD etc. havent showed half the desire or commitment they showed in WWE. They think they are bigger than TNA and it shows. And the fact is these guys arent loyal to TNA, your telling me when Jeff or RVD's contract expires and Vince came knocking with a contract offering them double the money they could ever hop to make in TNA with all TNAs current financial problems your telling me they wont bite his hand off? TNA should concentrate on elavating guys who work their asses off, guys who are loyal to the company and constanly work good matches. Guys like AJ styles, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Matt Morgan, Abyss, Robert Roode.
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Get Ready To Fly! is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty distressed at this news. Here is a company that is featuring guys who either show few signs of improving, or are already past it, every single show - that at the same time, cannot find a slot for some of its most impressive roster members. It's diabolical.

Lethal was so much better than some give him credit for. He was a canny wrestler, and gold on the mic - so much more than a Randy Savage tribute. They gave him the perfect springboard to main event relevance, or at least relevance. In summer of last year, he boasted wins over most members of Fortune, topped off by a superlative feud with the Nature Boy himself, in which Lethal went over. That feud had one of the best TNA promos of the year, and led to an impressive match. Then all of a sudden, the momentum for a push dissipated into the ether. As far as I'm aware, his match at Lockdown was the first in quite a few months. It's ridiculous.

I wish him every luck in his future work, but I wish he weren't going. I hope that it was he who pulled the plug, rather than TNA, as if it were the latter, I have even less faith in the company than I did before. TNA is practically gasping and begging for main event faces that you can really get behind and whose in-ring work would lead to some good world title matches for once. AJ should be one; Lethal should have been another.
Get Ready To Fly! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

xavier is on a distinguished road

That is so horrible. Like, I haven't been a real big fan of Jay Lethal. But he knows how to cut a few good promos. Like that one where he impersinated Ric Flair.

Or that fist pumping show down.

I thought he was really going to get a decent push after he beat my boy Douglas Williams for The TNA X-Division championship.

It's just a shame that he did not get a decent push. I mean I will give him an honest 7.5 out of 10 on ring work and a 8 on the microphone.

It's a shame that he is leaving, because no other wrestling company is going to treat him as good.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

SHUPIRATESFAN is on a distinguished road

I still don't understand why they didn't use him,WWE?
SHUPIRATESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Justin S is on a distinguished road

that does suck for tna,but if he goes to wwe then they need to use him right,
Justin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

kai _silver_ summer is on a distinguished road

damn.was watching tna lockdown...man he looked like he had some moves. bleh
kai _silver_ summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Corre Beast is on a distinguished road

He should sign with WWE and become apart of youth movement that's going on. Him and Kofi Kingston could have some nice feuds.
Corre Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 03:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

Anthony M is on a distinguished road

Very sad, TNA should be ashamed of themselves for not using Jay Lethal recently but should have been keeping him if he does gettiing pushed by TNA. He can possibly be working for either DGUSA or ROH more likely.
Anthony M is offline   Reply With Quote