ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

I have a passion for professional wrestling and want to pursue in it. How do I prepare for...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Marvin is on a distinguished road
Default I have a passion for professional wrestling and want to pursue in it. How do I prepare for...

...wrestling school? Alright, so I've been watching pro wrestling since I was 4, and I have always loved and had a passion for it. I am 14, and will be going to Can Am Wrestling School (run by Scott D'Amore) and I was wondering what I should do to train to wrestling school (should I do cardio, should I get stronger, should I get built?) What do you think? And please don't answer if you haven't actually wrestled in a ring.

Haha I forgot to include, I'm going after HS and during college, my bad.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Haas of Pain is on a distinguished road

You're 14? don't go to wrestling school at 14, finish school first. 98% of wrestlers don't even make it to the big shows. And even if they do they get released after 3 years, if you don't get it huge. You'll be in for alot of pain and not a huge pay off, and poor. Like Goldust says finish school first you dumb@ss
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Tha Homie is on a distinguished road

Haha
Tha Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Hitman3000 is on a distinguished road

One thing, do you really want to do it? I want to ask you to do something right now and if you dont do it, dont bother reading on. Go outside, sslap the back of your hand as hard as you can against some concrete and see how much it hurts. Now imagine doing that well over 300 days a year and instead of the back of your hand once, imagine it is your back hundreds of times a night. Thats what i feals like. Do you feel you can physically do that? If not, dont bother reading on but you can if you want., make sure you have the body for it. They are going to usually go for a guy who looks like he is physically fit over a guy who looks like he just got done at a buffet. Sad but true. Second, make sure you go to a really good school. That school you mentioned is good but dont just train there, the greatest wrestlers have trained in Japan, Mexico, Canada, places like that and have come out amazing. Save up som,e major money btw because I assume that your parents arent going to be the most supportive of this idea. along the way work on your charisma. Make the moves looks larger than life but at the same time, dont over do it! Now I say along the way work on charisma and character because it really should be the most important thing. Id rather have a guy who knows what he is doing in the ring but just a litle dull than a guy who is charasmatic but botches all of his moves. other than all that dont give up
Hitman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote