ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

why does everybody look at smarks like bad people? how come smark is now used as an insult towards..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Ted The GIFT Andru is on a distinguished road
Default why does everybody look at smarks like bad people? how come smark is now used as an insult towards..

...other IWC..? ...members.

smarks aren't bad. they just know more stuff than the regular mark. (smark means smart mark) smarks don't always complain as the IWC insists (the IWC is stupid). where is all this hate for smarks coming from.
Ted The GIFT Andru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

el diablo is on a distinguished road

Smarks are people who THINK they know more than the average mark. Al Snow has even said that the term smart mark is an oxymoron.
el diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Im Not Here (Justifiably) is on a distinguished road

Actually yes Smarks are bad. Wrestlers in the biz usually dislike them, because they don't want to play along and suspend their disbelief. Its like how people watch TV shows and Movies and are willing to just watch and suspend their disbelief, but smarks want to be @-holes and act as if they know what really goes on backstage, and smarks look down on marks who are willing to play along with a storyline.

And yeah smarks don't always complain, but 70% of whats posted about wrestling on the internet is complaining.
Im Not Here (Justifiably) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Rassling Fundamentals is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry so I'm not suppose to listen to podcast from dirt sheet journalists and get the inside gossip of what is really going on? Is it so wrong to get the newz from the source instead of some fanboy blog that is wrong and only has 2nd or 3rd hand information that is most likely wrong to begin with? Come on don't you know that WORK RATE HYPE is the only thing that matters. Are you really going to sit there and accept the crap that is on tv as entertainment?!?!?!?! Don't you ever want to see a match that has a clean finish and an actual winner and loser? Or are you just going to sit there and witness match #3u4023 of RVD vs Anderson. Really?

Come on wrestling is suppose to be a sport people.....

let me put it this way since pro wrestling revolves around the heel vs face concept why can't the fan base do the same? think about it.....

what if I told you that smarks are the ones that actually believe in kayfabe......I mean really who else is going to go to the conventions and the wrestle reunion shows? marks only follow fads which is one reason why the attitude era died......the fans grew older and move on with their lives.
Rassling Fundamentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Mick is on a distinguished road

I think the worst thing about smarks is that they do try to delve a bit to deep into what's going on. Knowing that the action is scripted, knowing the terminology, and dissecting issues with a promotion is one thing. I don't get how people that have no inside interest in wrestling can care so much about shoot interviews and wires though. I can see wanting to watch ones with guys that are out of the business, i.e. old WCW or AWA guys, but trying to get the inside scoop on current stuff just makes it harder to suspend your disbelief. It makes the shows more boring and predictable in general if you already know everything that's going to happen, and go around ripping the promotion for doing it before it even happens.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote