ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

hulk vs hollywood

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Mar 2003, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fear the Spear !!!!

Danevs is on a distinguished road
Default hulk vs hollywood

hulk was the ultimate superface he was one of the most known sports type person in the entire world, hollywood was a great heel and founder member of the greatest stable in the history of wrestling so which one was your favourite

i prefer hulk because of the physical difference ( yes I know he lost his size because of going cold turkey on roids after 20+ years of abuse) but he was a monster back then and with his long balding golden hair he looked pretty awesome

Its the question on everyones mind in sports entertainment......

WHOS NEXT ???

Danevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2003, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

I don't know....hulk was great in the 80's and hollywood was ok, but the hollywood gimmick to me wasn't all that great and he still got pops in some areas just like the horsemen did as heels. I'll go with hulk over hollywood.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 11:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

^^^You as a WWE fan, befor?
Old 26 Mar 2003, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

yep...I was a fan of the wwe*f* back in the days of ricky steamboat, ted dibiase, demolition, etc

I started to lose interest when vince had to have a monopoly of the business. I'm sure had turner bought out ecw and the wwf i'd feel the same way. WWE has wrestlers I like, but it's hard for me to get into the shows for some reason. I don't mean to come across as they're the worst product, but when that's all that was offered for so long it's not hard to get lost in the world of a new promotion lol
Old 27 Mar 2003, 12:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
BloodFusion said in post # :
yep...I was a fan of the wwe*f* back in the days of ricky steamboat, ted dibiase, demolition, etc

I started to lose interest when vince had to have a monopoly of the business. I'm sure had turner bought out ecw and the wwf i'd feel the same way. WWE has wrestlers I like, but it's hard for me to get into the shows for some reason. I don't mean to come across as they're the worst product, but when that's all that was offered for so long it's not hard to get lost in the world of a new promotion lol

IMO, back in those days the talent was misused even more so than they are today.

Great wrestlers like the ones you mentioned, Ricky Steamboat, Ted Dibiase, as well as Rick Martel (former AWA champ), Rick Rude, Bulldogs etc. were all consistently putting on 5 star matches and were held back by non-talents like Hulk Hogan and the big fat asses he was always feuding with, who couldn't do much but stumble around the ring and snarle. Thus, the true athletes were doomed to the mid-cards.

I guess that's why most of them were awarded the IC belt. Sort of a consolation prize, and Vince's way of saying "you'll never be in the main event, but take this lesser belt anyway. Thanks for not bitching."

Therefore, it's hard for me to enjoy those days sometimes.

Although it is cool to go back and check out the sweet gimmicks of the 80's every now and then though. Demolition was fuckin' sweet.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2003, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

yeah a lot of talent that was deserving was never given a good shot at anything. But part of the hulkamaniac run was feeding him the bigger guys all the time so we got subjected to the king kong bundys, andres, earthquakes, etc.

I'd love to have seen dibiase with a legit world title run, the guy had mic skills and in ring ability.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 12:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Demolition was awsome...As was all the names you 2 mentoned...

Marbles i agree, them stars were horribly misused, Hogan usually squashed them, on Saturday night Main Event...

I use to think Dibiase, Hennings, and Rude would be World Champions one day. I actually thought Rude would beat Warrior at Summerslam that year, they fought for the world title. I thought Dibiase would beat Savage at Wreastlemania 4, And i was almost sure that "Mr Perfect"would hold the strap one day...But none ever got the chance, i think it would've been good for the future (now)...But hey, what can you do?
Old 27 Mar 2003, 08:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

I agree with what you guys have said.... Vince gave Hogan the ball...And ran with it....Leaving every other man doomed to float around in the mid-card....I remember what they did to Tito Santana....He could have been huge...But alas he ended up being nothing but El Matador....Same with Ricky...From a great wrestler to a Bruce Lee wanna-be....

It is very sad to see people cheer Hogan like he is God Almighty...When men like Rude and Hennig are no longer with us....And yet gave us so much more.....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2003, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.
Default Re: hulk vs hollywood

Quote:
Danevs said in post # :
hulk was the ultimate superface he was one of the most known sports type person in the entire world, hollywood was a great heel and founder member of the greatest stable in the history of wrestling so which one was your favourite

i prefer hulk because of the physical difference ( yes I know he lost his size because of going cold turkey on roids after 20+ years of abuse) but he was a monster back then and with his long balding golden hair he looked pretty awesome
I wish Hogan would of kept his "Immortal" gimmick along with his old "Real American" entrance music I am sick of watching The wCw "Hollywood" Hogan....Doesn't he realize that he is back in The WWE yet???
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2003, 08:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I loved hulkamania
As a young child I didnt give a rats arse about other wrestlers. They were just there to fill in time till hulkamania ran wild.

From the time we started singing I am a real american to the inevitable hogan surge (hulk up whatever) and the final pose down for the audience.
THAT was wrestling for me in my childhood and no Hollywood gimmick was ever going to relace it.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote