ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you think the WWE made a mistake not having Cena vs Rock at this year's WM 27?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Live Events is on a distinguished road
Default Do you think the WWE made a mistake not having Cena vs Rock at this year's WM 27?

I think it would have been a more exciting year for the wwe. And the fact that Cena and Rock have to wait a whole year for a match is almost rediculous. Really? Now that takers 19-0, who the hell will be his oponent next year? Triple h? Really? This would be almost the same as HBK losing twice in a row at WM so it does not make any sence. Cena? They obviously blew it for next year since it probably would have been cena, but he has to face the rock, how stupid. The only one i see now facing him next year IS Cm Punk because randy will be fueding with someone else by the time WM28 comes. I just think it was not really a popular decision at wm 27 to let him and miz face, then the rock shows up and costs cena the wwe championship. What? Really?? Really?? Dont you think that was a mistake to not let cena and rock just battle it out this year? Why or why not?

WM27 was such a let down this year its not even funny.

@Mr sinister: Yeah they could have had at it at summerslam, i forgot about that.

@EMW: I dont get what you mean, your answer is kind of pointless. Maybe you should learn to actually read and people will respond to your answers in a more polite manner.
Live Events is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jorge Sanchez is on a distinguished road

Certainly a mistake
Jorge Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Mr Sinister is on a distinguished road

in a way i think or having it at this years summerslam
Mr Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Harrys the UNDERTAKER is on a distinguished road

yes.that would be epic.Miz shoulnd't even been there.he is nobody.
Harrys the UNDERTAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

LarrytheQuadguy is on a distinguished road

I only think it's a mistake because they're in the heat of the rivalry right now, and a year on it would of gone a bit stale. plus Cena's probably going to feud with Miz and plenty of others between now and wm28, so he's not going to be thinking about the rock
LarrytheQuadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Murad is on a distinguished road

Not at all.....because they already plan it........
Murad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Nick Weller is on a distinguished road

I don't think so, for a few reasons.

1. The Rock will probably spend a lot of the next year preparing for WrestleMania 28, he probably would have been nowhere near as good as he could if he went against Cena this year because he hasn't been in the ring for 7 years.

2. WreslteMania 28 may well be the biggest WrestleMania ever, it's looking like it could be the end of Triple H's career and will almost definitely be the end of Undertaker's, Kane is getting on a bit and so is Jericho, Edge has already left. Maybe the attitude era will finally die with a bang at Wrestlemania 28. If so, perfect time for Rock and Cena to face each other.

3. Taker might not face Triple H, he was seen at a UFC thing saying to Lesnar So, you wanna do it? Everybody speculated that it would be for Lesnar vs Taker at Wrestlemania 27, maybe he was asking if he wanted to be that number 20. Lesnar didn't answer him, but if Lesnar does agree to it... Why have Taker vs Cena when you could have Taker vs Lesnar?!

OK a hell of a lot of speculation there, but considering that the event is a year away, I don't think there's much alternative when answering a question like this. All I'm saying is, I'm sure they had their reasons.
Nick Weller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

EMW Peep Game With Playaz Eyez is on a distinguished road

It seems like the only people whining about waiting a full year for Rock vs Cena are no more than 12 years old. Which means most of you have been so used to poor ADD storylines since about 2004 that when people use words like build-up and development, you don't know what to do. It seems like these types of fans like yourself would rather have a random blowoff on Raw or an insignificant PPV (Bragging Rights, Extreme Rules, etc) instead of actually being patient. Even if Rock vs Cena happened this year at WM, WM 27 would have still been a suckfest outside of Taker/HHH Rey/Rhodes.
EMW Peep Game With Playaz Eyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

The Truth Teller is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania 27 could have been a lot better and some of the matches were weak and unpopular with the WWE universe. However there were matches that had been hyped for ages and John Cena vs the Miz was one of those so no the Cena / Rock match would never have happened. But having to wait till WM28 is a long amount of time to have to wait for it.most matches have a storyline and a rivalry that makes them work but leaving this epic a whole year will lose any credibility to the match in the first place. Do it at Summerslam and at least there would still be time to hype the match further and yet not lose credibility.
The Truth Teller is offline   Reply With Quote